Suplex tackling?

AlexCane

Senior
I am taking a momentary break from moping to ask a football question.

I guess that suplex tackles are drawing 15 yard flags now? Is that the rule?

Couch got one yesterday and I think we had another one this season.

Did the analysts discuss why that was called? (I was at the game.)

Advertisement
They said you can’t do that anymore but the one announcer was begging for players on our team actually try said he knows about how Miami players used to play and this is not it

It was frustrating because couch was behind him and was one of the only options he had to get him down and the official said “after the play “ which wasn’t true at all

How can the tackle be “after the play”
whistle blown. in this case it wasnt.

Advertisement
I guess I understand what they're talking about in the way the tackle was executed but the reasoning givin on the field was atrocious.... It wasn't like he tried to drop him on his head or anything like that, it was a legit attempt to get the player down.....

I get the intent of the rule but legit couch could do nothing else to get him down… if anything it’s on the ref to blow the whistle and call him down… instead they let them battle and what more can you do there??!

A rule that needs to to get modified…

It was frustrating because couch was behind him and was one of the only options he had to get him down and the official said “after the play “ which wasn’t true at all

How can the tackle be “after the play”
That's what I thought. If the offensive player is in front of you, I guess you can try to bring the offensive player to the side of your body rather than suplex, but that presumes the defensive player has the strength/ability to do so under those circumstances. Just a weird call. I was wondering if I missed something?

Advertisement
brock lesnar wwe GIF

Ref be like:

FBLmSagXsAQklwc.jpg

Advertisement
I am taking a momentary break from moping to ask a football question.

I guess that suplex tackles are drawing 15 yard flags now? Is that the rule?

Couch got one yesterday and I think we had another one this season.

Did the analysts discuss why that was called? (I was at the game.)
Frustrating as the ref never blew the whistle to call the play dead. Then the suplex and the call for the unsportsmanlike after the play was dead…you didn’t blow the play dead jackwagon, so how can you make the after the play call?

This is why we shouldn’t have featherweight midgets in our secondary. Kid was listed as 5’10” coming in. No way he is that tall. Another example of CMD setting us up for the future. Not sure how a season under Manuela would have gone this year without Lashlee. Glad 2022 season is in the books.

It's been a rule for years. It's annoying that guys still don't know not to do it. Dumbest team in America.

Couch was in a tough spot the ref didn't blow the whistle when the Pitt player's forward progress was stopped and he had him wrapped up, he didn't have many options to get his man down

Advertisement
It’s ridiculous. A 180 lb corner trying to take forward momentum from a 200+ lb player and gets a flag the only way he could make a tackle in that situation. Such a stupid rule. It should only be a penalty if you throw the player on their head

The call that ****ed me off was the targeting by Ts2 that was partly caused by 5 blocking in the back.

The rule was put in place to protect QB's who get grabbed from behind while in the pocket. For some reason its now illegal to tackle anyone too roughly.

I really hope the rules committee reviews and makes a change to that rule.

Advertisement
Back