Super Mario Croot - Race to the Finish - Who's left in the 22' Class?

lol. You guys are sour and criticizing Mario because a kid decided to make a statement and connect to his history or whatever - beyond football - and pick an HBCU.

He wasn’t coming here and it had nothing to do with Mario, better facilities, better history of development, putting kids in the league… none of it.

I’d be more disappointed if he picked another P5. When he picked JSU, all emotion on it left me. That’s just beyond our control. We’re not competing with that if that’s a kid’s primary thing.

Mario came in here with nothing in the class and got Blissainthe, Kelly, flipped Skinner from Bama and got Moss in short order with a number of targets left and people are harping on not getting a kid who wanted to go to an HBCU.

Let me ask you this - which specific P5 coaches do you think would have pulled Coleman away from Jackson State yesterday?
None. It was a JSU/Deion/Barstool game and he won it.

Has nothing to do with people feeling/saying he was in the bag, being ultra positive about the kid up until he picked the shiny money bag at JSU, then people spun their heads around making it seem like it didn’t at least suck a little bit, we’d been duped, etc.. —- that’s message board crootin!

Advertisement
lol. You guys are sour and criticizing Mario because a kid decided to make a statement and connect to his history or whatever - beyond football - and pick an HBCU.

He wasn’t coming here and it had nothing to do with Mario, better facilities, better history of development, putting kids in the league… none of it.

I’d be more disappointed if he picked another P5. When he picked JSU, all emotion on it left me. That’s just beyond our control. We’re not competing with that if that’s a kid’s primary thing.

Mario came in here with nothing in the class and got Blissainthe, Kelly, flipped Skinner from Bama and got Moss in short order with a number of targets left and people are harping on not getting a kid who wanted to go to an HBCU.

Let me ask you this - which specific P5 coaches do you think would have pulled Coleman away from Jackson State yesterday?
100%. Bama, maybe Ohio State since he’s a Midwest kid and Georgia.

Mario and the Hurricanes are ready to keep it moving past Kevin Coleman with Cyrus Moss in tow. Despite the Jackson State shocker (SARCASM ALERT FOR THE READING IMPAIRED: Please don't go to FSU Deion), the Canes jump to 36th in the recruiting ranks on 247. The Canes are still in prime position to finish strong and within the top 15. Who are the prime targets remaining?

Shemar Stewart - OV JAN 28TH

The Gem of the Targets. Considered a must get by some, the top prospect from south florida is a lynch pin type player who can anchor a defense, and would fit beautifully next to Leonard Taylor. A&M is the big threat with all there money, and Jackson State should be considered a darkhorse at this point.

Josh Conerly Jr - OV JAN 14TH

Conerly Jr, recently named the Anthony Munoz lineman of the year, is one of the largest targets for Mario, figuratively and literally. The Washington native was ready to commit to Oregon in late November before Mario came to Miami and is now seriously considering the U. Some feel Miami is the team to beat here.

Christen Miller - UOV TBD

The Georgia product is another new target like Conerly and has been getting tons of attention on the trail from Miami. While UGA is the current favorite, if Miami can make a move while he is on campus (would need to be UOV, has taken all 5), this one could get interesting quick.

Jahlil Florence - OV JAN 14TH

Former Oregon corner is getting all the love on the trail from Mario, TRob and crew. Only OV currently set up is to Miami on the 14th. With a top 5 recently released with Miami included, this is now a real one to watch. With his high school teammate Jalil Tucker still committed and signed to Oregon, it will be a fight, but one worth the time.

Trevonte Citizen - OV TBD

This one is a tough one to read or trust, with Citizen courted heavily by A&M and LSU. With Miami's RB room in flux, Citizen is difficult to get a read on. The previous staff was not going to add a HS RB here but the incoming staff feels differently it seems. Hopefully A&M has run out of money and corny *** Brian Kelly turns Citizen all the way off.

Dave Iuli - OV JAN 14TH

The massive offensive lineman hailing from Washington could be the first of many Somoans to trade coasts on the move to Coral Gables. Mirabal and Salave'a are the reason for that pipeline and have begun to run away with this recruitment. Fully expecting Iuli in this class.

TJ Dudley - OV TBD

Been quiet here but one worth mentioning with the current state of the LB room, the relationship with Mario and, he's really friggin good. Auburn is probably the team here until Dudley sets up an OV.

Jack Pyburn - OV TBD

The late bloomer looking like baby T.J. Watt blew up the TL with his nasty highlight type out of Jacksonville. The high motor player is high on Cristobal and should he get the green light, will be in this class.

Mason Thomas - JAN 28TH

The first half of a package deal, Thomas is another late bloomer who has a tweener frame but a type of player and personality you want on your team and in your locker room. Currently committed to Iowa State, it seems. like Pyburn, the green light to commit is all that is keeping Thomas from joining the Green and Orange.

Ahmed Moten - JAN 28TH

The other half of the Mason Thomas package deal, Moten, a Miami legacy, is a player that has been on Mario's radar far before coming back to Miami and a player that seems to love what Mario and Miami have to offer. Another Green light, hope he doesn't get squid gamed, kid is a take IMO.

Matthew McCoy - OV TBD

A bit of a mystery but the towering tackle was recently reoffered by the diminutive Mirabal. He visited the last weekend Manny was our Corch. Has been an active Gator target. If an OV happens I'll pay more attention to this.

If you know more targets or info or drop it here.
Nice summaries. Thank you!

Mario and the Hurricanes are ready to keep it moving past Kevin Coleman with Cyrus Moss in tow. Despite the Jackson State shocker (SARCASM ALERT FOR THE READING IMPAIRED: Please don't go to FSU Deion), the Canes jump to 36th in the recruiting ranks on 247. The Canes are still in prime position to finish strong and within the top 15. Who are the prime targets remaining?

The Gem of the Targets. Considered a must get by some, the top prospect from south florida is a lynch pin type player who can anchor a defense, and would fit beautifully next to Leonard Taylor. A&M is the big threat with all there money, and Jackson State should be considered a darkhorse at this point.

Conerly Jr, recently named the Anthony Munoz lineman of the year, is one of the largest targets for Mario, figuratively and literally. The Washington native was ready to commit to Oregon in late November before Mario came to Miami and is now seriously considering the U. Some feel Miami is the team to beat here.

The Georgia product is another new target like Conerly and has been getting tons of attention on the trail from Miami. While UGA is the current favorite, if Miami can make a move while he is on campus (would need to be UOV, has taken all 5), this one could get interesting quick.

Former Oregon corner is getting all the love on the trail from Mario, TRob and crew. Only OV currently set up is to Miami on the 14th. With a top 5 recently released with Miami included, this is now a real one to watch. With his high school teammate Jalil Tucker still committed and signed to Oregon, it will be a fight, but one worth the time.

This one is a tough one to read or trust, with Citizen courted heavily by A&M and LSU. With Miami's RB room in flux, Citizen is difficult to get a read on. The previous staff was not going to add a HS RB here but the incoming staff feels differently it seems. Hopefully A&M has run out of money and corny *** Brian Kelly turns Citizen all the way off.

Dave Iuli - OV JAN 14TH

The massive offensive lineman hailing from Washington could be the first of many Somoans to trade coasts on the move to Coral Gables. Mirabal and Salave'a are the reason for that pipeline and have begun to run away with this recruitment. Fully expecting Iuli in this class.

TJ Dudley - OV TBD

Been quiet here but one worth mentioning with the current state of the LB room, the relationship with Mario and, he's really friggin good. Auburn is probably the team here until Dudley sets up an OV.

Jack Pyburn - OV TBD

The late bloomer looking like baby T.J. Watt blew up the TL with his nasty highlight type out of Jacksonville. The high motor player is high on Cristobal and should he get the green light, will be in this class.

Mason Thomas - JAN 28TH

The first half of a package deal, Thomas is another late bloomer who has a tweener frame but a type of player and personality you want on your team and in your locker room. Currently committed to Iowa State, it seems. like Pyburn, the green light to commit is all that is keeping Thomas from joining the Green and Orange.

Ahmed Moten - JAN 28TH

The other half of the Mason Thomas package deal, Moten, a Miami legacy, is a player that has been on Mario's radar far before coming back to Miami and a player that seems to love what Mario and Miami have to offer. Another Green light, hope he doesn't get squid gamed, kid is a take IMO.

Matthew McCoy - OV TBD

A bit of a mystery but the towering tackle was recently reoffered by the diminutive Mirabal. He visited the last weekend Manny was our Corch. Has been an active Gator target. If an OV happens I'll pay more attention to this.

Excellent write up!

Advertisement
None. It was a JSU/Deion/Barstool game and he won it.

Has nothing to do with people feeling/saying he was in the bag, being ultra positive about the kid up until he picked the shiny money bag at JSU, then people spun their heads around making it seem like it didn’t at least suck a little bit, we’d been duped, etc.. —- that’s message board crootin!
Ok. I misunderstood you then. Yeah, praising him and then after he picks someone else, saying he’s not that good of a WR just looks ridiculous.

Ok. So we’re not a Midwest school. This is my point. I don’t think anyone but as to possibly - all I could think of is Bama and UGA and because it’s offense, UGA isn’t a guarantee. Anyhow, If that’s all we can think of as out-recruiting Mario then were in a great place.

Thanks for the writeup. I keep reading from the putz South Florida writers that Canes will have a small class (around 16), and while that may turn out, it appears Mario and Co. will sign more. Appears closer to 20 between HS and transfers.
Smaller then most. aTm taking 28 guys. I bet we sign 16-20 (depending on how things fall with transfer market)
Jack Pyburn is such a sleeper. I hope we take him, seems like the type to sacrifice themselves in special teams. You need a suicidal guy on st. And a real st coach lessss go

Ok. So we’re not a Midwest school. This is my point. I don’t think anyone but as to possibly - all I could think of is Bama and UGA and because it’s offense, UGA isn’t a guarantee. Anyhow, If that’s all we can think of as out-recruiting Mario then were in a great place.
I agreed with you 100%. Like you said I don’t even know if those 3 could have even gotten his commitment. He had tons of reasons to go to JSU like you said.

Advertisement
the two OL pls! we desperately need OL recruits in this class. And I still think Stewart comes. TAMU is loaded at D as has been noted several times but a dline of Kelly, Taylor, Stewart and Moss is equally good IMO.

Best response to this topic I've seen yet.

I would add tam
If one of those coaches got word that a recruit they wanted was sniffing a school like jsu their board would get enough cash to make sure it doesn’t happen
They couldn’t handle being a national story being best by jsu esp a big boy sec school

Advertisement
Very helpful thread, thank you. Fingers crossed on Shemar. What a front 4 we'd have!!Love all the big uglies. Let's reel them in.

I'm with the guys that think we're going to end with (a lot) more than 20 signees across both high schoolers and transfers. I expect the good news to keep on coming over the next few months.

Dave Iuli - OV JAN 14TH

TJ Dudley - OV TBD

Jack Pyburn - OV TBD

Mason Thomas - JAN 28TH

Ahmed Moten - JAN 28TH

Matthew McCoy - OV TBD

gracen halton

Advertisement
I don’t think etienne was super high on lsu’s board. Not convinced citizen was either most of the year but at the end of the day, I think lsu zeroes in on him and signs him. I believe they don’t have a RB yet in this class and citizen is a local kid. Once lsu zeroes in on in state kids, they typically always commit/sign.

I don’t have a good feel for the west coast kid but I do love both San Diego kids - would be tremendous if we get them.
Was it just me or did Etienne look like out of shape in the AA bowl game? Almost look like a small OG/OT out there

If the staff feels that we need a RB then I trust that they'll get a RB.

I think it’s a two team race between LSU & Auburn for Trevonte Citizen, with Miami on the outside trying to catch up.

TAMU has 28 commits & already has Le’Veon Moss signed, no way do they have enough room for him.

With Etienne committing to UF today, I think LSU will turn up the heat on Citizen, Brian Kelly hired RB’s coach Frank Wilson & gave him AHC title in order to save local Louisiana recruiting & I don’t see them letting Citizen get out of Louisiana with already losing Le’Veon Moss, Trevor Etienne, Dylan Sampson & Ajay Allen locally.

Jahlil Florence is the most important recruit left IMO, he probably won’t get the high priority attention as the OL/DL guys because the trench players is the only thing that matters anymore lol, but I don’t think people realize how long it’s been since we’ve had a quality playable 4-star Corner that you don’t have to sit on the bench for 2 years before he can play. Florence would be a HUGE get for the growth of this Defense going forward.

We cannot let him leave Gables without LOI signature, he can announce whenever he wants to, but we can’t let him visit & still miss on this one, gotta start rebuilding the CB room with talented pieces like him.
Welp… y’all heard the man! The 🐐has spoken

Advertisement
Back