Sunny Odogwu Interview after Spring Practice

Advertisement
Its not that he does not have athlecticism. I have seem UTough video of him and he moves better then many of the other OL. That is why he played on special teams last year. He is simply uncoordinated and he doesn't know what he is doing. Those two factors make it seem like he has no athleticism. I played with a kid with similar variables. The kid was outrunning players half his size but when it came to pass blocking, his lack of coordination and knowledge of the game caused him to over think things and he looked like a wounded animal. Our coach was never able to get his footwork right. I hope that is not the case with Odogwu because he is monstrous.

Advertisement
Folks on canestime premium talking about him being the starting left tackle this fall, with a couple folks really talking him up. Im skeptical but I do think he's got the potential. This is the kind of kid who can develop well under a golden-kehoe system. We'll see.

lol, that's why CT premium is too awful to read. Sonny is woefully unprepared to be the starting LT and anyone who thinks he can hasnt' watching much football.

Reminds me of Ian Symonette.. Physical monster who won't see the field bc of poor technique.

Sonny is actually a pretty good athlete. Symonette was knock kneed and a horrific athlete. If they coach Sonny up they can turn him into a very good OL. Guys give up on kids too quickly on here.

I haven't given up on Sonny. I just don't think he's anywhere near ready to start at Tackle with a QB that's as immobile as we have.

I haven't given up on Sonny. I just don't think he's anywhere near ready to start at Tackle with a QB that's as immobile as we have.

I didn't say he's ready to be great yet either. But he's only a sophomore with very limited experience as a football player. He really shouldn't have been expected to do anything until his RS Junior season.

With or without Sonny playing this year, it's going to be a long year.

Advertisement
He was a project, that's why we shouldn't expect much till year three or four. Kid was a basketball player, he's still very raw.

Reminds me of Ian Symonette.. Physical monster who won't see the field bc of poor technique.

Sonny is actually a pretty good athlete. Symonette was knock kneed and a horrific athlete. If they coach Sonny up they can turn him into a very good OL. Guys give up on kids too quickly on here.

For his size I'd say he's probably one of the most athletic kids on the team. I'm a fan and I'm rooting for him big time haven't given up at all. I pray this kid puts it together TECHNIQUE wise. Bc when he got out there it was obvious this kid has no idea how to pass block.

As far as Symonette it was different.. He was an army all american with offers from everywhere but same scenario..from the Bahamas only played a year or two of football with incredible size.. Just had horrible technique and couldn't move.. Wasn't comparing them athletically.

Interesting comparison.

Lmao Symonette was a 5 star OL out of the Bahamas or some sh*t. Another Shancoker special.

I saw him (Symonette) in practice plenty of times and he was slow, lost, unathletic, and he could barely touch his toes.

Sonny is indeed a project, but he's very athletic for his size. Low risk, high reward take in my opinion.

I hope to see him succeed because he is an overall good dude.

He goes to the Wellness center frequently and seems legitimately interested in staying in shape and improving as a player.

Can't say one bad thing about him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back