Sunday post-season baseball report

I'm pretty sure Texas Tech lost two 1-run games in Omaha last year. Come on man. Calling Vandy a intermural SEC squad is laughable. Vandy has been packed with the most MLB talent in the country over the past 5 years. Not sure what you are trying to prove. Did Miami end the season badly last season? Of course, so did like 7 national seeds who didn't make Omaha. It happens. I think everyone agrees that we would have liked Miami to get out of regionals last year, but if has nothing to do with regionals this year. Will we make it out? No clue, but I'm gonna be rooting for to actually win. Morris was given 3 more years and then Gino takes over. We are in the run for a national seed. Let's actually enjoy the season and hope we keep winning. I know it's fun to come on here when we lose but come on. Okay, rant over.

Advertisement
...and then Gino takes over...

Which hopefully isn't the move that ends the program for good. You don't promote the assistant when the team has performed below expectations for six years. Mark Kingston and Greg Lovelady are gaining valuable head coaching experience and will one day be running elite programs while we hope that our guy doesn't take too long to learn on the job.

I agree that Kingston would have been a homerun hire. I'm not against the Gino move. When he left was when the "downfall" started. His recruiting is starting to show. Mercadante really set us back.

Advertisement
If this years team and last years 24-6 record in the ACC is a downfall, I will take it.

Of course you would, because you're an apologist who thinks that the program is fine if we make the post-season and everyone gets a milkshake. It doesn't bother you one bit that we have not been a contender since 2008. Even with our strong RPI, we managed to lose the series to four of our five best opponents. That's what you're accepting.

If this years team and last years 24-6 record in the ACC is a downfall, I will take it.

Of course you would, because you're an apologist who thinks that the program is fine if we make the post-season and everyone gets a milkshake. It doesn't bother you one bit that we have not been a contender since 2008. Even with our strong RPI, we managed to lose the series to four of our five best opponents. That's what you're accepting.

Seriously, there are very few posters on this site who follow baseball, let's try to play nice.

Advertisement
That is your criteria QOS, not mine. Morris will be here for 3 more years, than DiMare. The school is happy with the team. There is no need to apologize for anything.

That is your criteria QOS, not mine. Morris will be here for 3 more years, than DiMare. The school is happy with the team. There is no need to apologize for anything.

That's the exact soft, accepting attitude that you have. You're happy. When you and the AD are happy with just making the postseason, there is no incentive for anyone to do better.

Keep the streak alive and sell milkshakes. That's all you care about.

Last season still sucks. easiest path ever to the CWS, and we crap our pants. NO WAY they give us another one like that. They will put hot teams in our regional, and then Super at UF, if we make it.

Advertisement
UF and Free Shoes are expected CWS bound every year. We are a likely home regional and maybe a occasional road loss Super Regional program every few seasons now.

LOTS of ACC programs have accomplished a lot more since 2008 than us. ****, the gatas have had like 7 better seasons in a row.

That's the exact soft, accepting attitude that you have. You're happy. When you and the AD are happy with just making the postseason, there is no incentive for anyone to do better.

Well you nailed it, the players are content making a regional, we can all go home now. At least Smokey has someone to play with now.

Advertisement

No disrespect intended, but what do you think is the answer? I'm a fan, and I'm glad the team does well and wish they could do better. Sure we're not living up to potential, but a hot game here or there.. maybe another player and things could be significantly better. The mild point I'm trying to make is things could get worse instead of better if you know what I mean.

I

Well you nailed it, the players are content making a regional, we can all go home now. At least Smokey has someone to play with now.

Sheesh, you have to do better than that. No one said anything about the players. When you make significant six-figures, you're secure for retirement, and the administration is happy with your performance, where is the drive and hunger to do better?

You realize that we were in a better position on this date last year than we are this year, right? And as soon as things got real (ACCT, Regional) we laid an egg.

No disrespect intended, but what do you think is the answer? I'm a fan, and I'm glad the team does well and wish they could do better. Sure we're not living up to potential, but a hot game here or there.. maybe another player and things could be significantly better. The mild point I'm trying to make is things could get worse instead of better if you know what I mean.

The answer was/ is to be proactive and start looking at the very near future. I'm sorry, but titles in 1999 and 2001 don't give you a lifetime free pass. Texas is in the same tough situation with Augie Garrido. When do you tell the legend that we're moving forward?

I'll point this out: since our admin had to tell Morris that we are not getting hit with major violations for a third time, we have had just one contending season.

I wouldn't worry about Super Regionals and National seeds. Last year was the biggest cakewalk gift in baseball history for us to waltz into Omaha and even win it all, and we couldn't even get out of Dade County. A intramural SEC squad beat UVA in the finals. LOL! TT went to the CWS (and was beat in two games by a combined score of like 45-0)

Or 5-3. Texas Tech lost to TCU 3-2 and Ole Miss 2-1 in Omaha.

Advertisement
Back