Sun Life Renovations (nice)

Advertisement
Turning pro football into an event for the corporate country club crowd that goes to games so they can say they were there, socializes and then when the fourth quarter score is close and the home team is behind and driving to win leaves early to beat traffic.

Advertisement
Turning pro football into an event for the corporate country club crowd that goes to games so they can say they were there, socializes and then when the fourth quarter score is close and the home team is behind and driving to win leaves early to beat traffic.

Welcome to Miami......

That stadium look nice and its louder to.. and I could of swarn Miami owner took a shot at the U last night when they asked him about the color of the seats.

Advertisement
I would take the OB, too. But that's not where any level of sports is headed these days. Hopefully closer seats make for a better environment

Very nice, but not very college football though.

Neither was the OB. Obviously the OB was very different from Sun Life but it also wasn't like other traditional college football venues. In fact, very little about our whole program has ever felt very college-like. Miami doesn't have a traditional looking campus. Or the pomp and pageantry or the fans all waving pom poms or whatever. I love that whole college football experience, but it's never been Miami.

Given all that, I think the renovated Sun Life will be just fine for us. What we really need is a venue that can get loud and that doesn't look and feel empty when 45k shows up. I think these renovations will adequately address that.

Neither was the OB. Obviously the OB was very different from Sun Life but it also wasn't like other traditional college football venues. In fact, very little about our whole program has ever felt very college-like. Miami doesn't have a traditional looking campus. Or the pomp and pageantry or the fans all waving pom poms or whatever. I love that whole college football experience, but it's never been Miami.

Given all that, I think the renovated Sun Life will be just fine for us. What we really need is a venue that can get loud and that doesn't look and feel empty when 45k shows up. I think these renovations will adequately address that.

Great post. Having a much better stadium will be better for fans and recruiting too.

Great post. Having a much better stadium will be better for fans and recruiting too.

I hope so. It shouldn't hurt.

Advertisement

LOL

Blame the City of Miami and the University of Miami...

Dolphin Stadium is we all have and will continue to have so cut the BS and be thankful we have an owner that was willing to spend $450M to renovate a 30 yr old stadium!

give me the classic orange bowl over this fancy BS any day

Advertisement
Cant wait for $50+ parking, $20+ beer, $18 burgers, Aww man and if I bring kiddies the budget just keeps on going! To watch a **** product on top of that, why would I want to stay in comfort of my home and eat great food with friends (who stop goin to canes games looooong ago) while watching multiple games that actually have championship implications and not only coastal aspirations?

CANT. WAIT.

Do you ever go to games? Sun Life gets very loud & will be more so now; especially next year with the roof coming on.

Cant wait for $50+ parking, $20+ beer, $18 burgers, Aww man and if I bring kiddies the budget just keeps on going! To watch a **** product on top of that, why would I want to stay in comfort of my home and eat great food with friends (who stop goin to canes games looooong ago) while watching multiple games that actually have championship implications and not only coastal aspirations?

CANT. WAIT.
If you buy tickets to UM games you're part of the problem. I'm glad they priced you out so you can't go to the games and keep ratifying UM's fckery.

CANT. WAIT.
If you buy tickets to UM games you're part of the problem. I'm glad they priced you out so you can't go to the games and keep ratifying UM's fckery.

I dont know how you got me going to games from that post, lol. Wasnt about being priced out, its about a **** product that doesnt even deserve a dollar until the university gets serious about winning again. If they dont care, why should I?

Advertisement
Back