Sun Bowl Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kind of interesting to me that a team can get ready on such short notice without formal practices and conditioning to play with no worries while we cancelled despite holding some practices for fear kids would get "hurt" if they were sitting out several days due to COVID.

Is it we care more for our players than Central Michigan?

Kind of interesting to me that a team can get ready on such short notice without formal practices and conditioning to play with no worries while we cancelled despite holding some practices for fear kids would get "hurt" if they were sitting out several days due to COVID.

Central Michigan were going to play in the Arizona Bowl on Friday against Boise St, but the Broncos pulled out.

We didnt cancel for fear of anything. We canceled because we simply don't have enough scholarship players in the offensive line available for the game, due to ACC COVID protocol/restrictions.

The Mighty Chippewas of Central Michigan ain't scared of jack**** ! . @bubbie72

S7P1KbZ.jpg

Advertisement
We didnt cancel for fear of anything. We canceled because we simply don't have enough scholarship players in the offensive line available for the game, due to ACC COVID protocol/restrictions.
Not saying players were fearful. I am sure if they had a choice they would have preferred to play, even ones that tested positive but were otherwise feeling fine to play.

At some point, maybe at the 50th variant of the virus, we just carry on with life.

Not saying players were fearful. I am sure if they had a choice they would have preferred to play, even ones that tested positive but were otherwise feeling fine to play.

At some point, maybe at the 50th variant of the virus, we just carry on with life.
Oh no, we must always proceed with “an over abundance of caution”. Why just shut down the high risk among us when you can use this to shut down everyone?

Advertisement

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. If you test positive for COVID, you're literally ineligible to play (for 10 days, was the last I checked for the ACC) and must quarantine. You can't just decide to play still if you test positive. With that said, we had too many offensive lineman test positive. With respect to the topic, I'm not accounting for how the players feel physically. Just medical results and the fact that we withdrew due to not having enough players at the position that was eligible to play.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm saying. If you test positive for COVID, you're literally ineligible to play (for 10 days, was the last I checked for the ACC) and must quarantine. You can't just decide to play still if you test positive. With that said, we had too many offensive lineman test positive. With respect to the topic, I'm not accounting for how the players feel physically. Just medical results and the fact that we withdrew due to not having enough players at the position that was eligible to play.

You missed “if they had a choice”. I know they can’t play because of, IMO, asinine protocols and restrictions. But that’s another story.

Advertisement
It didn't sound like that in the article on the athletic. It sounds like we could have made it Happen Through a lot of effort, but we were like nah.

"“They didn’t want to risk getting guys sick. We had some guys out right now that would’ve been back before the game, but it’s just bad timing,” Harley, Miami’s all-time leader in receptions, told local Fox affiliate WSVN on Sunday night.

“We heard something with the ACC saying it’s a new strand. So, usually, it takes 10 to 14 days to come back. Now, it takes seven days to come back. It was just all in the air. They didn’t want to risk it.”

Aside from players testing positive for COVID-19, there were fears players who hadn’t been able to practice or train in weeks would get injured playing in a game more than a month removed from their regular-season finale, a 47-10 win at Duke on Nov. 27.""

If it was not enough OL just say it, this article doesn't sound like that was reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back