Summer OVs - New Wave?

Jassid82

Senior
Not sure if this was discussed already but can anyone give any insight as to this new trend of kids taking their OVs in the Summer? And we are talking about the elite kids all using their OVs for the Summer time which is **** near 6 months before ESD and 8 months before NSD? Seems odd. Is this the NIL wave where kids want to commit early and hopefully get some of that NIL money ahead of time in a "down payment" type format? I know some of the kids will go back during the season to UOV for actual games but to see so many elite kids taking OVs during the Summer is something I havent seen ever really.

Advertisement
Not sure if this was discussed already but can anyone give any insight as to this new trend of kids taking their OVs in the Summer? And we are talking about the elite kids all using their OVs for the Summer time which is **** near 6 months before ESD and 8 months before NSD? Seems odd. Is this the NIL wave where kids want to commit early and hopefully get some of that NIL money ahead of time in a "down payment" type format? I know some of the kids will go back during the season to UOV for actual games but to see so many elite kids taking OVs during the Summer is something I havent seen ever really.

My guess? Yes, NILs have something to do with it. But, yeah, June is an active month. July is a dead period for the most part and August is a light recruiting month since fall camp is udner way. Then, the season starts. Kids want to lock up some spots in the first wave in advance of early NLOI.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back