2023 Summer Official Visits

Advertisement
One of our visitors next Friday just committed to the gator.

1655687159866.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
If the report of him using a OV is true then yes. Risky to use a OV this far out from a recruitment that is going to signing day.
I disagree. Sometimes u take a lead early and make others catch up. This one the game performances will matter but sometimes u get in with the family, in this case his mother and its hard to overcome that. Mario is really good with the family, his mom loves DVD and Cormani is high on Addae.

GAHH**** I was excited for the slate this weekend, but now... SHEEEEESH, next weekend is going to be absolutely nutty. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!!!

If the report of him using a OV is true then yes. Risky to use a OV this far out from a recruitment that is going to signing day.
There’s got to be a method to the madness. Mario isn’t going to do something premature and blow his best shot at impressing the kid. Not saying he’d commit but there’s got to be a reason he’d do it this far in advance. JMO.

Advertisement
There’s got to be a method to the madness. Mario isn’t going to do something premature and blow his best shot at impressing the kid. Not saying he’d commit but there’s got to be a reason he’d do it this far in advance. JMO.
Btw, programs that are set like Bama and UGA can do the close later stuff. Building programs like us are better jumping out and say come catch us, build up a head of steam, something like Texas A&M did last cycle. Then when the commits start rolling its easier to convince the late deciders

I disagree. Sometimes u take a lead early and make others catch up. This one the game performances will matter but sometimes u get in with the family, in this case his mother and its hard to overcome that. Mario is really good with the family, his mom loves DVD and Cormani is high on Addae.
I agree, just saying it’s risky.

I not only like the idea but the calculation of risk. Cormani is a long shot. Now I don’t think he is trolling us but in the end a kid like this goes to Bama or UF because he is a Lakeland kid. So the line of thinking is bring him when the visitor list and stakes are the highest. On top of that, he visiting alone raises the level of the event that much higher. He will be surrounded by not only other big time recruits but some of them leans here in Howard, Ray Ray, Aguero and who knows who else visits, but also our vaunted alumni. It makes perfect sense to me.

Advertisement
Btw, programs that are set like Bama and UGA can do the close later stuff. Building programs like us are better jumping out and say come catch us, build up a head of steam, something like Texas A&M did last cycle. Then when the commits start rolling its easier to convince the late deciders
It’d be a class altering pull this early. But it’s super risky. Makes sense to shoot your shot when you have a who’s who of alumni on campus. Still an uphill battle considering he’s a Lakeland kid.

The early visit approach did not work out for Connerly.

It’d be a class altering pull this early. But it’s super risky. Makes sense to shoot your shot when you have a who’s who of alumni on campus. Still an uphill battle considering he’s a Lakeland kid.
I don't think he will commit till signing day but we could plant something in his head and all the other visits after will have to match that. We will see. It's not like we are still not gonna recruit him. I'm skeptical of those in season OV'S. They get sandwiched between game prep and team practice. U can give the full sell of the future in the summer

Advertisement
Back