Summer Enrollment Dates for Signees

download_image

kWN48_s-200x150.gif

Advertisement
Jeff Thomas
Herbert
Bandy

Are all instant impact freshman. Everyone else on the list will take time to contribute imo

Advertisement
I cant wait to see Perry and Thomas get on the field.
But I'm really looking forward to Delaney and Dean getting here and seeing what they can do. Picking up Delaney was big.

I can't emphasize enough how huge it is for this secondary and this defense to add 2 guys like Dean ans Delaney. Delaney was a huge pull. He will play one year but what he adds is enormous. Delaney is an NFL caliber CB that would have been drafted in the middle rounds at the latest and came here to solidify his draft stock and becone a sure fire 1st day pick. With the front seven he will be playing with who knows how high Delaney could go. What I do know is that he will get plenty of opportunities to make plays and get picks. Add to that one of the top 2 JUCO CBs in Dean who comes in with an urgency to prove himself and Bam just like that you have 2 experienced upperclassmen starting caliber CBs to add to a true Sophomore in Malek Young who is imo our best pure cover corner since Philip Buchanon and is at least an All ACC talent. Were not done yet because the best CB in Florida last year Trajan Bandy is also set to enroll next week. Add Michael Jackson to this group and we have somehow managed to turn a position that was young, thin ans considered a relative weakness into a position of relative strength that stacks up with the best in the conference.

And if that isnt enough to get you hard then realize after this year we likely only lose Delaney and add kids like DJ Ivey, Josh Jobe, Al Blades and possibly Tyson Campbell. I cannot wait to see this defense play and they will only get better. Chew on that and while you're at it consider that we haven't even mentioned the safety position where JJ will have a breakout year, Amari Cater will play a ton and possibly decapitate someone and Redwine will come into his own while we wait for Hall, Russell and Frierson.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back