Sum Ting Wong

Advertisement
While I in no way support this type of racist language, I'll just say that it was totally worth that guy killing his summer internship and any hope of future government employment to get newscasters to say those names.

Is that what happened?

Was it some kid summer intern working at the NTSB? Good God what was he thinking?

Advertisement
Had a big discussion with my wife on this when it happenned.

That news reader lady had to know that was a prank. Either that, or she’s the dumbest person on earth. Even if she first received those names that very second, as she’s reading them, she had to know that they were a hoax. Any normal person reading those names knows that they’re fake.

So she either said “fūck it“ I’m reading these names anyway, or she was in on it (which in retrospect she wasn’t), or she’s the dumbest person on earth.. Had it been me, I would’ve stopped right in the middle of it and said, wait a second, these names don’t sound real.

And yes I’m not proud of it but I laughed like a hyena.

Advertisement

That news reader lady had to know that was a prank. Either that, or she’s the dumbest person on earth. Even if she first received those names that very second, as she’s reading them, she had to know that they were a hoax. Any normal person reading those names knows that they’re fake.

So she either said “fūck it“ I’m reading these names anyway, or she was in on it (which in retrospect she wasn’t), or she’s the dumbest person on earth.. Had it been me, I would’ve stopped right in the middle of it and said, wait a second, these names don’t sound real.

God help you if you say the names don't sound and it turns out they are.

First, most of those newscasters are not the brightest bulbs, and the truly rely on teleprompters. Especially for "breaking news". They put most of their mental capacity into controlling the intonation of their "broadcaster voices" and they don't tend to think ahead within the sentence. That's why you see so many boneheaded "jokes" that they make, when they are trying to improvise something funny, while instead they say racist and sexist and stupid things.

Second, Peter Jennings and the OJ call. Yes, I realize Peter Jennings doesn't even have a college degree, but that prank caller had him going for several minutes. And Bababooey to y'all!

Third, if EVER that Asian pilot prank were going to be caught, it should have been caught by the person who typed up the on-screen graphic. It is one thing to read off the teleprompter and not be aware that you are saying "Something wrong" and "Holy fvck", but it is another thing to be the person who types that and then tells SpellCheck to disregard any changes.

Advertisement
That schit was an all time classic. I wish they would have fit in my boy from Sixteen Candles.

22bfuc.jpg

Advertisement

Those news people are not hired for smarts. They are just that stupid.

Advertisement
Back