Suggestion. Lock threads after 10 pages of biatching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bear

Sophomore
Cannot believe Macc got 140 pages and our other ballers who are coming are getting 10-20 pages max. I could care less for mac and jeudy and anyone else who spurns the U. Once they commit somewhere else **** them. 10 pages of biatching should be allowed before thread is locked for good. Let's focus on the boys who are coming and forget about the ones who don't.

Advertisement
I feel a small sense of duty to point out that in both the cases of Mac and Jeudy it was the prolonged uncertainty of their final decision that contributed to the 150 page threads. How many times can any say "Awww yeah #SQUAD17 #PATHOFTHESTORM #EYETHEBUS WELCOME TO DA UUUU" about Kia-Leon Herbert?

Advertisement
I certainly agree with the sentiment. What happened with the kid from Maryland happens every year to almost every program. It happened to us last year. The Cane train is not going to stop - not even going to slow down.

The most common reason of the length of those threads and others is the derailment of those threads by side arguments that had nothing to do with the title or the subject been discussed. That's why when it is obvious a thread has been derailed for a while should be locked.

I always hated very long threads since it is so hard to find real information in a sea of garbage.

Advertisement
Agree, as a long time lurker, this board is getting unnavigable with every thread going over 10 pages. What's wrong with a new thread for a new piece of information on a recruit rather than piling on to an existing thread that's already 10+ pages.

I feel a small sense of duty to point out that in both the cases of Mac and Jeudy it was the prolonged uncertainty of their final decision that contributed to the 150 page threads. How many times can any say "Awww yeah #SQUAD17 #PATHOFTHESTORM #EYETHEBUS WELCOME TO DA UUUU" about Kia-Leon Herbert?

You have a good point, but I think the OP's is a better one. Once a thread gets to be a certain size, its likely to be populated by trolls and arguments, and not very useful discussion.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Up vote... I usally read first page and that's all too many personal opinions that have no fact. Just noto worth my time.

Advertisement
Amen!! You with us...or your not, end of discussion. A stud recruit, commits to the U, and all The love he gets is 11 pages. Andy MacMissedthebus does his primadonna dance and gets 140 pages??

Or....when more than 2 post get posted about the temp of steak....

Or boxing from the days of marciano, and Marconi...

Perfect solution!!

If we lock threads at the 10-page mark, that officially ends the 50-page curse. That means we would've gotten McFarland and Jeudy.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back