Suggested Staff Moves for Diaz

Astcloud11

Senior
Premium
Fire Searles and Brown.

Demote Jon Richt to offensive analyst.

Fire Jarrod Kilburn because he completely failed this year as the recruiting coordinator (This is his first year and our worst in forever in terms of planning). Either that or demote him back to an assistant.

Revoke Hartley of Special Team duties, but also promote him to recruiting coordinator.

This will leave 4 Onfield staff spots open

Hires:
Mason Miller as OC, and allow him to bring 2 assistants with him. Preferably a QB and RB coach and allow him to continue coaching OL. However, hes been a HC before so let him handle it however he wants.

Heavily pursuit Michael Barrow as AHC/ST Coordinator/ILB coach.

Advertisement
Fire Searles and Brown.

Fire Jarrod Kilburn because he completely failed this year as the recruiting coordinator (This is his first year and our worst in forever in terms of planning). Either that or demote him back to an assistant.

Revoke Hartley of Special Team duties, but also promote him to recruiting coordinator.

Hires:
Mason Miller as OC, and allow him to bring 2 assistants with him. Preferably a QB and RB coach and allow him to continue coaching OL. However, hes been a HC before so let him handle it however he wants.

Why even bother? They wont listen, they will just repeat the same b.s every year. "We are building champions here at the U. And theres no doubt in my.mind that Manny Diaz will lead us back to national contention.

Why even bother? They wont listen, they will just repeat the same b.s every year. "We are building champions here at the U. And theres no doubt in my.mind that Manny Diaz will lead us back to national contention.

He has to hire somebody. 1 staff spot open and no OC.

Fire Searles and Brown.

Hires:

you forgot to tell him to wipe his *** and brush his teeth.

Advertisement
HC
Richt 4.2 mil
Diaz 2.8 mil (guess, hope it's closer to 2.5 since he ain't proved anything, Golden was more accomplished and made 2.4 mil)

Real OC
None (could be 1 mil plus)
Kiffin 1.8 mil (900k pay increase, basically DOUBLE his current salary)

OL
Searles 350k
Bedenbaugh 900k
(OL/non playcalling OC, same position as in Oklahoma) OC in waiting since Kiffin bolts after year 2 or even 1, 900k is 400k salary increase from Oklahoma, extra incentive is that he is basically guaranteed to be OC by year 3)

Totals

Rick "big 3" 5.5 mil
Diaz "big 3" 5.5 mil

Lil Richt should not be on the staff. Fire Searels yes. I would also add Rumph. I actually have liked the CB’s development but we need an ace recruiter there.

Agreed on Jarrod move. Such a let down this year but was that more on Richt?

Curious as to why you would want Brown gone? He’s recruited well at the position and his RB’s have consistently produced despite having no help from the OL. I do think he’s a Richt guy and will have plenty of job offers though so wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave on his own.

Don’t mind the Mason Miller move if he can implement air raid here. But I’d rather have Brandon Streeter from Clemson as QB/OC coach.

Barrow ain’t coming here unless as DC. But that won’t happen.

Advertisement
Lil Richt should not be on the staff. Fire Searels yes. I would also add Rumph. I actually have liked the CB’s development but we need an ace recruiter there.

Agreed on Jarrod move. Such a let down this year but was that more on Richt?

Curious as to why you would want Brown gone? He’s recruited well at the position and his RB’s have consistently produced despite having no help from the OL. I do think he’s a Richt guy and will have plenty of job offers though so wouldn’t be surprised to see him leave on his own.

Don’t mind the Mason Miller move if he can implement air raid here. But I’d rather have Brandon Streeter from Clemson as QB/OC coach.

Barrow ain’t coming here unless as DC. But that won’t happen.

I personally like Rumph but I can see where you're coming from. Banda is the only defensive guy who appears to pull in recruits.

Jarrod is a rookie, and even if it's not his fault, Diaz sucks at recruiting and it would be neglegence on his part to allow an inexperienced staffer to run it, while overseeing it when hes subpar at it himself.

Making room to help the OC. If not, Brown would have to be coaching RBs to play in a system that he never played or coached in himself. Some of the core concepts that he learned under Richt would have to be thrown out the window. We would have to hope he can adjust AND properly teach the new concepts. Easier to let the new OC bring in someone who can do it.

I just want anybody from the Leach tree really. But im very intrigued with Miller because hes been the OC, play caller, a HC, played for Leach, and Is a heavy disciple of the Air Raid offense but knows how to incorporate his RBs as well.

I personally like Rumph but I can see where you're coming from. Banda is the only defensive guy who appears to pull in recruits.

Jarrod is a rookie, and even if it's not his fault, Diaz sucks at recruiting and it would be neglegence on his part to allow an inexperienced staffer to run it, while overseeing it when hes subpar at it himself.

Making room to help the OC. If not, Brown would have to be coaching RBs to play in a system that he never played or coached in himself. Some of the core concepts that he learned under Richt would have to be thrown out the window. We would have to hope he can adjust AND properly teach the new concepts. Easier to let the new OC bring in someone who can do it.

I just want anybody from the Leach tree really. But im very intrigued with Miller because hes been the OC, play caller, a HC, played for Leach, and Is a heavy disciple of the Air Raid offense but knows how to incorporate his RBs as well.

True about Brown. Regardless, I think it’s a moot point. I think he leaves for another program or Diaz replaces him due to the OC hire.

Only concern about Miller is his recruiting prowess. Not sure if it’s a pro or a con but worried about how that would translate down here.

To your point about Jarrod, Brandon Streeter was Clemson’s recruiting coordinator. I think we all know they have their shít together on that front. The guy was an OC for Richmond so he has experience playcalling a very good offense there. His QB resume is impressive with Watson, Bryant, and now Lawrence.

New OC/QB Coach David Yost ( TTech buyout is $250k, so offer him $750K for 4yrs)
New OL/ running game coordinator Ryan Silverfield from Memphis offer him $400k

New offensive Analyst Sean Gleeson ( Princeton OC) pay him 100K

Hire a special teams analyst to help Hartley plan and scheme.

Bring back Ken Dorsey as offensive Assistant . That QB room is going to need a lot of TLC to get right.

Oh and Thomas brown is rehired as RB coach at $275k.

Ron Dugans and Hartley can stay the same.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
The entire offensive staff should be dismissed immediately.

Including the guy we all liked because he drove around in obnoxious cars, but rewarded us with a group of WRs that can’t catch the football.

Our special teams suck. Clean house there.

Felder can go, too.

I have no suggestions for Diaz as I'm not connected.

I'll be watching his moves with a keen interest though. He's really under the gun from day one - it'll be very telling what kind of coach he's going to be with these first hires.

I think we all know that, at minimum, we need a new QB, OL and S&C coach. We also need an OC and someone qualified to coach STs.

Will he retain Brown, Dugans and Hartley who, by all accounts, are very good recruiters / solid position coaches? Or will he appoint an OC and let him have carte blanche?

Interesting times ahead.

Advertisement
Hartley is the only O staff that even merits talk of keeping.

Jon Richt should be fired from a cannon.

Gus should go. Hire Vic Valoria from LSU. He ran the FSU program under Jimbo.

Fire Searles and Brown.

Hires:

Ether them all. They smell of Richt and his o

Advertisement
Back