Sucks that Shane was sick

Advertisement
Sick or not, the entire team shot like ***. Rion and TMJ blew whatever shot we had by not making anything until the last 4 minutes. Been harping that we would only go as far as our role players would allow, and you saw the proof of it tonight.

Larkin had flu like symptoms, Scott needed dental work on Tuesday, Gamble wasn't 100%, and Reggie was out. It happens, so no excuses, but it sucks that it all happened now.

Larkin had flu like symptoms, Scott needed dental work on Tuesday, Gamble wasn't 100%, and Reggie was out. It happens, so no excuses, but it sucks that it all happened now.

Scott needed dental work? WTF did he have done that was so pressing?

You should investigate and get back to us. Root canal? Wisdom tooth pulled? Inquiring minds want to know.

Advertisement
Scott got knocked in the face with an elbow in practice and had multiple loose teeth. I think that had literally nothing to do with his sheer and total hesitance to shoot the ball when he was open though.

Akpejiori apparently further injured his hand at one point and our practice had 8 scholarship players if I read correctly.

Where are all these claims coming from?

Miami Herald, Sun-Sentinel, Palm Beach Post, etc.

It was the biggest game of his life, but Shane Larkin didn't get much sleep the night before.

Not nerves, but a stomach bug hit Miami's All-American point guard. Hurricane coach Jim Larranaga said Larkin was ill all Wednesday night before losing 71-61 to Marquette in the Sweet 16.

"Shane Larkin was throwing up all night, didn't eat this morning," Larranaga said. "(He) didn't eat until the pregame meal at 3:00, so I don't think those guys didn't have the juice they normally do."

Larkin still played 39 of the 40 minutes and led Miami with 14 points on 4 for 8 shooting.

He wasn't alone, either.

Senior guard Durand Scott took an elbow to the mouth and loosened a few teeth in a Tuesday practice.

The Hurricanes were down to eight scholarship players in practice when Raphael Akpejori injured his already ailing hand.

"Maybe all the Marquette players had those things happen, too, I don't know." Larranaga said. "But I just know we didn't look like ourselves."

Last edited:
I agree. Last night it was a disaster. No excuses. CanesST26 is correct. "Overall we just got beat." Let's appreciate all the thrills the season gave us and hope a solid recruiting class continues our national recognition.

Advertisement
Everybody's carrying injuries and nicks and dings this late in the season, but when you only go 3 deep on the bench and one of them is having knee surgery 2 days prior, you're going to feel it more than most. Up to Coach L to rectify that situation and recruit the depth we need as we move forward.

That's not recruiting, even Duke and UNC nor Kentucky has depth to overcome just straight up bad luck. It happens, we played bad in big game and a **** storm slapped us in the face at an inopportune time.

Just a bad setup period. The officials didn't call a thing (all the way around), but that style definitely favored a more physical Marquette team. Larkin sick, Reggie out, plus all this other stuff was just too much to overcome. Still proud of the team and they represented The U well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back