Suarez

shoeless

Retired staff
Premium
Haven't heard anything lately on Andrew Suarez. Did he sign? I know the deadline is coming up. I don't think the Nationals have signed their top pick either. Just curious to know if anyone knows anything.

Advertisement
They have until friday to sign him,
There top pick an another highly rated high school kid. All reports I read say they will be hard pressed to sigh all 3 so it's possible we get lucky but I'm not holding my breath but it would be real nice to have him back.

Advertisement
I've seen reports from the Nationals that seem to think he's gonna sign by deadline. Also seen on twitter that he's coming back to UM. Anyone's guess but we will know tonight for sure.

Advertisement
Insane that he's coming back, that's so awesome. He has a chance to do some great things, really make his mark on the University, complete his education, and who knows? Maybe even Iron Arrow or something. When he's in his 30's and is winding down his career, and had his entire life ahead of him, he will look back and probably be grateful to himself for making this decision.

Any word on any of the signees?

Advertisement
As for the number 3 I hear there is a kid that is suppose to be really good. Hoines? something like that. Gino is a mother!!! Team is transforming in front of our eyes.

Insane that he's coming back, that's so awesome. He has a chance to do some great things, really make his mark on the University, complete his education, and who knows? Maybe even Iron Arrow or something. When he's in his 30's and is winding down his career, and had his entire life ahead of him, he will look back and probably be grateful to himself for making this decision.

Do not fear, one of our astute fans will find a reason to tell us why this is bad news and that we suck. Great fan that he is!!

I actually think this is a terrible decision on his part. He can always come back and get his degree when he is done playing. But given how frequently pitchers sustain major injuries these days this was an awful decision. T

Advertisement
It's a risky decision, but he's betting on himself. I'm happy, of course, but surprised as well.

I think it goes without saying, being a 29 y/o regular student isn't quite the same as being a stud baseball player as a student.

If the money is life changing, go. If it's something like $500,000 and you still have the leverage of being a RS Junior, I'd come back without a doubt.

Do not fear, one of our astute fans will find a reason to tell us why this is bad news and that we suck. Great fan that he is!!

Here's what it does: ensures that we will be good enough to hover right around the 9-16 regional hosts, which has now become enough to erect statues of Jim Morris.

Here's what it does: ensures that we will be good enough to hover right around the 9-16 regional hosts, which has now become enough to erect statues of Jim Morris.

2nd round pick comes back thread. Another ******* tries to turn it into "our coaches" suck thread. Rinse and repeat.

2nd round pick comes back thread. Another ******* tries to turn it into "our coaches" suck thread. Rinse and repeat.

But you put me on ignore back in June. Glad to see that you proactively made sure that you can read my posts.

Advertisement
Back