Style and OL: Very Excited about THIS

Some of ya all need to stop making sense with this fancy football jargon. Board can't handle it

Advertisement
Our second half run blocking scheme was outstanding. We needed our o-line to dominate to win and they did. Couple that with tough, inside running by Crawford and that is the result. I like the zone stretch plays and even the zone counter, but that down hill power with the center-guard combo block or the pulling guard is our best scheme for sure.

Even when Duke gets back we have to use Dallas more often and mix it up --- it's going to make other teams unsettled, a little harder to get in the right set.

Lu you and I have talked about this. I was SCREAMING at the TV to run power. Single Back power has disappeared from the offense which is disappointing to me as we were $ at it last year. However the first time we ran power we actually ran it out off 22 personnel TE/Wing Unbalanced (Both TE's and WR on same side of formation) And they had no idea how to fit it up. Our first 4th quarter TD was also power out of this formation. On our last drive we stayed in 22 personnel and ran Power, Outside Zone and Counter Weak and gashed them repeatedly.

Hope we pump all of this more and work the PA off of it. Still praying we use our TEs, RBs and FB over the middle of the field a little more. I think it'd help Stephen.

We used to run a play here during the early 00s that was basically a play off of the power run game. We'd do a combo route between the FB and the TE. It was basically impossible to cover and, when Dorsey read correctly (a lot), the receiver had a ton of room to run. We'd also run Najeh on some circle patterns out of the FB position. He notoriously fumbled one away in that 2000 game.

But, ****, if you mix that stuff up with our Pistol sets, that's a fun offense with a lot of versatility.

used to be my fav play and i was in high school at the time loving it........

im not a huge fan of zoning in the red zone a whole lot or against certain teams...usually teams with a lot of speed up front. I was in hog heaven on our last few driives because ive been calling for that sh*t ALL YEAR....did u see Flowers straight maul their big time de Martin in the run game. Feliciano and Wheeler put guys on skates?. Now think of plays where we have 3 lineman 5 yards down the field stumbling and falling down with 3 dl hitting our rb in the backfield.

* Another peeve ive noticed the last few weeks dont know if its Kehoe's coaching, An individual ol mess up, or Morris calling the wrong protection...but in no wayt shape or form should Flowers(hes done it atleast 3 or 4 times the last 2 weeks) in pass pro...step down to basically help no one and let his de fly up field un block for a back to come across the formation to "TRY" and make a block. That is just fundamentally wrong and has caused a few turnovers these last few weeks as Morris sees that sh*t and just falls back and chucks. I'm going to say its Kehoe's protection because no way is Flowers that dumb....in pass pro you step down if their is a threat in your gap and leave the last man free for the back or qb....their stepping down with no threat. Hate it.

That's a full slide in a 6 man protection. If Flowers were to kickslide vertical on the DE then it would be a 3 man slide (C,G,T) opposite of him with the back filling either A or B gap next to Flowers. The left guard would determine that by the DT's alignment. Most teams slide all 5 when they anticipate field pressure or a certain personnel.

I know that its a slide pro...what I'm saying is its a f up as it hasn't been a mess up once or twice..its been numerous as fundamentally its wrong imo...as the tackle is sliding down to no threat...and his man is scott free away from slide...the back has to come across the form if there even is a back staying in.....the anouncers even mentioned this against usf and again against ga tech when morris through his pick

We use the zone with duke alot because it is his style of running. Duke makes the one cut and gets up field. Dallas is shifty, and has surprising power. He is more of a power I, gap type runner. Coley knows this. We ran zone on almost every play duke played. We tried it a few times with dallas, then moved to mostly gap blocking.

We use the zone with duke alot because it is his style of running. Duke makes the one cut and gets up field. Dallas is shifty, and has surprising power. He is more of a power I, gap type runner. Coley knows this. We ran zone on almost every play duke played. We tried it a few times with dallas, then moved to mostly gap blocking.

Duke can be an effective elite runner in any scheme IMO, he's that talented. I'd rather play to our O line's advantage, which is size.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back