Studying Georgia tech

Very mis leading stats on pass defense. Only a little over 25% of plays against them were passing. Teams do not pass against them as much because they are running the ball down their throats. One team only threw 4 passes

Thanks brother ... this great to know then." No Leftovers We should Feast ". The Acc media made it like they had a great passing defense lol. I haven't watch too many of their games because to be honest their style of play is boring. This IS A superbowl for Gtech Yellow Jackets. Hope we buzz their a*** out of the Hard rock stadium . lol

GO CANES!

Advertisement
They’re a really bad team but their offense matches up well against us. Why? They exploit what have been out 2 biggest weaknesses this year: most athletic running qb we will face and they throw it deep more than anyone in the ACC. If we don’t show up ready to play we could get embarrassed. Their defense has good DBs but they leave them on islands so with Kosi we should be able to take them deep. Their linebackers miss a lot of tackles so we should be able to run the ball even if we don’t block very well. Deejay Dallas should have a good game. The screen game also exposes them a lot this year.

TBH, there’s no reason why we shouldn’t hold GT to single digits.

Advertisement
CMU and VT games proved to me that no matter how bad our opponent is, this Canes team is capable of losing to them.

I want Deejay Dallas to have 30 touches.
That’s a lot of touches for one player. Got a lot of mouths to feed not just deejays

They should have kept Paul Johnson.

Despite having the same last name as Paul Johnson (my username is because of my last name, not Jimmy Johnson’s), I don’t think Paul Johnson was that good of a coach. He was kind of an annoyance for GT who was never bad enough to fire but never good enough to make anybody happy.

That’s a lot of touches for one player. Got a lot of mouths to feed not just deejays
It sure is, but I'm no longer concerned about feeding our players' fragile egos. I want to win games. GT is in shambles and we should be able to absolutely pound the ball down their throats and control the game. Deejay and Brevin have proven to be our best players on offense, and it's not even close. No need to get fancy this weekend, no need to be way off balance with % of passing again, put the ball in the hands of our most consistent playmaker early and often. Period.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It sure is, but I'm no longer concerned about feeding our players' fragile egos. I want to win games. GT is in shambles and we should be able to absolutely pound the ball down their throats and control the game. Deejay and Brevin have proven to be our best players on offense, and it's not even close. No need to get fancy this weekend, no need to be way off balances with % of passing again; put the ball in the hands of our most consistent playmaker early and often. Period.
So they can bog him down and then what? All deejay needs is 20 touches at the max, with 15 being carries. We need to run more but we don’t need to force it if it isn’t there either. If running more means we have to do it out of the i-formation or in tight formations then I’m not trying to watch it at all tbh. You saw how Snowden collapsed down on deejay last week, nothing good happens with those slow running plays.

So they can bog him down and then what? All deejay needs is 20 touches at the max, with 15 being carries. We need to run more but we don’t need to force it if it isn’t there either. If running more means we have to do it out of the i-formation or in tight formations then I’m not trying to watch it at all tbh. You saw how Snowden collapsed down on deejay last week, nothing good happens with those slow running plays.
I would rather Deejay get the ball 30 times tomorrow than us continue running 50%+ of plays that take our QB a full 2 seconds to even get his head turned around.

Despite having the same last name as Paul Johnson (my username is because of my last name, not Jimmy Johnson’s), I don’t think Paul Johnson was that good of a coach. He was kind of an annoyance for GT who was never bad enough to fire but never good enough to make anybody happy.
They won't do better. The academic standards are too high. They are trying to run the same schemes as teams with more talent. Talent wins out. They need to do stuff differently.

If I was GT I would spend all week re-implementing the triple option just for Miami.

Can you imagine?

Advertisement
They do nothing well and are a complete mess. Quit trying to pump these slugs up in case it’s a close game. Then you Shanny buttsniffers can come back and tell us how you told us how it was going to be tough sledding for UM.
This staph lost to 2019 VT at home. They are entirely capable of losing to 2019 GT at home.

Just waiting to see how well Perry runs the offense and how he offsets the OL play. Will be telling before we go on the road @ Pitt and @FSU

Advertisement
We will find a way to win ugly. Best case scenario. Guarantee we get out corched. Lots of penalties including a targeting call. We will give up 4 sacks too. #15 will save us with a late sack.

If any one of our kicks - PaTs or FGs - get blocked, fire Patke and walk him off the sidelines on the spot.

Advertisement
Back