Student section and band move

Advertisement
The students and band will move to the other side of the court near the visitor's bench per Barry Jackson
Interesting. I wonder who will sit in the former student section now. Maybe that becomes the new general admission section?

Interesting. I wonder who will sit in the former student section now. Maybe that becomes the new general admission section?
Yes, that's what they've always done. Make that additional GA seating, or possibly an extended media row. We have precedent in regards to how they approach this.

Interesting. Good move to have the band and whatever students show up down where the opponents shoot in the second half. GA could get pretty opposing fan heavy during big games against Duke, FSU, and Syracuse.

This must have been a last minute decision because they still seem to be selling season tickets in the old sections.

You can see Rad’s fingerprints in this, and the decision to offer men’s basketball ticketholders free season tickets to see the women.

Advertisement
This was really a brilliant move. Nights like tonight when the students filled both ends speak for themselves, but there were dramatically fewer away fans in the building across the board, even for schools like FSU, Duke, and Syracuse that used to pack the old GA section.

Btw did you hear the ACC announcers saying all night how loud the Watsco was at one point the guy couldn’t hear himself talk. He said it was every bit as loud as Cameron indoor. After the Duke game which was just totally raucous and louder that night I deemed the Wats the Cameron Indoor of the South they both are small compact facilities and the noise really has no where to go. Miami truly has a home court advantage.. 👍🙌

To walk on the campus after so many years removed and see so many fans streaming across Dixie Highway from south Miami to see a Canes team play in an on campus facility in front of a raucous, packed house put a big smile on my face. I never dreamed I’d see it. A beautiful sight To see.

One day that 7k will be 57k and for another sport….

Advertisement
One day that 7k will be 57k and for another sport….
I'm hoping for more football Nattys as well as our first in hoops.

Think about it though, how much easier is it, in terms of resources and school demographics, for UM to win in basketball as opposed to football. The on-campus arena is there (while an on-campus stadium is a pipe dream), you only need a handful of top players, etc.

I'm hoping for more football Nattys as well as our first in hoops.

Think about it though, how much easier is it, in terms of resources and school demographics, for UM to win in basketball as opposed to football. The on-campus arena is there (while an on-campus stadium is a pipe dream), you only need a handful of top players, etc.

With the current set up, it sure is.

It’s funny though, back in ‘04, we thought moving to the ACC would allow us roll in football but we were also coming off a nice Big East run. Everyone thought basketball was doomed because of the big bad ACC. Welp…. Worked the other way.

Advertisement
With the current set up, it sure is.

It’s funny though, back in ‘04, we thought moving to the ACC would allow us roll in football but we were also coming off a nice Big East run. Everyone thought basketball was doomed because of the big bad ACC. Welp…. Worked the other way.
When you have a coach who is at or near .500 against both Duke and NC it sure helps.

Advertisement
Back