STUBBLEFIELD

Advertisement
Win out and close skrong on the trail, and there will be reason to believe. But until that happens, be very cautious about crowning anyone.

Not gonna crown Stubblefield off 1 game where receivers caught the ball well and ran away from some poor DBs. Compare the route-running display in the Bama-LSU game to Miami's receivers and it's night and day. Today we saw competence from the WRs but they're a long way from polished.
Do you think they can get to some semblance of what you saw with Bama LSU? Not perfection but in the neighborhood?

Do you think they can get to some semblance of what you saw with Bama LSU? Not perfection but in the neighborhood?

The level of polish and precision that Bama has with their WRs requires aptitude and attention to detail from the position coach and players. Maybe the players are the problem, maybe they need more time or maybe Stubblefield will be ok with receivers rounding off routes consistently, not flattening routes and breaking towards the ball, not being deceptive with their route fakes, etc.

Time will tell but to be clear our WR room is very raw from a route-running standpoint and I don't view catching the ball as evidence of strong coaching. Catching a football is low hanging fruit that a non-coach like Dugans can't and won't teach.

Advertisement
The level of polish and precision that Bama has with their WRs requires aptitude and attention to detail from the position coach and players. Maybe the players are the problem, maybe they need more time or maybe Stubblefield will be ok with receivers rounding off routes consistently, not flattening routes and breaking towards the ball, not being deceptive with their route fakes, etc.

Time will tell but to be clear our WR room is very raw from a route-running standpoint and I don't view catching the ball as evidence of strong coaching. Catching a football is low hanging fruit that a non-coach like Dugans can't and won't teach.
Interesting. I would like to revisit this in year.

Did a guy like CJ do this back in the day? He got an NFL gig so I am guessing yes but Football technique is not my strong suit. He also had different cats playing receiver.

Advertisement
This clown needs to be fired, too. On a staff full of corches, I think this one might be the worst of'em all. I don't think this guy is very good at his job and I think he's not great at this evaluatin and crootin thing a WR Coach needs to do.

Advertisement
This clown needs to be fired, too. On a staff full of corches, I think this one might be the worst of'em all. I don't think this guy is very good at his job and I think he's not great at this evaluatin and crootin thing a WR Coach needs to do.
Agree he is bad but I don’t understand why nobody is talking about Patke... the special teams is bad and our linebackers have gotten worse the past 2 seasons

Advertisement
Back