Strong close

I expect a strong close no reasons other things I read on here and Golden has got to do something right? Right?

Here's what Golden's going to do in the time between now and NSD...

- Fail to offer Jalen Julius and lose Dexter Williams in the process. A competent coach would offer Julius and hang onto Williams.
- Scowl when Scarlett and Bruce flip to FSU.
- Watch Tim Irvin commit to Texas or UF at the Army All-American Bowl, using a UM hat as a sideshow prop as he announces.
- Continue to fail miserably at recruiting DL and DBs.
- Continue to fail miserably at recruiting Dade and Broward.
- Throw out a few offers to recruits from the Northeast who aren't Miami-caliber athletes, just to **** us all off some more.
- Bring in a class that continues his trend of making us more like a Big 10 team by the day. Getting bigger and slower thanks to Golden.
- Miss on virtually every single late target in the next two months.

I want to be wrong very badly, but no one should have faith at this point that anything positive will happen to this program as long as Golden's still the coach here.

Every year we have 3-4 geniuses who want to offer a recruits friend/brother so that we get that recruit. If we did that 1-2 a year, we'd end up with a bunch of guys we don't want. Aside from the fact that someone should go back and determine if any of these guys actually panned out, let alone their friends.

As opposed to Golden's 3* and lower pickups of Hunter Wells, Junior Alexis, Corey King, DeQuan Ivery, Jake O'Donnell, Gabe Terry, Nate Dorsch, Larry Hope, Danny Dillard, Vernon Davis, D'Mauri Jones, Jontavious Carter, Preston Dewey, Gray Crow, Jacoby Briscoe, Ray Lewis III, Joe Brown, Tyler Grimsley.

You left out Thurston Armbrister, Walter Tucker, Olsen Pierre, Ufomba Kamalu, Herb Waters, Rashawn Scott, Taylor Gadbois, Rayshawn Jenkins, Ladarius Gunter, Courtel Jenkins, Antonio Crawford, Nick Linder, Juwon Young, Chris Herndon, Alex Gall, Gus Edwards.

Players don't turn out regardless of ratings for various reasons. The key is replacing them with better players and upgrading the roster which this staff has done over the past 4 years. A lot of the guys that you named left because they realized that they would never play here (Alexis, Dortch, Davis, Hope, Dillard, Briscoe, Lewis, Williams, Grimble), a few others were good talent but got in trouble (Terry, Carter, Ivery, Johnson, Finnie, Paul), a couple had injuries (Dewey, Witt), a few more are still on the team and may provide depth (Wells, King, Brown, Grimsley, Jones).

Yeah I was more pointing out the guys that either left or never contributed. Proving there is plenty of room to offer a good Miami caliber kid like Julius to ensure you pick up a game changer like Williams.

I thought last years pick up of Brown and Grimsley was perfect to highlight Golden's failure as a recruiter. 4 years in and Golden still didn't understand the game of SFla recruiting. You would think it would have been cemented in his head after the MThomas/Moore debacle.

Advertisement
Here's what Golden's going to do in the time between now and NSD...

- Fail to offer Jalen Julius and lose Dexter Williams in the process. A competent coach would offer Julius and hang onto Williams.
- Scowl when Scarlett and Bruce flip to FSU.
- Watch Tim Irvin commit to Texas or UF at the Army All-American Bowl, using a UM hat as a sideshow prop as he announces.
- Continue to fail miserably at recruiting DL and DBs.
- Continue to fail miserably at recruiting Dade and Broward.
- Throw out a few offers to recruits from the Northeast who aren't Miami-caliber athletes, just to **** us all off some more.
- Bring in a class that continues his trend of making us more like a Big 10 team by the day. Getting bigger and slower thanks to Golden.
- Miss on virtually every single late target in the next two months.

I want to be wrong very badly, but no one should have faith at this point that anything positive will happen to this program as long as Golden's still the coach here.

Every year we have 3-4 geniuses who want to offer a recruits friend/brother so that we get that recruit. If we did that 1-2 a year, we'd end up with a bunch of guys we don't want. Aside from the fact that someone should go back and determine if any of these guys actually panned out, let alone their friends.

As opposed to Golden's 3* and lower pickups of Hunter Wells, Junior Alexis, Corey King, DeQuan Ivery, Jake O'Donnell, Gabe Terry, Nate Dorsch, Larry Hope, Danny Dillard, Vernon Davis, D'Mauri Jones, Jontavious Carter, Preston Dewey, Gray Crow, Jacoby Briscoe, Ray Lewis III, Joe Brown, Tyler Grimsley.

You left out Thurston Armbrister, Walter Tucker, Olsen Pierre, Ufomba Kamalu, Herb Waters, Rashawn Scott, Taylor Gadbois, Rayshawn Jenkins, Ladarius Gunter, Courtel Jenkins, Antonio Crawford, Nick Linder, Juwon Young, Chris Herndon, Alex Gall, Gus Edwards.

Players don't turn out regardless of ratings for various reasons. The key is replacing them with better players and upgrading the roster which this staff has done over the past 4 years. A lot of the guys that you named left because they realized that they would never play here (Alexis, Dortch, Davis, Hope, Dillard, Briscoe, Lewis, Williams, Grimble), a few others were good talent but got in trouble (Terry, Carter, Ivery, Johnson, Finnie, Paul), a couple had injuries (Dewey, Witt), a few more are still on the team and may provide depth (Wells, King, Brown, Grimsley, Jones).

Yeah I was more pointing out the guys that either left or never contributed. Proving there is plenty of room to offer a good Miami caliber kid like Julius to ensure you pick up a game changer like Williams.

I thought last years pick up of Brown and Grimsley was perfect to highlight Golden's failure as a recruiter. 4 years in and Golden still didn't understand the game of SFla recruiting. You would think it would have been cemented in his head after the MThomas/Moore debacle.

I agree but I do think a lot of times, like everything in life, it's based on timing and need.

Miami leaves open some spots in case a late signee wants in (Elder, Seantrel) or someone becomes available at a position of need (Heaps, Gilbert, Renfrow). They also get open spots late when players leave the team, get kicked off or when recruits flip last minute or don't choose them (Gibbons, M. Thomas, Cook) as you mentioned. Sometimes when these spots are not filled they fill it after signing day with a position of need at the time.

In the case of Brown and Grimsley, I honestly think they had several open spots and needed big bodies on the team. Miami has a ton of athletes at the skilled positions but we don't have enough walkons at the OL/DL positions for scout teams. Taking a chance on a big body guy at least gives them one more big body for the scout team. Remember they were recruiting walkons that were over 225lbs on campus when Golden got here. Hence, most of the late guys are OL/DL (Brown, Grimsley, King, Wells, Alexis). The others guys have actually been pretty solid (Tucker, Elder, Armbrister)

Last edited:
Al. Posting on here again

Think about FSU prior to Winston or Louisville without Teddy... So, stop being a dumbass fan!
I played at Miami. My dad went to Miami. A dumbass fan, that's funny.

You played at Miami, and waste your time on here? ok
I did play at Miami. Not football. I guess I do waste some time on here. I'm a fan as well. Great site.

Ok lol i thought you meant football. It is a great site but by the time its all said and done I'll probably commit suicide because of this site

Julius is definitely deserving of a spot regardless of Dex or not. You don't find guys with his speed all the time, and if you want to say its to gain leverage it not only sures up Dex but also the receiver on his team right now that is 4* in next years class (name slipped on me but he is going to be a huge recruit next class)

I agree but I do think a lot of times, like everything in life, it's based on timing and need.

Miami leaves open some spots in case a late signee wants in (Elder, Seantrel) or someone becomes available at a position of need (Heaps, Gilbert, Renfrow). They also get open spots late when players leave the team, get kicked off or when recruits flip last minute or don't choose them (Gibbons, M. Thomas, Cook) as you mentioned. Sometimes when these spots are not filled they fill it after signing day with a position of need at the time.

In the case of Brown and Grimsley, I honestly think they had several open spots and needed big bodies on the team. Miami has a ton of athletes at the skilled positions but we don't have enough walkons at the OL/DL positions for scout teams. Taking a chance on a big body guy at least gives them one more big body for the scout team. Remember they were recruiting walkons that were over 225lbs on campus when Golden got here. Hence, most of the late guys are OL/DL (Brown, Grimsley, King, Wells, Alexis). The others guys have actually been pretty solid (Tucker, Elder, Armbrister)

The fact that we have so many open scholarships is part of the problem. Its gross roster mismanagement and most of it was caused by poor recruiting. Some guys were terrible evals, others have been kicked off the team. We played at 75 scholarship players this year, including Kidd, Fentress, Lewis III, AQM. There were plenty of spots open to offer legitamite kids last year. Its unacceptable.

After 4 years we are paper thin at LB (How is that possible in SFla)
Are struggling to recruit impact CBs (How is that possible in SFla)
We still haven't found an impact DT/NT (Mostly due to the awful scheme we run + bad recruiting)

Advertisement
Good evaluator, good recruiter. Kids don't want to play in his system right now. There is some poison in Dade and Broward.

Al. Posting on here again

Think about FSU prior to Winston or Louisville without Teddy... So, stop being a dumbass fan!

FSU was 12-2 and 10-4 the two years prior to Winston. How often have we posted records like that he last few years? They won the ACC the year prior to Winston. Al has never led Miami even close to winning the ACC.

They had a 1st round pick at QB those 2 seasons too.

Here's the point: get good talent at key positions and then make it easy for them to excel, and you will go far. We fail at the latter quite frequently.

We will see this is the first full year without the cloud as mentioned in the U part 2 it hurt us beyond belief in recruiting we will see what this staff is made of this year

TrueCane, I really don't understand why you must do this.

First of all, the cloud has been over. Second of all, as of right now, we aren't closing with anybody that matters, the staff is making the same recruiting mistakes they've made before, and the recruits we do have one foot out the door. Finally, Julius is a Miami caliber athlete and warrants an offer in his own right but when he would lock up the best athlete in the class and we are grasping for commits and taking mistake projects again, it is beyond frustrating.

Not to mention I have less than stellar reasons to believe that even getting more talented players will result in any form of development or improvement whatsoever with this staff's history of misuse and poor decisions.

Advertisement
So people dont like this class? Compared to what ?... The problem is from 2002- to golden/sanctions we had absolutely terrible recruiting classes that put us in the hole we are in now ... This is goldens first signing class without the looming cloud over head like stated on the u part 2 the impact of that ncaa decision taking so long made it so hard to come back from

Bottom line whether you hate or like golden right now this program is in the best shape it has been since butch was hear thats no saying much because in between butch were two clowns, but the future is bright very bright

So people dont like this class? Compared to what ?... The problem is from 2002- to golden/sanctions we had absolutely terrible recruiting classes that put us in the hole we are in now ... This is goldens first signing class without the looming cloud over head like stated on the u part 2 the impact of that ncaa decision taking so long made it so hard to come back from

I don't know how to attack the post without attacking you. I will try my best

1. No consistency. 25%+ of the class is OL (scheduled). This comes after taking 5 OL in 2014. We need defense and a lot of it. Good thing we're recruiting so many OL.

2. Not landing enough local studs, this is a big problem.

3. Not going hard or at all after numerous Florida kids (ex: Julius, Fenton and Causey in 2015). Great kids are leaving the state because of our ALbortion (Skai Moore is a good example).

Bottom line whether you hate or like golden right now this program is in the best shape it has been since butch was hear thats no saying much because in between butch were two clowns, but the future is bright very bright

I'm really trying to play nice.

1. You're comparing 3 cancers (Coker, RS and Golden), this is terrible competition. It doesn't mean much to be the best.

2. Please explain how this program is in the best shape when Al Golden started 6-6 and just went 6-6.

Randy Shannon

Term: 4 Years
Overall Record: 28-22
Conference Record: 16-16
Final Season Record: 7-5 (5-3)
Best Season: 9-4 (5-3) [Season 3]
Best Conference Record: 5-3
Record against FSU: 2-2

Al Golden

Term: 4 Years+
Overall Record: 28-21
Conference Record: 16-16
Final Season Record: 6-6 (3-5)
Best Season: 9-4 (5-3) [Season 3]
Best Conference Record: 5-3
Record against FSU: 0-4

Al Golden has one more win over RS but never beat FSU. If Al loses the bowl game, he will have the same record.

I guess this is the best shape we've been in since Butch.

Advertisement
Ahh so I see this is the where all the mouthbreathers and rah rah shills have migrated to.

This class is an embarrassment of epic proportions. Just like this season was. What the **** does it take to get a guy fired?

This is goldens first signing class without the looming cloud over head like stated on the u part 2 the impact of that ncaa decision taking so long made it so hard to come back from

Yet it will be his worst class since he's been here. Weird how that worked out.

Advertisement
Meanwhile...

Charlie Strong closing strong in Texas! Some coaches get it and some struggle to stay relevant with recruits.

Ahh so I see this is the where all the mouthbreathers and rah rah shills have migrated to.

This class is an embarrassment of epic proportions. Just like this season was. What the **** does it take to get a guy fired?

The recruiting nerds are always the last to get it.

Advertisement
Back