Striker ?

ncncanes

Junior
Sorry if question has been asked however can someone help me understand what the heck is a striker ?

S

Advertisement
Linebacker.You have a Sam, Will, Mike and a Striker which is also referred to as a Ted. He basically just flies around when called on.
MV5BMTQ3OTM4MTI5OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU0NTA2OQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,668,1000_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
The Striker replaces one of the LB essentially making the defensive a 4-2-5 alignment. The replacing LB will be McCloud. We’re putting in a bigger safety/LB hybrid to fill the position and essentially become another DB when in coverage or a LB whenever it’s a running play making them a box safety. That’s basically as I understand the position to be, I’m sure our resident experts can expand upon what I wrote.

Advertisement
We ran a similar version in 83....I talk to former UM Nosetackle Tony Fitzpatrick frequently...He told me it was called Monster by Olividatti....

Striker is three positions rolled into one.it's lb,cb and s.power durability and speed needed to defend against the spread and option read offenses.power to take on rbs/fbs,speed to cover slot receivers in the spread and qbs in the read option.

Advertisement
The Striker replaces one of the LB essentially making the defensive a 4-2-5 alignment. The replacing LB will be McCloud. We’re putting in a bigger safety/LB hybrid to fill the position and essentially become another DB when in coverage or a LB whenever it’s a running play making them a box safety. That’s basically as I understand the position to be, I’m sure our resident experts can expand upon what I wrote.

Appreciate it

Advertisement
Back