Striker Position - Question for those at the spring game:

rok

Great Poster
Were there ever three linebackers in the game on defense - particularly when the offense was in 21 or 12 personnel?

Do you guys think the Striker will be a full-time position - or will we be toggling between a 4-3 and a 4-2-5?

Advertisement
Were there ever three linebackers in the game on defense - particularly when the offense was in 21 or 12 personnel?

Do you guys think the Striker will be a full-time position - or will we be toggling between a 4-3 and a 4-2-5?

It’s not 100%, that’s what I thought. All situational. But will be used a lot. That’s about what I’ve been able to get from it. How much that is? I don’t know. I’d just be guessing. 40% of the time?

Advertisement
I was not counting, but throughout the scrimmage (with McCloud out) they were probably in the 4-2-5 at least 70% of the time, maybe more. That being said, there also wasn't much 21 or 12 personnel used during the scrimmage. I have a feeling that 4-2-5 is going to be deployed a lot more frequently than some people think (especially with how Smith was running around out there).

I was not counting, but throughout the scrimmage (with McCloud out) they were probably in the 4-2-5 at least 70% of the time, maybe more. That being said, there also wasn't much 21 or 12 personnel used during the scrimmage. I have a feeling that 4-2-5 is going to be deployed a lot more frequently than some people think (especially with how Smith was running around out there).

But with McCloud back?

But with McCloud back?

Since when was McCloud an impact player? He is a liability if anything else. We should not be change our scheme/personnel for a defensive liability. The less McCloud and Perry plays the better. We look like a real sideline to sideline defense when Finley and Smith out there.

Advertisement
We don't play in the B1G...there's no reason to be in a 4-3 all the time. Welcome to 2018.

STR Smith / Finley / Wilder

MLB Quarterman / Jennings / Smith

WLB Pinckney / Steed/ McCloud / Perry / Joyner

I don’t know why Diaz acts like he’s inventing something with this position.

It’s just a simple 4-2-5.

Advertisement
I'm not writing off McCloud, guy was too talented in HS and had a great frosh year. But I am in favor of having more speed on the field more often. Bring in Smith to chase scat backs, TE's and slot guys.

Advertisement
Back