Striker Drills in Practice - Video

Advertisement
Interesting, guess we will see how the team uses the new Striker position to its fullest capabilities. I’d love to see us really cut down, if not eliminate, conversions on 3rd and long. We have the overall team speed now and the depth. No reason we shouldn’t be getting off the field more this season and putting the ball into the hands of our offense.

Interesting, guess we will see how the team uses the new Striker position to its fullest capabilities. I’d love to see us really cut down, if not eliminate, conversions on 3rd and long. We have the overall team speed now and the depth. No reason we shouldn’t be getting off the field more this season and putting the ball into the hands of our offense.
Agree. I love the aggressive nature of this drill. It's important for the important for the defensive skill players to practice ball skills. We may seem the striker used as a robber some if this is any indication.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember practicing this drill in Pop Warner while our HC was singing the song "tip drill" by Nelly. Good times....

***** the optimist drill, the **** kids look phenomenal! They are put together!

I know you have your gripe with Manny teaching spot drops vs pattern matching but 1 thing I have taken from practice clips is the amount of fundamentals being taught. I know it goes on everywhere but it does seem like Manny and Co. are pretty detailed and organized when it comes teaching. Never got that feeling with the last 2 regimes.

Advertisement
Can someone fill me in as to what the striker position is? I’ve seen it mentioned several times. Thanks

Can someone fill me in as to what the striker position is? I’ve seen it mentioned several times. Thanks

Pretty sure it's the 5th DB in the 4-2-5 defense that's been discussed over the past 9 months. Sounds like that player will be required to play close to the LOS but also play in space.

Advertisement
Why do they call it "striker position" drills when the DL is doing the exact same drill in the background?

Looks like a simple tip drill to me. Except Nelly the rapper isn't there.

Shawty! What my name is!!!

Pretty sure it's the 5th DB in the 4-2-5 defense that's been discussed over the past 9 months. Sounds like that player will be required to play close to the LOS but also play in space.
As more teams operate a spread offense or go 3 WR sets, it’s a personnel grouping that swaps out the 3rd LB for a Safety. Just trying to get better pass coverage and more speed and athleticism on the field

Finley, DSmith, Wilder, likely to all see time in that role

Advertisement
Back