Straight Talk about our crop of QBs for 2017?

SmokeyRone

All-ACC
Purgatory
Concerned that its not obvious who our QB of the future is. More concerned that it is not because we have more than one contender. Seems like we have a bunch of projects?

Dont care about which one is best suited for the 1980, plodding, archaic CMR offense.

I care about which one is (or can be) a real QB, who can pass, make plays, and isnt 100% immobile.

I would think we are now on the radar for some really good QB recruits? I mean, if we cant recruit a elite commit now, when will we?

Advertisement
I think that this is a valid concern that is shared by many canes fans. I don't particularly share your sentiments with regard to our QB corps consisting of a bunch of projects but I understand why you would feel that way. They seem like a bunch of projects because of the 3 legit possibilities left at the position(Testeverde will never play here) only Rosier has had any game experience and that was minimal at best. Then we have Weldon and Perry who will be freshman this fall. As far as elite QB prospects go, Perry fits that description but will most likely need a RS year.

It's very difficult for any of us to project who will rise to the top because aside from Rosiers very limited PT none of us have seen any of these guys play at this level. Richt seems dead set on running an RPO based offensive system which would obviously favor a talent like Perry whenever he is deemed ready. In the meantime it would seem that Rosier would be the logical choice to keep the seat warm for Perry. However it is Rosier's accuracy or lack thereof which puts a huge hole in that theory. That leaves us with Allison and Shirreffs but these two are more pro style pocket passers from what I can tell. Allison is said to have more mobility, speed and athleticism than he is generally given credit for but is it enough for him to fit the RPO system Richt apparently has a hard-on for? Who the **** knows? What I do know is that this spring will be very interesting to watch and the fall will be that much more exciting.

Team really could have made a run next year if Kaaya cared enough about winning. It's a shame.

I seemed a bit too harsh calling them "projects", perhaps.

Im just frustrated about the lack of a big time QB recruit. I realize the last four or five "Big Time" GBs we had fizzled through bad coaching and being over hyped, but I wish we had top rated guys coming in.

Im just frustrated about the lack of a big time QB recruit. I realize the last four or five "Big Time" GBs we had fizzled through bad coaching and being over hyped, but I wish we had top rated guys coming in.

Allison was the #6 pro-style QB last year, and Perry is the #3 dual-threat QB this year (per ESPN). Relax.

Advertisement

Allison was the #6 pro-style QB last year, and Perry is the #3 dual-threat QB this year (per ESPN). Relax.

Thank you.

We have great QB competition in the fall. This is going to be good. Yes I wanted Brad to stya, but we will be ok at QB!

Advertisement
People complain about how we missed on Lamar Jackson as a 3 star and about how we don't get enough highly rated talent.

Thank you! These people are amazing creating their own sense of reality and panic. Even when you present to them the fact that we have have recruited top rated prospects for the QB position, they refuse to accept it. It's about a 50/50 chance that a top rated Qb pans out anyway. Look at all these lower tier QB's leading teams to bowl victories. Crying wolf is so ***** like. Let the kids show what they can or can't do before you determine them useless!

Concerned that its not obvious who our QB of the future is. More concerned that it is not because we have more than one contender. Seems like we have a bunch of projects?

Dont care about which one is best suited for the 1980, plodding, archaic CMR offense.

I care about which one is (or can be) a real QB, who can pass, make plays, and isnt 100% immobile.

I would think we are now on the radar for some really good QB recruits? I mean, if we cant recruit a elite commit now, when will we?

we have at least 3 maybe 4 kids that aren't projects

rosier has experience and would be an ok starter for 1 yr if needed,
Allison can make any throw asked of him lacks mobility but is more mobile then kayaa and was a very highly rated kid coming out of hs
perry doesn't arrive till may but may be frontrunner for job according to pete ariz and cam underwood, the kid can of it all run , throw and has a Deshaun Watson vibe to him
and cade Weldon who is underrated due to injury as a jr arrives in a week and has all the tools to run richts new offense. while nto as mobile as perry and lets best honest none of the qbs on this list are he could be an immediate player for the qb role this year.

Advertisement
Why are these 'real talk / straight talk' threads always just the OP ****ting on the team / a player?

Advertisement
The preponderance of menstrual bleeding on this site is mind boggling.

We have a starter that left/graduated. Same as in over half the P5 programs in the country.

Behind him we have a bunch of prospects, with talent, out of which one or two will emerge. End of story.

But go ahead and whine and gnash your teeth like menstruating females. You people are insufferable.

:monkey-serious:

I think Richt needs to suit up and put the pads on again. He needs to prove to me that he has what it takes. No reason he couldn't be a player/coach for this team next season.

Advertisement
Back