Storm Surge Podcast: Santana Moss, Pete "Brow" Ariz, Andrew Ivins, Larry Blustien, Kev and Ricky

LoL....nothing "factual" about some silly stars next to kids name equating to we "had to" have them.

Things become factual w/their draft slotting compared to kids here.
I can See if it affected Miami performance but seeing we ended up with the #1 pass defense without any “elite” rated dbs says a lot imo. Plus while I love Tyson Campbell atheltic ability and as a prospect let’s not act like he was a shutdown corner last year for uga despite his athletic gifts. He was routinely beat in nearly every game

Last edited:
Advertisement
meh, the DB recruiting hasn't been at the level it needs to be period. especially when every year there is 1 or 2 five star CBs in the tri county area and we haven't landed one. hopefully this leads to more ELITE success. he's been good, not great. we need to be great.
Yet we are loaded with as much talent we have had in the secondary in over 10 years and it isn’t close. Even through the golden years they had multiple nfl guys at db but in terms of talent the guys we have now are on another level imo

It hasn’t been trash just not as good as bama or the bags uga giving out
Hold up there.... we’ve had one decent season in over a decade, and even that ended with a 3 game losing streak. We have a losing record vs P5 teams since playing Pitt in 2017. We’ve had 3 four game losing streaks over the last 3 seasons. Did you watch last season at all?

To an elite recruit being offered by current top 10 programs like Bama.... Miami has been trash. Hard to disagree.

Hold up there.... we’ve had one decent season in over a decade, and even that ended with a 3 game losing streak. We have a losing record vs P5 teams since playing Pitt in 2017. We’ve had 3 four game losing streaks over the last 3 seasons. Did you watch last season at all?

To an elite recruit being offered by current top 10 programs like Bama.... Miami has been trash. Hard to disagree.
I’m talking about more importantly the first 2 years considering when they made their decision(Campbell and surtain). So you including 2018 season is irrelevant since they were in college at the time. We had the 2016 bowl win over a top 15 team( we haven’t done that in over 10 years) 9 win season and then in 2017 (10 straight wins and got up #2 overall to the last game of the regular season). Of course it didn’t end well but it was still better than what Miami had been in recent years and showed a glimpse of what Miami could be briefly for much of fall 2017. So no it hasn’t been trash but obviously not as good as bama for sure and Uga(they are overrated to me honesty) they have 11 losses the last 3 years and Miami has 13 and that’s with Miami having a sh*tty unexpected season in 2018

In addition to that everyone is “trash” compared to bama recent success actually

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m talking about more importantly the first 2 years considering when they made their decision(Campbell and surtain). So you including 2018 season is irrelevant since they were in college at the time. We had the 2016 bowl win over a top 15 team( we haven’t done that in over 10 years) 9 win season and then in 2017 (10 straight wins and got up #2 overall to the last game of the regular season). Of course it didn’t end well but it was still better than what Miami had been in recent years and showed a glimpse of what Miami could be briefly for much of fall 2017. So no it hasn’t been trash but obviously not as good as bama for sure and Uga(they are overrated to me honesty) they have 11 losses the last 3 years and Miami has 13 and that’s with Miami having a sh*tty unexpected season in 2018

In addition to that everyone is “trash” compared to bama recent success actually
If you’re just looking a 2 season snapshot, then yea you could argue that Miami has competed. The problem is that 2017 doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and the season ended up in the toilet bowl anyway. So... I’m not so sure that a recruit signing after the 2017 season would’ve been convinced that Miami had turned any corners.

Also.. yea nobody measures up to Bama the last decade, but we’ve been losing to uva and unc.

Are we in court? Subject to the rules of evidence?

If not the term doesn't matter.

I get tired of people abusing terms.

Listen Andrew, nobody cited to the rules of evidence. It may shock you that "hearsay" has a definition and application separate from rules concerning its admissibility in court. The word is older than the first rules concerning it.

Regardless, there is good reason we, as a society, do not generally (with exceptions) allow hearsay evidence in court. The information is less trustworthy because it's not coming from the source. This premise, it may surprise you, is applicable in other, non-courtroom settings.

What tires me is people taking information at face value without considering its accuracy.

Advertisement
What a **** boy you are

Who hurt you? Show me where they touched you on this doll:

download.jpeg.jpg

Advertisement
God, we have a lot of pussies in out fan base.

"Oh the Sec is coming, I'm scared".

**** outta here
I guess you missed them kicking the **** out of us both on the field and the recruiting trail last year ****bag. Get a ******* clue. If they want to drop their bags, guys aren't coming here. Pull up google and find out how our last 15 seasons have gone

Im 100 percent certain Peter Ariz has done more to help Miami Hurricanes football than pretty much anyone on this message board definitely than the idiot fans who STILL believe Kendrick and RJ left because of him. First of all RJ is signed to Drew so pretty much has zero to do with Pete or FRM second of all Kendrick didnt enjoy being a student and wanted to pursue the NFL. If you really believe Kendrick decided to listen to a brand new agent about leaving and didnt have any other people in his ear then idk what to tell you.

Not gonna lie, didn't know Santana was that polished, he must be doing some broadcasting at some level I'm sure.

Advertisement
Im 100 percent certain Peter Ariz has done more to help Miami Hurricanes football than pretty much anyone on this message board definitely than the idiot fans who STILL believe Kendrick and RJ left because of him. First of all RJ is signed to Drew so pretty much has zero to do with Pete or FRM second of all Kendrick didnt enjoy being a student and wanted to pursue the NFL. If you really believe Kendrick decided to listen to a brand new agent about leaving and didnt have any other people in his ear then idk what to tell you.
Did I say he played a hand in those two leaving? No...so don’t come at me with all that ****. I hate Pete because he’s a ****y, arrogant, immature piece of **** who loved to run his mouth here and he probably still does. Idk how old he is but he acts/acted like a frickin 15 year old.

If you’re just looking a 2 season snapshot, then yea you could argue that Miami has competed. The problem is that 2017 doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and the season ended up in the toilet bowl anyway. So... I’m not so sure that a recruit signing after the 2017 season would’ve been convinced that Miami had turned any corners.

Also.. yea nobody measures up to Bama the last decade, but we’ve been losing to uva and unc.
I think it should’ve been clear to anyone that knows football that all this team really needed was good to great QB play and we’re right there

I think it should’ve been clear to anyone that knows football that all this team really needed was good to great QB play and we’re right there
That coupled with a competent coaching staff would’ve gone a long way. The QB play itself would’ve helped but to a point.

If you’re talking in terms of a recruit looking at a team to join, then no. I don’t think that he’d have looked at Miami the last few years as a team just a QB away from “right there”.

Last edited:
That coupled with a competent coaching staff would’ve gone a long way. The QB play itself would’ve helped but to a point.

If you’re talking in terms of a recruit looking at a team to join, then no. I don’t think that he’d have looked at Miami the last few years as a team just a QB away from “right there”.
Maybe not last year but definitely 2017. These recruits go to games they see how trash Rosier was . I can’t remember which recruit it was but I know one had said something on Twitter to the effect of “**** UM needs a QB bad”

**** even last year if we have Trevor Lawrence we go undefeated in the regular season imo

Advertisement
Back