Storm 18 OL class

MExtraMon9y

HarlemCane
With signing day less then 2 days away I was wondering if anyone had any insight in regards to us recruiting another Lineman (LT preferred) to close out the class? It seems like we're no longer in play with our previous targets (William Barnes, Jalen Gross, Nicholas Pierre and etc). This staff is too aggressive so I don't see them just giving up recruiting the position, so I hope they're making moves in silence and snag a baller in the 12th hour.

With that being said I'm hyped about the 3 we already signed. Campbell was the lowest rated of the signees and he's already making noise so I'm hyped to see the other 2 develop too.

But nothing wrong with stacking them chips!

Advertisement
I don't imagine it's a priority at this stage and it's real late to get a guy nobody's heard about, but I guess stranger things have happened.

With signing day less then 2 days away I was wondering if anyone had any insight in regards to us recruiting another Lineman (LT preferred) to close out the class? It seems like we're no longer in play with our previous targets (William Barnes, Jalen Gross, Nicholas Pierre and etc). This staff is too aggressive so I don't see them just giving up recruiting the position, so I hope they're making moves in silence and snag a baller in the 12th hour.

With that being said I'm hyped about the 3 we already signed. Campbell was the lowest rated of the signees and he's already making noise so I'm hyped to see the other 2 develop too.

But nothing wrong with stacking them chips!

No, they are most likely done...If they have a spot in the offseason and something is available, sure there's an outside chance, but even on the grad transfer market it would be prob be other positions with more priority.

They were targeting 2 more but when Boulware committed it eliminated the Barnes/Montilus package and Goss committed to FSU. No sleeper like DT Miller popped up so they prob save the scholarship.

Advertisement
They were targeting 2 more but when Boulware committed it eliminated the Barnes/Montilus package and Goss committed to FSU. No sleeper like DT Miller popped up so they prob save the scholarship.

This^ . Not to be one of those "next years class is loaded guys" but guys like Donte Lucas, and Evan Neal are on another level physically than anything we had a chance with towards the end of the 18 cycle.

I think Goss was the last target but with Boulware coming in, we slacked on OL recruiting. 2019 will be a big year for that position.

This^ . Not to be one of those "next years class is loaded guys" but guys like Donte Lucas, and Evan Neal are on another level physically than anything we had a chance with towards the end of the 18 cycle.

Yeah both great points.

Boulware, Lucas, and Neal are all better suited to play inside and so are reed/Scaife/Donaldson/gaynor so we have great depth there. But we need more bodies out on the tackles. Hillary/Campbell gotta reach their ceilings fast if we want the line to play at a high level

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back