STOP IT with We are more talented, should beat X,Y & Z

Stars matter. So do smart,accomplished coaches who know how to develop talent. Unfortunately we haven’t hD any coaches like that since Davis left, and we won’t be getting the. Anytime soon.

Advertisement
We are not more talented than the rest of teams we are beating. WE have a talent problem with the classes CMR evaluated and recruited.

Our OL unit is Way below ACC average and should the #1 priority to fix and recruit
Our WR unit s below ACC average
Our LB unit is below ACC average
Our DL is Slightly above average .. at least not better them Clemson, Pitt
Our CB unit has no depth

THIS IS IT HERE: Class of 20 is legit and we need to keep 21 and match it in 22... we are two classes away from having talent

Rhett, Justice and Likens are proven, great coaches but they don’t have the horses here, we are big time under-talented as a whole.

Manny, Baker... jury is still out.

Manny off-season is great.. Manny in-season needs to improve
No, it is fact, so I’m not going to stop it. We have more talent than MOST squads we face outside of Clemson.
Coaching wise? We cheap out...so the players that can motivate themselves to be great and toss aside any primadonna bull**** excel, but they are few and far between.

The others have talent, but need great coaching to push them to their ceiling. We don’t have those coaches and haven’t for quite some time.

Facts, we are the 2nd most talented team in the conference. What we lack and have lacked is development and culture.

Scaife and Reed were both all-Americans in high school. Donaldson as well. Where are they now?
We acquire the “talent.”

Even IF some of them are bad evaluations, we still have a pretty large gap in raw talent. This defensive staff doesn’t develop anyone. Jury still out on the O staff.
No, that's now UNC. Scary thing is they have a young team.

All the talent in the world won’t matter, if the coaching is below average. Our coaches are below average, collectively.

Advertisement
Agree that we need a talent upgrade at most positions but for some time now I see very little development or improvement in the players we do have. I’m not sure why is it the players we recruit just aren’t motivated is it the coaches or a combination of the two. This has gone on through different coaching staffs . I see a young player come in and see flashes and think in a year or two he’s going to be something only to see that same player as a junior or senior not becoming the player I thought he would be.
I love the U and want every 4 and 5 star kid to come here but, if I was making that decision for my future I’d have doubts about the coaching and the environment surrounding this program.

Stars matter. So do smart,accomplished coaches who know how to develop talent. Unfortunately we haven’t hD any coaches like that since Davis left, and we won’t be getting the. Anytime soon.
Stars only matter in recruiting supposed potential. If that potential never gets brought out or developed with good coaching then a 3 star has more talent with good coaching than a 5 star with pathetic coaching after a few years.

Advertisement
Back