STOP IT with We are more talented, should beat X,Y & Z

YUMU

Recruit
We are not more talented than the rest of teams we are beating. WE have a talent problem with the classes CMR evaluated and recruited.

Our OL unit is Way below ACC average and should the #1 priority to fix and recruit
Our WR unit s below ACC average
Our LB unit is below ACC average
Our DL is Slightly above average .. at least not better them Clemson, Pitt
Our CB unit has no depth

THIS IS IT HERE: Class of 20 is legit and we need to keep 21 and match it in 22... we are two classes away from having talent

Rhett, Justice and Likens are proven, great coaches but they don’t have the horses here, we are big time under-talented as a whole.

Manny, Baker... jury is still out.

Manny off-season is great.. Manny in-season needs to improve

Advertisement
Advertisement
WRs are more talented than many in ACC. They are not fast enough to create any separation and are not being challenged by our crappy DBs in practice which is not allowing them to grow to go against even average talent. LBs are SLOW. I know it’s been beaten to death but McCloud is so slow. And OL is terrible. The current OL scheme on run is let the DL pick a direction and push them in that direction (momentum blacking), which is supposed to open a hole (problem is the LB is filling that hole being created and we are getting manhandled since we cannot blow anyone off the line). This is typically the same blocking scheme on a draw but the center needs to get in front of the MLB to make it work. But I agree with the spirit of OP. We need to build in talent to get better. My hope is that we also start building a culture of don’t lose to UVAs of the world and once we have enough talent, we can try to take out the teams that we aren’t supposed to.

We are not more talented than the rest of teams we are beating. WE have a talent problem with the classes CMR evaluated and recruited.

Our OL unit is Way below ACC average and should the #1 priority to fix and recruit
Our CB unit has no depth

THIS IS IT HERE: Class of 20 is legit and we need to keep 21 and match it in 22... we are two classes away from having talent

Rhett, Justice and Likens are proven, great coaches but they don’t have the horses here, we are big time under-talented as a whole.

Yet when we play Clemson that's all I hear. F outa here with that bull

Advertisement
We're every team's Super Bowl.

I know we've sucked for the most part since 2005 but everyone outside of us still views the Miami Hurricanes as a big deal. Beating us is a HUGE accomplishment for these middle of the road teams, they're gonna always play us hard & throw everything they've got at us so they can get that pelt on their wall. Keep in mind a lot of these ACC teams also have a good number of South Florida kids on their teams that feel "spurned" because they didn't get that UM offer & play this game like it's their last.

UVA always plays us hard, has given us some tough & embarrassing losses and even helped get Randy Shannon fired. I was irked by our lack of offensive execution last night but I was just grateful to get the W.

Yea but still very similar teams IMO that team also caused a lot of turnovers which is why is started 10-0

Agree. We need to create more Turnovers.. the scheme is not helping.

2017 team was lucky as ****.. see FSU, GT.. almost lost to Cuse.

Hope this team has in them a 2017 team ND, VT performance like in the 2nd half

Our CB unit has no depth

Fiiiiiiiinnnnaaaaallllyyyy someone who gets it. I don't know who pumped up these fans heads thinking any of our games should be a cake walk. Smh.

Advertisement
Are you trying to say you don't expect us to win the rest of the schedule? That sure flies in the face of what I've been reading on this board.

Our CB unit has no depth

I totally agree. All of the homers on this board we have the same talent as Clemson, LOL. What a bunch of clowns. It is quite evident that OL, WR, LB is way below even the ACC talent. We have a long way to go but Manolo's first full recruting class, this coming year, is a major upgrade in talent. How long did it take Clemson to get to the point they are in now. It certainly was not one year, but instead a 3 and 4 year of slowly upgrading their talent pool.

Our CB unit has no depth

We have more talent on our roster than any team we will play against. Unfortunately talent isn’t everything. If you go by talent alone, FSU should be beating everyone save Clemson. Problem is, we are not leveraging our talent. It’s players like Harley who admitted the WR’s were not taking things seriously prior to this week. It’s the coaches sticking with players who are obviously not the most talented at their position over more talented kids. It’s the coaches themselves whom schemes don’t match the personnel. King is a dynamic athlete who appears lost at times because he is being forced to be something he isn’t, a pocket QB. All in all, you can’t tell me that UNC who was picked to be last in the Coastal last year and VT whose coach kicked off 1000 players the past to years have more talent on there active roster then we do.

Advertisement
We have more talent on our roster than any team we will play against. Unfortunately talent isn’t everything. If you go by talent alone, FSU should be beating everyone save Clemson. Problem is, we are not leveraging our talent. It’s players like Harley who admitted the WR’s were not taking things seriously prior to this week. It’s the coaches sticking with players who are obviously not the most talented at their position over more talented kids. It’s the coaches themselves whom schemes don’t match the personnel. King is a dynamic athlete who appears lost at times because he is being forced to be something he isn’t, a pocket QB. All in all, you can’t tell me that UNC who was picked to be last in the Coastal last year and VT whose coach kicked off 1000 players the past to years have more talent on there active roster then we do.
Facts, we are the 2nd most talented team in the conference. What we lack and have lacked is development and culture.

Scaife and Reed were both all-Americans in high school. Donaldson as well. Where are they now?
We acquire the “talent.”

Even IF some of them are bad evaluations, we still have a pretty large gap in raw talent. This defensive staff doesn’t develop anyone. Jury still out on the O staff.

Facts, we are the 2nd most talented team in the conference. What we lack and have lacked is development and culture.

Scaife and Reed were both all-Americans in high school. Donaldson as well. Where are they now?
We acquire the “talent.”

Even IF some of them are bad evaluations, we still have a pretty large gap in raw talent. This defensive staff doesn’t develop anyone. Jury still out on the O staff.
I would say FSU has more pure talent than we do but they are a mess.

Advertisement
Back