Stop ******* around. We all know Lane is the guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario has something good going on in Oregon, with lower expectations there, and Nike money. He might have more of a chance to realistically get to the playoffs there than the ACC. They're the dominant team now. I've heard his wife hates it there though, at least from some of the posts here, so who knows. Miami, with the right coach, has everything needed to win.

How is that possible when there isn't even a new AD? What if lets say Tom Jurich gets hired and thinks Lane Kiffin or Aranda or someone else is the better option? The Mario faction is gonna tell an established a AD what to do? Whats the point in hiring him then?
Because it’s not just about the new AD. It’s about the people in the program that are going to be hiring that new AD. MC is universally respected among the former players and people that are going to be making this hire. The new AD will make the hire, but there’s going to be lots of pressure to hire Mario. Also, if Mario wants to come here it’s going to be very hard for an AD to turn down a conference championship, rose bowl winning, Top Ten, national recruiter of the year coach.

Full disclosure, I am on the Mario train. Oregon was a wreck and he turned it around. Lane’s done great at Ole Miss, but his track record is mixed. Even so, I think he’d do well here. However, Mario would be my preferred candidate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because it’s not just about the new AD. It’s about the people in the program that are going to be hiring that new AD. MC is universally respected among the former players and people that are going to be making this hire. The new AD will make the hire, but there’s going to be lots of pressure to hire Mario. Also, if Mario wants to come here it’s going to be very hard for an AD to turn down a conference championship, rose bowl winning, Top Ten, national recruiter of the year coach.

Full disclosure, I am on the Mario train. Oregon was a wreck and he turned it around. Lane’s done great at Ole Miss, but his track record is mixed. Even so, I think he’d do well here. However, Mario would be my preferred candidate.
Then no real AD is gonna take this job and UM is continuing the bleep show. Hire someone competent and established and give them free run to do the job they were hired to. Get out of the way. The people at Miami have proven they don't know what they're doing or have been too ***** to assert themselves in a real way. Get someone who knows what they're doing and let them work.

Mario Cristobal on Twitter: "BLESSED! #GoDucks… "

Advertisement
Back