Stock Report: The Opening Finals 2019

View as article
Chantz looks plenty strong to me for an edge rusher. I think it’s a technique thing with him. You aren’t going to overpower 300+ tackles unless you can get them off balance, convert speed to power and control their wrist and elbows.

I see Chantz as significantly stronger and more physical than Bogle and Donnell Harris.

First thing I noticed when I watched the clips of his losing reps was that O-linemenn were getting hands on him before he even tried to make a move. He had no chance once they did.

Advertisement
Interesting to read about Chantz. Curious to see some of what you saw and hear how much of it has to do with getting his weight up. His athletic numbers are there and he uses his hands ok on film for a young player. Surprised to read your review.
I filmed most of his reps but didn’t post a lot of them because I didn’t think that’d be fair to him. I’m sure some of them are out there still. He did use his hands well against Dumervil but he got beat on the majority of his reps like I said and was using way too many power moves instead of using his speed advantage. It’s definitely a technique issue because talent is there

On behalf of the entire board, a big salute to you @Stefan Adams

Man, what u bring to this board, and ur tireless work ethic, even during holiday weeks, bro....not being facetious, but the site took a nice up swing w u replacing the other guy. Hecka professional & informative and much appreciated.
Appreciate it my man

Advertisement
I filmed most of his reps but didn’t post a lot of them because I didn’t think that’d be fair to him. I’m sure some of them are out there still. He did use his hands well against Dumervil but he got beat on the majority of his reps like I said and was using way too many power moves instead of using his speed advantage. It’s definitely a technique issue because talent is there
Gonna watch him live at least a couple times this upcoming year. I've got high hopes for him.

He’s not a finished product, hopefully Miami gets the chance to teach him technique the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:
This, and I commented on this. He’s naturally gifted as a rusher, but he needs his techniques refined at the next level. I didn’t like his use of hands. When he used his speed, he looked much better, but when he tried to bull rush, it wasn’t quite a bull rush. It was a tweener move, which lets me know he was indecisive on how he was going to engage, and once he gave the opposing OL that 1/2 sec moment, it was curtains for his rep.

With college coaching, understanding angles, and having more of a decisive, definitive repertoire of moves, he’ll be a headache for opposing OL & QBs, imo. But, I do feel he will also take a hit in his rankings, maintaining a 4 star, but dropping out of the top 100.....barely.
You could see the one video he used power against dumervil and it worked. Iron sharpens iron. Hopefully him and JR can get some good practice reps in.
Lesson learned and he's a senior lots of upside

Interesting to read about Chantz. Curious to see some of what you saw and hear how much of it has to do with getting his weight up. His athletic numbers are there and he uses his hands ok on film for a young player. Surprised to read your review.
I am skeptical of him as a prospect, personally. Expect he comes here and will root for his success if he does, but I just dont see it on film.

Advertisement
Agree. Staff is making a mistake taking Worsham instead of Cooper. The interest is there on his part.

Who says it’s our choice. Cooper could very well be favoring someone else so we went with a guy we wanted and knew we could get.

Advertisement
Back