8:30 AMUSDU6 Underemployment Rate(Apr)7.4% --7.3%
8:30 AMUSDUnemployment Rate(Apr)3.9% 0.743.8%3.8%
9:45 AMUSDS&P Global Composite PMI(Apr)51.30.4750.950.9
9:45 AMUSDS&P Global Services PMI(Apr)51.30.3850.950.9
10:00 AMUSDISM Services Employment Index(Apr)45.9--48.5
10:00 AMUSDISM Services New Orders Index(Apr)52.2--54.4
10:00 AMUSDISM Services PMI(Apr)49.4-2.085251.4
10:00 AMUSDISM Services Prices Paid(Apr)59.2--53.4
On ISM numbers, anything over 50 shows growth. The Institute for Supply Management (ISM)Services Purchasing Managers Index (PMI), released on a monthly basis, is a leading indicator gauging business activity in the US services sector..
Payroll numbers are down. This slowdown could move up rate cuts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
thus, you miss out on the real upside of companies and are just investing in assets that have already peaked. You would never have invested in 2000 Amazon or Facebook in 2008 or Tesla in the early days…

There is a company every year that will go from
Small cap to large. There are thousands of start ups that are “losing money” that are actually very much viable companies. They just have invested profits into R&D and Sales to grow faster.

It isn’t a crap shoot if you have knowledge in the company, market, and product.

If spaceX was available to purchase, would you buy? It likely isn’t profitable because it is building billions in infrastructure and space ships. Yet, anyone that knows the industry knows they could stop building and throw off tens of billions from Starlink.
Yes, some viable companies become big companies, but it risky. I didn’t buy AAPL when it first came out, but owning it for years has still been profitable.
BTW Google owns 11% of Spacex and I would buy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is there a SPAC that has made money? wall st. ****ed at them?
Depends what’s your definition of made money. You mean become profitable or at a higher price than when it announced merger? Draftkings was a SPAC. They are typically a riskier alternative route to the ipo.

Palantir I don’t believe was a spac. It was an ipo if I remember correctly.

Burger King was a SPAC too

Last edited:
Depends what’s your definition of made money. You mean become profitable or at a higher price than when it announced merger? Draftkings was a SPAC. They are typically a riskier alternative route to the ipo.

Palantir I don’t believe was a spac. It was an ipo if I remember correctly.

Burger King was a SPAC too

I didn't know Draft Kings....

Advertisement
94 yr old Warren Buffett to his shareholders:

“We’ll see how the next management plays the game out at Berkshire, [but] fortunately you don’t have too long to wait on that,” Buffett said. “I feel fine, but I know a little about actuarial tables.”

If tic tok is banned YouTube will facebook will
pickup the slack. Facebook YouTube is owned by Google…
Just saying

Last edited:
Advertisement
Soft economic landing achieved, says one of the most influential voices in the markets.

“I think we’ve had a soft landing,” Apollo Global Management (APO) CEO Marc Rowan told Yahoo Finance at the Milken Institute Global Conference on Monday. “Will it continue? I think so.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back