Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
I mean Jura’s machine can make so many drinks at the touch of a button. What’s stopping Starbucks from doing them at a kiosk? lol

A little lesson for us all. It’s taking billions to grow AI, and some big companies are showing that expense after popping on the initial forecasts. This is why a company like Apple might make hay even with slowing iPhone sales and why I don’t usually buy startup companies.
Appl stealing Google AI employees…money no object. Tim Cook s always late to the game, but I guess he can afford to sit back and watch and wait.
Also China’s economy is collapsing and they will devalue their currency.

Advertisement
A little lesson for us all. It’s taking billions to grow AI, and some big companies are showing that expense after popping on the initial forecasts. This is why a company like Apple might make hay even with slowing iPhone sales and why I don’t usually buy startup companies.
Appl stealing Google AI employees…money no object. Tim Cook s always late to the game, but I guess he can afford to sit back and watch and wait.
Also China’s economy is collapsing and they will devalue their currency.

First, investing in big tech is similar to investing in big tech in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. At some point, the big tech will be broken up much like IBM, GE, Bell, and others. Thus, it is more important to know when to exit as it will keep growing until the government steps in. I do believe we are heading into a recession so asset prices will drop across the economy including big tech as investors seek safe territory.

Second, Apple will suffer due to China's economy slowing. I wouldn't say China's economy is going to collapse. I see it more as a slow death with ups and downs along the way and the death is not due to geopolitical reasons but demographics. There is a chance China could speed up or slow down the death.

Start-up, do you mean small-cap tech companies?

APPL beats EPS and Revenue
Raises dividend
$110 buyback..largest ever by a company
Grew iPhone sales in China [suprise]
AI “big opportunity”
“Will fight DOJl lawsuit “

First, investing in big tech is similar to investing in big tech in the 70s, 80s, and 90s. At some point, the big tech will be broken up much like IBM, GE, Bell, and others. Thus, it is more important to know when to exit as it will keep growing until the government steps in. I do believe we are heading into a recession so asset prices will drop across the economy including big tech as investors seek safe territory.

Second, Apple will suffer due to China's economy slowing. I wouldn't say China's economy is going to collapse. I see it more as a slow death with ups and downs along the way and the death is not due to geopolitical reasons but demographics. There is a chance China could speed up or slow down the death.

APPL is transitioning out of China..end of story
I don’t believe anything that comes out of their mouths.
Will big tech eventually have a period of decline? See Newton’s theory of gravity.
My point was that investing in tech companies that are cash strapped or losing money is a crap shoot.

CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced it will host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) online from June 10 through 14, 2024. Developers and students will have the opportunity to celebrate in person at a special event at Apple Park on opening day.

This should cause a pop. We will see if they are going to put their money where their mouth is.
Democratic Debate GIF by GIPHY News

Advertisement

A recession would lead to significant rate cuts. I’m not holding my breath on either one happening within the next year.

My point was that investing in tech companies that are cash strapped or losing money is a crap shoot.

thus, you miss out on the real upside of companies and are just investing in assets that have already peaked. You would never have invested in 2000 Amazon or Facebook in 2008 or Tesla in the early days…

There is a company every year that will go from
Small cap to large. There are thousands of start ups that are “losing money” that are actually very much viable companies. They just have invested profits into R&D and Sales to grow faster.

It isn’t a crap shoot if you have knowledge in the company, market, and product.

If spaceX was available to purchase, would you buy? It likely isn’t profitable because it is building billions in infrastructure and space ships. Yet, anyone that knows the industry knows they could stop building and throw off tens of billions from Starlink.

Advertisement
USDNonfarm Payrolls(Apr) 175K
3 bear scenario. Not to big, not too small

Attachments

• IMG_6713.jpeg
    IMG_6713.jpeg
    259.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6714.jpeg
    IMG_6714.jpeg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Advertisement
CUPERTINO, CALIFORNIA Apple today announced it will host its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) online from June 10 through 14, 2024. Developers and students will have the opportunity to celebrate in person at a special event at Apple Park on opening day.

This should cause a pop. We will see if they are going to put their money where their mouth is.
Democratic Debate GIF by GIPHY News
She means, "other people's money."

This auditor has worked for hundreds of other companies, but guess which company gets the headline. They’ve done over 1500 filings.
And, when I do a google search, all the left wing sites pop up with no conservative rebuttal to be found.

Advertisement
Back