Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

There's a point where government supports like you mention cross a line and turn into the government suppressing the open market. Not that we're not headed there with EPA regulations, but not just there yet.
Biden does hate Musk... Tesla was not invited to the EV meeting with the white house a few years ago. GM and Ford were...

Advertisement
In 15-20 years, I believe we will be done buying cars multiple cars that just sit in our driveways. My family has 4 cars currently and I'd have that down to 1 IF I knew I could Uber and have a car to my house when I wanted that would take me to where I wanted at under $.25/mile. The only reason to buy multiple would either be as investments or showing off.

Just think about the lost GDP currently with the number of cars that SIT for 23-24hrs a day compared to those same cars being available for everyone.

Why mention all of this? China will not have access to the data needed to pull off AI driverless cars in the majority of the developed world.
How good is that calculation of .25??

I'll get one of these shirts printed up and you can drive by and see if Tesla's smarter than Waymo.

Thats kindda my issue with FSD, it doesnt always work so you have to pay close attention, its jerky (so if there is someone running across the street a block ahead it will slow even though you know they will be on the sidewalk soon), and it still has glitches (in my case it would sometimes stop at a green light for no reason).

I do love the adaptive cruise though, that is very good.

Anyone else checking the reverse repo? Down to 400b which means it should be $0 by June/July. Yet another reason to expect FED action.

I just dont see the Fed doing anything before the election unless its an emergency, and for now they are trying to drain liquidity from the system.

Thats kindda my issue with FSD, it doesnt always work so you have to pay close attention, its jerky (so if there is someone running across the street a block ahead it will slow even though you know they will be on the sidewalk soon), and it still has glitches (in my case it would sometimes stop at a green light for no reason).

I do love the adaptive cruise though, that is very good.
Our Sienna has adaptive cruise. It's okay, but one time I accelerated past a car going slow in the fast lane and was trying to cut him off before I got to the semi ahead and when I went to change lanes, I took my foot off the gas for a second and the **** thing tried to slam on the brakes. I ended up looking like I was brake checking the guy and my wife was having an aneurysm yelling at me for braking.

Needless to say, I hit the cancel button before doing that now.

Advertisement
Our Sienna has adaptive cruise. It's okay, but one time I accelerated past a car going slow in the fast lane and was trying to cut him off before I got to the semi ahead and when I went to change lanes, I took my foot off the gas for a second and the **** thing tried to slam on the brakes. I ended up looking like I was brake checking the guy and my wife was having an aneurysm yelling at me for braking.

The Tesla's is very good.

I just dont see the Fed doing anything before the election unless its an emergency, and for now they are trying to drain liquidity from the system.

Repo goes to $0, the US Treasury has to go to the public for T-Bills thus costing them more and driving up the short-term rates. This I have to believe drives up the cost of M2 for companies, and consumers... no? This could cause banks to fail due to a lack of liquidity via the reverse repo. No? Throw in more QT.

Liquidity draining: 2T in Repo and 1.3T from the FED balance sheet. All in the last 12 months, OUCH!

Any ideas on the % of total portfolio you would throw at TESLA? Need to figure if I'm over weighted or not...

This goes right back to the city/country divide. Uber is well and good for the city and dense suburbs, but not so much for people who live further out of town.
I’m still waiting on a l

Repping wife yelling at your driving.

Advertisement
Any ideas on the % of total portfolio you would throw at TESLA? Need to figure if I'm over weighted or not...
With the drop that I’ve had, Im currently at about 8%. Might grab more on further drops, but have been buying DJT hard.
I’d be comfortable with 10-12%

ARKK carries about 9%, but is diluted by a lot of non profitable growth stocks. I prefer to have it diluted by blue chips lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Was more about forward guidance of having the model 2 available by early 2025. My take: when has Tesla ever beat a deadline for mass production?

I could see this jump fading due to current economic conditions.

Advertisement
Tesla followers: I know that FSD is the future, but how does Tesla make this profitable near term - the next 1- 3 years? My thinking is dedicated lanes, or loops within a city. The backside of the Vegas strip? Only within a designated section of an urban core? Routes between cities where its too far to drive for most people and the logistics of an airport can take as long or longer then FSD?

They have already said they would be reducing QT in May. I’d have to assume that would be $40b of treasuries that roll over vs shedding. Assume the keep shedding MBS. This would be step one for handling the repo draining. This would introduce a big treasuries buyer which should drop rates some even without a 25bps cut. At the burn rate of our government, I’m not sure that is enough to keep from an emergency. We will find out soon enough

Tesla followers: I know that FSD is the future, but how does Tesla make this profitable near term - the next 1- 3 years? My thinking is dedicated lanes, or loops within a city. The backside of the Vegas strip? Only within a designated section of an urban core? Routes between cities where its too far to drive for most people and the logistics of an airport can take as long or longer then FSD?

Tesla profits will depend on production of vehicles, government credits for EV buying, solar credits, more mass production models (4 currently). If they add the model 2, cyber, and semi all in 1-3 years, profits should be fine. Fsd will be much longer than 1-3 years. My projection would be 10-15 years for the real “replace human” implementation.

EVs and Solar have some massive head windows on the mining/minerals front. Until we can have sodium ion or graphene solutions that are much easier to mine/produce, we are looking at a tough path forward for the retirement of ICE.

Advertisement
Back