Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Jamie Dimon is chiming in too, so I know it’s political. He hasn’t been right since Trump left office. I will say that the current administration can do more to lower gas and oil prices although it’s not as easy as it seems with the Mideast in turmoil.

Mon ami, Jamie Dimon is possibly maybe probably the best CEO in America. Which of his reasons do you disagree with?

And if the Admin is fighting like crazy to destroy fossil fuels, how are they going to lower prices? All they are doing is creating a future scarcity. BTW, here is the Dimon quote, which I agree with:

• JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon warned that U.S. interest rates could soar to 8% or more in coming years, reflecting the risk that record-high deficit spending and geopolitical stress will complicate the fight against inflation. “Huge fiscal spending, the trillions needed each year for the green economy, the remilitarization of the world and the restructuring of global trade—all are inflationary,” Dimon wrote in an annual letter to JPMorgan Chase shareholders released on Monday. Once again sounding a cautious note, Dimon said he questioned the optimism in financial markets. He said investors and traders expect the Federal Reserve to engineer a so-called soft landing in which the economy avoids a recession despite a sharp rise in interest rates in recent years, The WSJ reports. Dimon also warned that the federal government was overstepping its bounds in trying to add new capital requirements on banks.

Advertisement
Mon ami, Jamie Dimon is possibly maybe probably the best CEO in America. Which of his reasons do you disagree with?

And if the Admin is fighting like crazy to destroy fossil fuels, how are they going to lower prices? All they are doing is creating a future scarcity. BTW, here is the Dimon quote, which I agree with:

• JPMorgan Chase Chief Executive Jamie Dimon warned that U.S. interest rates could soar to 8% or more in coming years, reflecting the risk that record-high deficit spending and geopolitical stress will complicate the fight against inflation. “Huge fiscal spending, the trillions needed each year for the green economy, the remilitarization of the world and the restructuring of global trade—all are inflationary,” Dimon wrote in an annual letter to JPMorgan Chase shareholders released on Monday. Once again sounding a cautious note, Dimon said he questioned the optimism in financial markets. He said investors and traders expect the Federal Reserve to engineer a so-called soft landing in which the economy avoids a recession despite a sharp rise in interest rates in recent years, The WSJ reports. Dimon also warned that the federal government was overstepping its bounds in trying to add new capital requirements on banks.
Have we replenished the oil reserve?

We had to bail out Jamie more than once. JP Morgan has been fined and found guilty on a number of cases. If you want, I’ll post it, but it will just be a copy and paste.

[All in all, JP Morgan was fined $35,241,500,000 in a three-and-a-half year period. Nearly all of the penalties were tied to the financial crisis and the company’s promotion and use of mortgage-backed securities.
The issues go beyond what we have outlined above, as the company still has a fair amount of ongoing litigation that could cut into future revenues. Investors would do well to keep an eye on any developments for JPM and any further fines it may face as the bank tries to dig its way out of the hole it left in the markets during the recent financial crisis.]

He been wrong on the mkt. and the economy since the run up. His negativity is because he wants Trump to win and he wants to keep his tax cuts.

We had to bail out Jamie more than once. JP Morgan has been fined and found guilty on a number of cases. If you want, I’ll post it, but it will just be a copy and paste.

[All in all, JP Morgan was fined $35,241,500,000 in a three-and-a-half year period. Nearly all of the penalties were tied to the financial crisis and the company’s promotion and use of mortgage-backed securities.
The issues go beyond what we have outlined above, as the company still has a fair amount of ongoing litigation that could cut into future revenues. Investors would do well to keep an eye on any developments for JPM and any further fines it may face as the bank tries to dig its way out of the hole it left in the markets during the recent financial crisis.]

He been wrong on the mkt. and the economy since the run up. His negativity is because he wants Trump to win and he wants to keep his tax cuts.

Dont think so, and where did you get the info?

Advertisement

IIRC< Dimon endorsed Nikki Haley over Trump back in November

IIRC< Dimon endorsed Nikki Haley over Trump back in November

Dimon did, and he is reasonably non political. @mr.h you replied with a political answer, but not an economic one. Do you disagree with Dimon that the deficit is inflationary, wars are inflationary, trade wars are inflationary, etc.?

This is from JPM (coincidence). The CBO is currently predicting that all will be well over the next few years, declining inflation, interest rates under control etc.

1712604284673.png

I’m still very high on LLY. There is a severe supply shortage of the weight loss medication with growing demand worldwide. NVO is also a big winner, but LLY is a bigger and stronger company, imo. LLY also has the only medically approved alzheimer drug which is not a cure , but slows the onset. Any advancement on alzheimers or dementia would blow the stock out of the water. I’m also guessing a stock split in the near future.

Advertisement
The last paragraph 1000%.
Tech and the advancement like AI can change all this... Will take a lot but will help tremendously. Need to vote in people who like less government. No hand outs...... Earn your way.

I'm sure it could be easily fixed.. Just no one wants to upset the voters and do it.

Good question, but its a complicated question and answer. The key issue is the deficit, which Is at its highest level ever vs. GDP, even higher than WWII, and will continue going higher.

Short term that feels good but is very bad medium and longer term, similar to when you go on a spree on your credit and buy lots of stuff you cant afford. Remember the sacrifices made in WWII like the rationing and the inflation that happened after LBJ's guns and butter policies. Sooner or later you have to pay the piper.

When countries have huge budget deficits they then have runaway inflation and become uninvestible, leading to a downward spiral. We are not there yet because we are the worlds reserve currency - for now anyway, but my sense is that gold and silver are running up partly because countries and individuals want to lower their dollar exposure, which is a huge warning sign, and rates are going up on the long end because investors want to be paid more for their loan. Remember that our interest rates are higher than Europe's, Japan's, etc.

We are fortunate because of the size and strength of our economy, our technology and innovation, capitalistic economy, etc. will limit the downside more than other countries, but its still an issue.
We are the strongest economy and with my optimistic rationalization, I believe we will see rate cuts abroad which will be deflationary here!!!!!

Advertisement
08:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.4% -0.3%0.4%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(Mar)3.5% -3.4%3.2%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(Mar)316.69--315.57
08:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Mar)0.4% -0.3%0.4%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Mar)3.8% -3.7%3.8%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(Mar)312.332-312.098310.326
CPI YoY up
MoM equal to last month.
Expect end of world scenarios

Advertisement
08:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.4% -0.3%0.4%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(Mar)3.5% -3.4%3.2%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(Mar)316.69--315.57
08:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Mar)0.4% -0.3%0.4%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Mar)3.8% -3.7%3.8%
08:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(Mar)312.332-312.098310.326
CPI YoY up
MoM equal to last month.
Expect end of world scenarios

Its only one report BUT, it shouldnt be that much of a surprise, oil has been going up, housing has firmed, and just this month Powell came out and said he needs to see more data to cut, another Governor said they see no cuts this year, and yet another Governor said they saw a possible need to RAISE rates.

I picked up some GUSH recently. Looking to make a quick 60% on oil to the summer.

Should mean oil will tank for everyone with my luck. Thank me later.

Advertisement
Back