Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

You are apparently living in the wrong country,, we are a capitalist society where companies try to make the most money possible. Thats their FIDUCIARY responsibility.
To their shareholders, but what about the rights of the employees and customers. And yes, I’m in the USA.
Please don’t ask for examples.

Advertisement
To their shareholders, but what about the rights of the employees and customers. And yes, I’m in the USA.
Please don’t ask for examples.

A company's primary responsibility is to their shareholders. In other words, the owners. C'est tout.

If your managed a business that produced 1000 widgets a day and they sold out each and every day, you wouldnt raise prices? What would you tell the owner(s)?

Did the employees or customers put their capital at risk for the venture to be established and continue operations?

No but customers put their ventures at risk in some cases depending on the relationship. Example: software that is used to run a business.

Employees have some risk. Employers can fire them in some states with no cause and 2 weeks notice. They also are providing the sweat equity that use to get rewarded with stock options.

It is a three legged stool. If you don’t have some balance, employees and customers will have no reason to be loyal. That said more and more businesses are run with limited regard for employees and customers.

No but customers put their ventures at risk in some cases depending on the relationship. Example: software that is used to run a business.

Employees have some risk. Employers can fire them in some states with no cause and 2 weeks notice. They also are providing the sweat equity that use to get rewarded with stock options.

It is a three legged stool. If you don’t have some balance, employees and customers will have no reason to be loyal. That said more and more businesses are run with limited regard for employees and customers.
Keeping employees and customers happy are beneficial to the business, but only one group has wealth invested.

Advertisement
Most of the time capital is invested after a company has proven viable or founders have an idea and are going to provide the sweat equity. It is used to speed up the process OR allow founders to cash out some of the equity.

in time, I believe we could be looking at more of a two legged stool as robotics/ai/tech doesn’t care about work conditions. Thus more companies will be extremely lean with everyone having equity.

The apples/amazons/Walmarts will tons of employees that have lower skill sets have no skin in the game. The employees with elite level tech talent will always get treated like investors because the results will truly depend on them unless they are a cancer to the org.

Most of the time capital is invested after a company has proven viable or founders have an idea and are going to provide the sweat equity. It is used to speed up the process OR allow founders to cash out some of the equity.

in time, I believe we could be looking at more of a two legged stool as robotics/ai/tech doesn’t care about work conditions. Thus more companies will be extremely lean with everyone having equity.

The apples/amazons/Walmarts will tons of employees that have lower skill sets have no skin in the game. The employees with elite level tech talent will always get treated like investors because the results will truly depend on them unless they are a cancer to the org.
I agree but thats a very narrow set of employees. And as wages go up, outsourcing and automation will pick up.

As it is, my wife only uses self checkout at stores, she would not care if a store had a single human cashier.

Did the employees or customers put their capital at risk for the venture to be established and continue operations?
Only by buying their products or service. You trust them to do the right thing without oversight?
Women, minorities and many employees are still getting screwed by their employers? How many utility companies are making consumers sick? How many products have been taken off the shelves for safety reasons or concerns?
All in the name of profit.

Only by buying their products or service. You trust them to do the right thing without oversight?
Women, minorities and many employees are still getting screwed by their employers? How many utility companies are making consumers sick? How many products have been taken off the shelves for safety reasons or concerns?
All in the name of profit.
Who said anything about not having oversight. There's a reason we have labor and antitrust laws. Even if they don't get applied as often as the should. In my opinion, Too Big To Fail means they need to get broken up. Also, the tech giants are way too powerful.

Advertisement
Who said anything about not having oversight. There's a reason we have labor and antitrust laws. Even if they don't get applied as often as the should. In my opinion, Too Big To Fail means they need to get broken up. Also, the tech giants are way too powerful.
we’ll said for a libertarian…it does seem that some want less oversight and we just saw it again with the banking system.

we’ll said for a libertarian…it does seem that some want less oversight and we just saw it again with the banking system.
Libertarian doesn't necessarily mean anarchy.

Politicians appease donors. Ideology is just a means to an end.

Guys, it’s not even an election year. Where do we put our money in 2023?

Advertisement
This was not a good day for Elon Musk.
car crash GIF

explosion rocket GIF by Product Hunt

I’m in cashflowing real estate, money market funds at 4.75%, and short duration CDs
Good choice. I have 3 rental properties and if I had all my debt paid off I would totally be investing in 12 months or fewer for bonds/CDs.

Advertisement
If you're getting a mortgage, you might want to do it before May 1st. You're going to start getting penalized for a big down payment and good credit.

Advertisement
Back