Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Have you ever traveled? Been to other countries?
airplane-turkish_prison.gif

Advertisement
debt ceiling could be the breaking point for the economy. Yellen has a ton of treasuries to sell to refill the coffers and keep the government operating until November 2024.

Well, I have been called worse than a price gouger, but most folks would call it supply/demand. Remember that government policies and requirements have restricted the supply of things like housing and gasoline, so when you restrict supply..........................
Not to worry. Their high profits will trickle down to us..wait for it..

Hd Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Imagine a world where the little guy can own part of a company and complain about their high profits.

Dana Carvey Nbc GIF

I have written many times earlier that you dont fight the Federal Reserve, but you do bet against the Federal government, because many of their policies, even if well intentioned, often have the opposite effect. Barring a hard landing (very possible), oil is only going to go up, so is housing, so is food, so are cars, etc. etc.

Well, I have been called worse than a price gouger, but most folks would call it supply/demand. Remember that government policies and requirements have restricted the supply of things like housing and gasoline, so when you restrict supply..........................
It's greedy corporations price gouging when prices go up. It's sage political policy that makes prices go down.

Supply/demand is a myth.

/sarc

Advertisement
just listened to a good podcast on why the market is rallying. In short, institutional investors use computers algorithms to help determine what to buy. Since the Fed is near the end of hikes the bond market is not nearly as risky. This means the computers see that they can take more risks in equities driving the sp500 along with many other high risk assets higher…until something or many things break (credit markets, unemployment, debt ceiling, cre defaults build, housing cools off). Bank deposits are already dropping and consumer debt is building.

while I agree that it is about supply and demand, ironically the FED is blocking wage growth. Thus, companies benefit from the growth of prices from 2020 to 2022 then have the ability to cut input costs as the FED cools the economy. Companies that saved the cash should look really good in 2024/2025.

The vast majority of Americans aren’t living off of wealth. Thus, this is a one two three punch: price inflation, limited wage growth, and soon higher unemployment thus risk of losing job.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Meta is starting to show cracks. My company actually integrates with them on multiple levels and one of them just died with no notification impacting tens of thousands of organizations including my customers. They fired some of the team last year and my guess is the latest round took the technicians.

debt ceiling could be the breaking point for the economy. Yellen has a ton of treasuries to sell to refill the coffers and keep the government operating until November 2024.

Speaking of Yellen - has anyone yet seen a Federal Reserve Note or Dollar that has Yellen's signature?

In fact, has anyone seen any bills dated post 2017?

And has anyone seen any documentation whatsoever - that Yellen took the oath of office?

'Cause I haven't.

Speaking of Yellen - has anyone yet seen a Federal Reserve Note or Dollar that has Yellen's signature?

In fact, has anyone seen any bills dated post 2017?

And has anyone seen any documentation whatsoever - that Yellen took the oath of office?

'Cause I haven't.

Her signature is unreadable, at least I think its her. All of my bills have Mnuchin or the doctor scribble.

Advertisement
Back