Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Downside with Comcast is similar to downside with Verizon. What happens when SpaceX becomes the final mile for most people?

Advertisement
We are now at the point where Wall Street wants positive economic news. The cycle of bad news, which persuades the Fed not to raise interest rates, is over.

Downside with Comcast is similar to downside with Verizon. What happens when SpaceX becomes the final mile for most people?
Verizon doesn’t own broadcast and cable stations, movie studios nor theme parks. Comcast is more than just a cable and internet provider.

Advertisement
CPI tomorrow. We should see a drop in inflation, and next month, a significant drop in inflation.
earnings should be interesting.

Verizon doesn’t own broadcast and cable stations, movie studios nor theme parks. Comcast is more than just a cable and internet provider.

Understand. Comcast is more of a media/telecom while VZ is more of a pure telecom with cellular and last-mile services.
Cable services = 66B in 2022
NBCU = 39B
Sky = 17B

Thus, that last mile for Comcast is still 50% of its revenue. I'm sure it doesn't hurt NBCU to have Comcast pushing the media and parks to users.

Government is a greater risk to corporate profits than it was a decade earlier, a U.S. Chamber of Commerce study found.​

The study, based on an analysis of annual reports filed by publicly traded companies in the S&P 500 index, found that companies used terms associated with potential risks from government action about 325,000 times in their 2021 annual reports, a 27% increase from 2011, reports Brody Mullins. The chamber attributed the increase to the repeated shifts in party control of the government; an increasingly partisan approach to policy-making; and “a growing willingness by both parties to pursue aggressive policy changes through regulation,” rather than through Congress.

Advertisement
@CFLCane any updates on DME? It's still a fun one I like to play with. I bought more at $1.29 today.

And hey, if my premium genie is still out there and wants to re-new my suddenly expired CIS sub, I'd be continuously grateful. Or I could pay you back with an anonymous crypto transfer. As mentioned before I can't use my credit card on here because it has my name on it and some of the stock stuff I've posted here in this thread is against the rules I'm supposed to play by :)

@CFLCane any updates on DME? It's still a fun one I like to play with. I bought more at $1.29 today.

And hey, if my premium genie is still out there and wants to re-new my suddenly expired CIS sub, I'd be continuously grateful. Or I could pay you back with an anonymous crypto transfer. As mentioned before I can't use my credit card on here because it has my name on it and some of the stock stuff I've posted here in this thread is against the rules I'm supposed to play by :)
Soon as i have some free time ill write something up. In the meantime beacon securities just initiated coverage and released a comprehensive report below. Ive added around 7k shares and a few thousand warrants this year.

https://www.desertmountainenergy.co...023/04/DME-2022-04-06-Initiating-Coverage.pdf

@Cryptical Envelopment

Plant #1 will be out of optimization and at full production by end of june/early July. Revenue picture will be clear after that.

Plant #2 arriving Q4 2023 (Murphy law add a quarter) This plant will be refining wells #1 and #2 which have other rare earth gasses, it will have a liquification unit which broadens the customer base.

Plant #3 critical components on order, expect Q2-Q3 next year ( this plant will be placed on someone elses wells, i'm guessing petrosun)

Their plant technology is getting a lot of traction. It's mobile, it refines to much higher quality than other peers, It can run off multiple different energy sources 50% more efficiently than peers, It can be operated remotely, It requires no permanent structure, and is capable of refining low yield wells such as nat gas that generally have less than .07% helium. This obviously opens a lot doors to lease plants down the road or sign offtake agreements.

Hydrogen well program begins this summer. Massive govt funding/IRA loan support available , carbon credits, etc if they can prove up these fields and produce them. Our partnership with Beam Energy will help move this along. There is some belief that they hydrogen is being actively being produced underground at such a rate that they could produce at a fixed rate indefinitely. They hydrogen would likely be converted to ammonia for transport and then converted back to hydrogen for consumption. Simple process that densifies the energy several multiples and removes transport risk as hydrogen is extremely volatile. The science/geology community is just now stumbling on new ways to search for helium/hydrogen creation underground so a lot of this is very new unexplored theories and true wildcatting. I personally am not counting on anything from the hydrogen side anytime soon but i'm paying close attention. Green hydrogen is the cleanest of hydrogen and would be the cheapest to produce so we're talking about a potentially very large new vertical and some diversification.

If you read the Beacon report they were very conservative on some of the values i'm using to project revenue/profit. Specifically the MCF price and EPS multiple used to create their price target in the short term. They did lay out later in article their is a significant chance DME exceeds those expectations and mentioned what those values could be (2500MCF top end and 5-10x EPS) I believe they used $750 an MCF and 3.5x P/E as their baseline.

The plant #1 delays and financings because of those delays were unfortunate but the long term growth potential here is massive. Remember we're only 8 wells and 1 plant into a 60-80 Arizona helium well program.

Advertisement
I’m pretty sure that the banking industries problems, along with rate hikes, will restrict lending , which will lower inflation.
Im hoping Powell has a softer tone and stop with the pain crap. Inflation is not going to go down to 2% and we’ll have to live with it, as it’s the lesser evil than massive job loses and a deeper recession.
Just my opinion damnit.

USDMBA Mortgage Applications(Apr 7)5.3% ---4.1%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index (MoM)(Mar)0.1% -2.240.3%0.4%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index (YoY)(Mar)5% -1.155.2%6%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index Core s.a(Mar)305.24--304.07
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Mar)0.4% 00.4%0.5%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Mar)5.6% 05.6%5.5%
07:30USDConsumer Price Index n.s.a (MoM)(Mar)301.836-1.08302.254300.84
07:30EURECB's De Guindos speechSpeech

seems good to me..especially the March CPI
when you take out food and energy, the drops are not dramatic and has dropped a lot more than anticipated.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back