Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

consumer sentiment down..which I guess is good, because consumers will spend less
5 year consumer inflation expectations @3%

Advertisement
Private debt isn't the issue this time. We have a ton of 30yr fixed loans with very limited variable rate loans unlike Canada, UK, Australia, China... This is why those central banks can't raise rates as they know it would cause real estate crashes.

Trying to not get into politics and just speak on the realities.

Inflation helps reduce the budget deficit but truly doesn't address the DEBT just like rate hikes don't address Supply-side issues. The government has to freeze spending to let inflation reduce our debt. The increased revenue from inflation will be used to pay down debt as we should have a revenue surplus.

As of now, the government is also looking at increasing our public debt by $500B with student debt forgiveness. We have already cut oil supply and increased subsidies for EV/alternatives which means more public debt with no short to mid-term relief for inflation.

SS is adjusted to inflation so we can't freeze it without changing that law which no one in Congress will do! R's aren't willing to let Medicare/Medicaid (don't know which one) get lower prescription costs.
Our budget surplus didn’t last very long. However, if you are proposing a reduction in the national debt we would likely need to have a budget surplus for not only years but decades as opposed to months.

Time to revisit how we ever saw a budget surplus in the first place.

As @90scane wrote above and I have warned/whined about multiple times, we have a supply problem almost across the board. Until that is solved, inflation will not be tamed without demand destruction.
Thankfully nobody is raising interest rates so businesses and small businesses have easy access to money to build up and increase the supply. Also thankfully the government isn’t still going way over budget and fighting the people for the supply. Oh wait.

Thankfully nobody is raising interest rates so businesses and small businesses have easy access to money to build up and increase the supply. Also thankfully the government isn’t still going way over budget and fighting the people for the supply. Oh wait.

To expand what I wrote earlier, the bond market is considered the smartest market, so them coming in so much is something to be strongly considered.

Advertisement
Our budget surplus didn’t last very long. However, if you are proposing a reduction in the national debt we would likely need to have a budget surplus for not only years but decades as opposed to months.

Time to revisit how we ever saw a budget surplus in the first place.
I remember that brief window of budget surpluses. Bush 45 wanted to use it to lower taxes. Al Gore in 2001 was pushing for it to be put into a “social security lockbox”

That’s why people need to pay down principal for ARLs and start paying cash for future purchases. Or if you don’t have that kind of cash on hand, expect to make advance payments on any future fixed interest loans. All of this contributes to a reduction in multiple home ownership and stocks.

Sorry…that is private debt.

Public debt needs to be addressed by reducing and trying to eliminate the budget deficit.

That will decrease the money supply that leads to inflation.
What about the adherents of Modern Monetary Theory who believe the United States can spend to indefinite limits without consequence?

Since this topic is Stocks and Crypto... How do you think Miami Dade feels about FTX? HA

FTX was a massive ponzi!

Bitcoin from 64k to 16k in one year. It still is processing around $5B of transactions every day which speaks to the value of block chain technology especially in under developed financial markets.

Advertisement
Cathie Woods view
A Serious Policy Mistake: Inflation is unwinding, Wood said. If her deduction is true, the economy could be heading back to the future with the “Roaring Twenties,” the last time several general-purpose technologies, namely the telephone, electricity, and the internal combustion engine, evolved at the same time, she said, adding the setup is remarkably similar.

Prior to the Roaring Twenties, there was World War I and the Spanish Flu, Wood noted.

"While both had a more serious impact on the global economy, today’s combination is a strong echo that could result in much lower than expected inflation and a boom in innovation," the money manager said.

Cathie Woods view
A Serious Policy Mistake: Inflation is unwinding, Wood said. If her deduction is true, the economy could be heading back to the future with the “Roaring Twenties,” the last time several general-purpose technologies, namely the telephone, electricity, and the internal combustion engine, evolved at the same time, she said, adding the setup is remarkably similar.

Prior to the Roaring Twenties, there was World War I and the Spanish Flu, Wood noted.

"While both had a more serious impact on the global economy, today’s combination is a strong echo that could result in much lower than expected inflation and a boom in innovation," the money manager said.
Cathie wants the FED to pivot because her ARK needs easier money.

While I believe we have some great innovations ahead of us, I don't think we are going to see them impact GDP in 2023. AI, self driving cars, robots, block chain are all getting closer and closer to having massive impacts on GDP but they won't arrive in mass over the next 1-2 years. We are likely 5-10 years off on self driving cars, robots will continue to become more impactful, blockchain is great tech but still only as around 50k developers working on it compared to the millions using current payment networks...

The Santa rally could hit some headwinds with forced retirement selling. Inflation dropping to 2% would be a negative for most markets as it means less spending. Thus, the market's rally on CPI is a sign that they want/need easy money from the FED which the FED has said isn't likely.

Advertisement
Cathie wants the FED to pivot because her ARK needs easier money.

While I believe we have some great innovations ahead of us, I don't think we are going to see them impact GDP in 2023. AI, self driving cars, robots, block chain are all getting closer and closer to having massive impacts on GDP but they won't arrive in mass over the next 1-2 years. We are likely 5-10 years off on self driving cars, robots will continue to become more impactful, blockchain is great tech but still only as around 50k developers working on it compared to the millions using current payment networks...

The Santa rally could hit some headwinds with forced retirement selling. Inflation dropping to 2% would be a negative for most markets as it means less spending. Thus, the market's rally on CPI is a sign that they want/need easy money from the FED which the FED has said isn't likely.
I believe we will have a Santa Rally because retail has a lot of inventory and supplies are opening up. Autos, new and used are getting discounted. Baby boomers have been leaving the workforce for years, forcibly and on their own. That becomes job creation for others. We are still at full employment and people are spending. Albeit, gas and food are still high, but the shock and awe is over.

As long as the mkt. believes that rate hikes will be lower, we will see the market rise going into the EOY….jmo
producer price index PPI down .02 vs .04 est.

13:30USDProducer Price Index (MoM)(Oct) 0.2% -0.860.5% 0.2% 13:30USDProducer Price Index (YoY)(Oct) 8% -0.788.3% 8.4% 13:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (MoM)(Oct) 0% -3.920.4% 0.2% 13:30USDProducer Price Index ex Food & Energy (YoY)(Oct) 6.7% -2.917.2% 7.2%
Blue Skys.

Last edited:
Some DME updates, and no the plant isn't finished yet.

DME reissued and closed the PP yesterday.

DME won their case on well 3.

DME bought land for to lay down an additional processing plant.

DME prepping the land for plant #1 arrival

Some additional pictures of plant modules in the MFG facility.

Article highlighting some potential additional revenue streams for DME regarding Hydrogen and Ammonia production. Touches on massive government incentives regarding clean hydrogen production.

Been a minute. @Cryptical Envelopment @YUMU @Bird4um and whoever else i forgot. Finally turning the corner here.

* DME plant FINALLY finishing assembly @ generons facility on the 18th
* Final testing to completed by the 29th
* Delivery directly after.
* 1-3 months of ramp up till we begin selling 99.99995% purity. (first few trailers will be balloon grade then moving to 99.99 , then further)
* Site is ready for plant delivery, solar panels have been received. Batteries will not deliver till early Q1 ( plant will run off CNG generators till batteries deliver)
* Investor webinar in 30 minutes if you're interest https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/reg...LmSyCC2DgQUvO0AQ&timezone_id=America/New_York
* There is a 6 minute spot on Dennis Quaids show the ViewPoint releasing today . https://www.viewpointproject.com/?g...OySulBiwrwoj-2_DLOyAuo1xdN4sNiVhoCT2EQAvD_BwE I'm sure the actual clip will be released soon.
* Commercials will start running on CNBC and Fox Business Soon.
* DME will also be refining some local mom and pop suppliers helium (buying around 350MCF and selling for 1500+ MCF)

Advertisement
Been a minute. @Cryptical Envelopment @YUMU @Bird4um and whoever else i forgot. Finally turning the corner here.

* DME plant FINALLY finishing assembly @ generons facility on the 18th
* Final testing to completed by the 29th
* Delivery directly after.
* 1-3 months of ramp up till we begin selling 99.99995% purity. (first few trailers will be balloon grade then moving to 99.99 , then further)
* Site is ready for plant delivery, solar panels have been received. Batteries will not deliver till early Q1 ( plant will run off CNG generators till batteries deliver)
* Investor webinar in 30 minutes if you're interest https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/tZ0oc--hrzwpGNH8KC8QT45hs2yvHlCbUoG6/success?user_id=gr2JTPLmSyCC2DgQUvO0AQ&timezone_id=America/New_York
* There is a 6 minute spot on Dennis Quaids show the ViewPoint releasing today . https://www.viewpointproject.com/?g...OySulBiwrwoj-2_DLOyAuo1xdN4sNiVhoCT2EQAvD_BwE I'm sure the actual clip will be released soon.
* Commercials will start running on CNBC and Fox Business Soon.
* DME will also be refining some local mom and pop suppliers helium (buying around 350MCF and selling for 1500+ MCF)

Ty man .. I believed then and I believe now.

Advertisement
Back