Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
But it’s helping Russia. In regards to energy independence, the oil and gas companies want to export. Do we make it illegal to export? Europe is facing energy shortages which will eventually lead to a world wide recession. Just my thoughts.

China and India are buying from Russia too, as is Turkey and many other countries. The key point is that we could have way more domestic production, but we are intentionally tying one hand behind our backs. Blaming OPEC is a scapegoat for our own stupid policies.

What is really ominous is that we arent anywhere near peak oil prices, just wait until China opens up again, we replenish the SPR, supply continues to drop from older wells, etc. etc. Probably from '24 on we are living in $150+ oil.

Advertisement
But it’s helping Russia. In regards to energy independence, the oil and gas companies want to export. Do we make it illegal to export? Europe is facing energy shortages which will eventually lead to a world wide recession. Just my thoughts.
Actually, by introducing cheaper oil into the market, globally, it spooks OPEC into maxing out production. That’s why they wouldn’t cut during the pandemic glut.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is why I asked 3300. I could see us get under 3000 as I think the Fed gets to 4.5-5 and holds it there for 2023. If inflation doesn’t give and jobs don’t cool by Q1, they could push past 5.

Advertisement
Jamie Dimon now comes and says the Fed kept interest too low for too long.
Way to go Jamie…
he had to make certain he made his money before uttering a word.

he sure wasnt complaining when they didnt raise rates at the time.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 1.55.48 PM.png

Up 12.2% today off this.

My worthless opinion would be for the Fed to hold off on rate cuts and sees where it goes. The Stock Market needs a break. Let supply and demand do what they do.

Advertisement
Back