Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
sup people, paksat from 2030 checking in

now making $44 per hour at my new job! This has allowed me to move into 300 square foot 1 br apartment by myself instead of the 350 with 4 roommmates I posted before. I'm now living the dream in this era, just gotta work hard and squabble up all the over time you can get ( averaged 65 hours for 4 years to get where I am ).

I'm even looking at a cannon dale to get to work which, most of the people I know can only dream of. I'm tired of things being this difficult tho, i'm voting democrat and on that there hope and change.

Biib [biogen] is up 39% on news of its Alzheimer drug.
LLY [Lilly] who has a better drug, that will be announced soon…Up 7% and has a 4% divy.

We were overdue for a short covering rally, so today's equity rally is not surprising. What is surprising and actually the first good news in a while is the 10 year crashing.

Advertisement
Biib [biogen] is up 39% on news of its Alzheimer drug.
LLY [Lilly] who has a better drug, that will be announced soon…Up 7% and has a 4% divy.
I’d be careful with biogen. I owned it a few years ago, managed not to get burned by it. But it has had 2 ridiculous days in the past couple years to then plummet the following day. Nov 2021 and January 2022

Lilly is slow and steady. I like ABBV myself(3.9% divy)

Just peaked at Lilly. Nice ATH today. Congrats!

Last edited:
07:30USDContinuing Jobless Claims(Sep 16) 1.347M-1.141.388M1.376M07:30USDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures (QoQ)(Q2) 4.7% 2.944.4% 4.4% 07:30USDGross Domestic Product Annualized(Q2) -0.6% 0-0.6% -0.6% 07:30USDGross Domestic Product Price Index(Q2) 9.1% 0.598.9% 9% 07:30USDInitial Jobless Claims(Sep 23) 193K-4.80215K209K07:30USDInitial Jobless Claims 4-week average(Sep 23) 207K--215.75K07:30USDPersonal Consumption Expenditures Prices (QoQ)(Q2) 7.3% 0.407.1% 7.1%

Jobless claims down
Personal Consumption up,
GDP the same,
GDP price INDEX up,

The economy is holding its own with job numbers leading the way. There will definitely be seasonal hiring for the holidays.
Other than that, we’re fvcked.

Last edited:
07:30USDContinuing Jobless Claims(Sep 16) 1.347M-1.141.388M1.376M07:30USDCore Personal Consumption Expenditures (QoQ)(Q2) 4.7% 2.944.4% 4.4% 07:30USDGross Domestic Product Annualized(Q2) -0.6% 0-0.6% -0.6% 07:30USDGross Domestic Product Price Index(Q2) 9.1% 0.598.9% 9% 07:30USDInitial Jobless Claims(Sep 23) 193K-4.80215K209K07:30USDInitial Jobless Claims 4-week average(Sep 23) 207K--215.75K07:30USDPersonal Consumption Expenditures Prices (QoQ)(Q2) 7.3% 0.407.1% 7.1%

Jobless claims down
Personal Consumption up,
GDP the same,
GDP price INDEX up,

The economy is holding its own with job numbers leading the way. There will definitely be seasonal hiring for the holidays.
Other than that, we’re fvcked.

I dont see how the Fed can slow down their tightening. We are likely headed for a hard landing.

I dont see how the Fed can slow down their tightening. We are likely headed for a hard landing.
Like you said, CPI numbers are backwards looking. Maybe they should pause for a month or two or lessen the rate hikes and see what develops. Also 2% inflation is not realistic. 3-4% is manageable.
With holiday season coming, we are going to see major discounts, especially with overstocked items..just saying

Advertisement
Like you said, CPI numbers are backwards looking. Maybe they should pause for a month or two or lessen the rate hikes and see what develops. Also 2% inflation is not realistic. 3-4% is manageable.
With holiday season coming, we are going to see major discounts, especially with overstocked items..just saying
Not with construction supplies. This will be like 2004/2005 when those 6 or 7 hurricanes tore up FL and LA.

Not with construction supplies. This will be like 2004/2005 when those 6 or 7 hurricanes tore up FL and LA.
You are right, because of the hurricane. What a horrible mess. Prices of wood flooring and carpeting were down in NC.

You are right, because of the hurricane. What a horrible mess. Prices of wood flooring and carpeting were down in NC.
And in MA, I was talking with a relative just before the storm who was complaining that a sheet of T-111 was $51 at the lumberyard he likes to use, but had dropped to $41 at Home Depot. After a rousing discussion about inventory turner rates, he was excited that he might be able to put up his pole barn for a lot less than he'd planned. Not anymore.

Advertisement
Based on everything I see today, we dont even get to 3-4% inflation without a hard landing. Labor is still super tight, the government doesnt stop spending, food is still surging, rental prices are still going up (at a moderate pace though), and even with China being on lockdown, reserves being released from the SPR (which need to be replenished) and the fear of a hard landing, oil is still at $80+.

Advertisement
MSP, what's the latest on that? Did it blow up or what's the long term thoughts on that?

This has been the worst week of the worst month. September is usually a bad month for the stock market.

Advertisement
Back