Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

1 year T Bond-3.21%
2year…..3.14
3 year…3.14
5 year….3.019
7 year….2..998
10 year..2.906
30 year…3.068

The lower term yields are lower [inverted] than the long-term. That spells trouble.
Investors are taking risk off the stock market by buying short term bonds,due to recession fears.
I wish I knew if the long term bonds will catch up or the short-term bonds will drop due to buying pressures.

Advertisement
I did not understand yesterdays market reaction, today's makes much more sense. The only good news is that we only have another 5-15% down to go.

1 year T Bond-3.21%
2year…..3.14
3 year…3.14
5 year….3.019
7 year….2..998
10 year..2.906
30 year…3.068

The lower term yields are lower [inverted] than the long-term. That spells trouble.
Investors are taking risk off the stock market by buying short term bonds,due to recession fears.
I wish I knew if the long term bonds will catch up or the short-term bonds will drop due to buying pressures.

The shorter term bonds are anchored to the Fed curve, so as long as the market expects the Fed to keep raising, they are going to stay there.

What is the "official" reason for the delay?

If it was my decision, I would question whether this was corporate welfare for very profitable companies.
Not enough votes in Congress. If we are involved militarily with China, we won’t have enough chips for domestic and overseas production.
Some see it as corporate welfare, but it would also create job growth and add to our defense capacities.

The shorter term bonds are anchored to the Fed curve, so as long as the market expects the Fed to keep raising, they are going to stay there.
My question would be if the 10 year and 30 year stay inverted.

Advertisement
My question would be if the 10 year and 30 year stay inverted.

Based on history, they likely will remain that way, until the market believes the Fed will slow down/stop/reverse course on rate increases.

Not enough votes in Congress. If we are involved militarily with China, we won’t have enough chips for domestic and overseas production.
Some see it as corporate welfare, but it would also create job growth and add to our defense capacities.

But why is it being held up was my question - the "official" reason

Last edited:
@Cryptical Envelopment I believe you and I were in agreement that the Fed should have already raised faster and higher. I think they should now do 1%, your thoughts?

My reasoning is that all of this soft landing talk is ridiculous. When Congress cant stop spending, and the Fed is way late in increasing and being forced to juggle between 75 and 100 bps increases, and was doing QE for way too long, you assured yourself high inflation and a tough landing. I would rather get it over with.

@Cryptical Envelopment I believe you and I were in agreement that the Fed should have already raised faster and higher. I think they should now do 1%, your thoughts?

My reasoning is that all of this soft landing talk is ridiculous. When Congress cant stop spending, and the Fed is way late in increasing and being forced to juggle between 75 and 100 bps increases, and was doing QE for way too long, you assured yourself high inflation and a tough landing. I would rather get it over with.
Wait until we're officially in a recession. The solution from Congress will be a big spending bill.

Advertisement
Wait until we're officially in a recession. The solution from Congress will be a big spending bill.

Hard to disagree, except that I think inflation will lessen but will remain stubbornly high, so it will be tough for them to do.

Any of you guys on here have any experience with any of the Metaverses out there? Have a neighbor who is swearing by this TCG Metaverse that's about to hit Alpha. Hadn't heard about it before but did a little research and seems to look pretty cool. Graphically in another universe compared to Sandbox and Decentraland. Just curious if anyone here has any experience with Metaverse in general or this particular one.
Long ways away.

Advertisement
But why is it being held up was my question - the "official" reason
There is no official reason. This would normally be a gimme, because Republicans are strong on Defense. But it’s political because they don’t want to give Biden a perceived win. IMO it’s that simple.

Advertisement

Canada just did, I would be shocked if we didn't follow their lead.

I owned NVAX when it was a dollar stock. Sold at $15.00…lol
@ Cryptical…all the major covid stocks were blasted yesterday.

Yeah, I was well positioned with that put. Second time this year NVAX has been clearly overheated and presented an opp. I've never owned NVAX, have just shorted it.

Just closed the rest of my position just under $18.

#bearmarketgames

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back