Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Advertisement
What do you all think of FUBO?

*I do not own
I actually liked FUBO at one point, honestly haven’t kept up.

DraftKings actually has my attention. It’s headquartered in Mass and there’s a 90% chance gambling becomes legalized this year (House and Senate are debating some details regarding tax rates, ad campaigns, college sports, etc. that should be figured out by July 31 deadline, and the governor has already stated he will sign the bill as long as they come to an agreement). It was nearly at $70 in the fall, down to almost $11 now. With more and more states legalizing gambling and the stigmatism(s) associated with gamblers slowly fading, I think we’re around a very good entry point.

What's your prediction for the bottom?

If inflation is the problem, food is still going to skyrocket from here, energy will continue to rise until we get demand destruction, wages are following those up, the government is still spending recklessly, deficits will continue to skyrocket and servicing the debt will be much worse, etc. etc.

Also, psychology is important, and right now, its all negative, and our "leaders" are unable/unwilling to change the psychology. Barring a major course correction by the Fed (raise aggressively), the administration (freeze spending, end the war on fossil fuels), the war, etc., we have another 10% at least.

Thinking somewhere around 3400-3500, but possibly down to 3200 or so. Remember though, that opinions are like ********......

If inflation is the problem, food is still going to skyrocket from here, energy will continue to rise until we get demand destruction, wages are following those up, the government is still spending recklessly, deficits will continue to skyrocket and servicing the debt will be much worse, etc. etc.

Also, psychology is important, and right now, its all negative, and our "leaders" are unable/unwilling to change the psychology. Barring a major course correction by the Fed (raise aggressively), the administration (freeze spending, end the war on fossil fuels), the war, etc., we have another 10% at least.

Thinking somewhere around 3400-3500, but possibly down to 3200 or so. Remember though, that opinions are like ********......
I prefer your opinion over the talking heads on CNBC.

I actually liked FUBO at one point, honestly haven’t kept up.

DraftKings actually has my attention. It’s headquartered in Mass and there’s a 90% chance gambling becomes legalized this year (House and Senate are debating some details regarding tax rates, ad campaigns, college sports, etc. that should be figured out by July 31 deadline, and the governor has already stated he will sign the bill as long as they come to an agreement). It was nearly at $70 in the fall, down to almost $11 now. With more and more states legalizing gambling and the stigmatism(s) associated with gamblers slowly fading, I think we’re around a very good entry point.
I’m in. But a lot higher. Scared to buy more. Kind of have to to get that avg. down.

Advertisement
I prefer your opinion over the talking heads on CNBC.

Thank you, but you should always get different opinions and make your own decisions. I gave you the reasons why I have been so bearish and continue to be, you decide if those make sense. As I wrote, a lot of this is psychology, so the Fed's decision and associated language/forecast will be huge, either direction.

Also, I am not trying to time a bottom to get in, so I am possibly to likely going to miss the initial stages of a REAL rally, whenever that finally comes.

Thank you, but you should always get different opinions and make your own decisions. I gave you the reasons why I have been so bearish and continue to be, you decide if those make sense. As I wrote, a lot of this is psychology, so the Fed's decision and associated language/forecast will be huge, either direction.

Also, I am not trying to time a bottom to get in, so I am possibly to likely going to miss the initial stages of a REAL rally, whenever that finally comes.
Yes, of course. I always value varied opinions. Believe it or not, I often got the best advice from the cleaning crew where I worked.

I think at some point you gotta dig in. Especially if you have a long horizon. I bought some here. Probably not near bottom, but the Msft, amazons, apples, googles, teslas of the world will continue to produce results.

Also some of the retailers that give dividend are good buys here imo. Wmt, Home Depot, target.

Advertisement
does the Fed stay with the .5 rate hike and stick to its soft landing or should it go bold with one or two .75 hikes to show they have to act quickly even if it takes us into a recession?

Advertisement
does the Fed stay with the .5 rate hike and stick to its soft landing or should it go bold with one or two .75 hikes to show they have to act quickly even if it takes us into a recession?

The fact that the Fed is just starting to hike aggressively as we enter a bear market is all you need to know. The whole "soft landing" was hopeful prayers not to get people worried, but it was always unlikely. Remember that we have a Fed who is way behind the curve doing rapid rate increases AND rapid QT, at the SAME time, and a Federal government that simply keeps spending.......

What signs for a future rally?

Advertisement
Back