Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I hear you.

When I go into Mcdonalds, I don't want to see that they are a proud supporter of the NRA or abortion rights; or, any other political cause.
Agreed, on the same token businesses shouldnt be able to discriminate because based on religion, sexual preference, race, or party affiliation.

They keep opening pandoras box and throwing fits when it bites them in the ***.

Advertisement
Why dont you look up what the SCOTUS had to say about "citizens united" the conservative group who pushed to remove limitations on corporate election spending. Their argument was that limiting spending was akin to limiting free speech. Which is hilarious because when the corporation speaks out like disney did they freak the **** out.

Morale of the story is they want everyones money and everyones silence.
God bless Clarence Thomas, who’s outraged that we saw what they were cooking up.

French fries and fetuses.
Agreed, on the same token businesses shouldnt be able to discriminate because based on religion, sexual preference, race, or party affiliation.

They keep opening pandoras box and throwing fits when it bites them in the ***.
Let’s all meet at Chick-fil-A
“Corporations are peoples”. 🍷
More days like today, aye?
I promised myself I would buy the VIX it it went down to 20.

It's not a good idea to intentionally alienate any percentage of potentials customers. Why is that difficult to grasp?

I know asking everyone's opinion on everything is the cool thing to do. But they just want to do that to either count you as an ally or bash you. In any case, the correct is and always should be that we're a corporation making products. We want every person to be able to enjoy them so we're staying out of this conversation because all our customers are important.

Let’s all meet at Chick-fil-A
“Corporations are peoples”. 🍷
More days like today, aye?
I promised myself I would buy the VIX it it went down to 20.
Good point.

Still don't understand why people love their food? To me it's pretty blah.

Advertisement
Y
It's not a good idea to intentionally alienate any percentage of potentials customers. Why is that difficult to grasp?

I know asking everyone's opinion on everything is the cool thing to do. But they just want to do that to either count you as an ally or bash you. In any case, the correct is and always should be that we're a corporation making products. We want every person to be able to enjoy them so we're staying out of this conversation because all our customers are important.
Yes, yes, yes! When I was in sales, I only cared about making sales. I never cared about anything else.

I once had clients who were running against each other for political office. I didn't tell them, and they never knew and it didn't make a difference and they were both ********, but I didn't care.

Advertisement
Do has been largely silent throughout the whole collapse save for some tweets that sound like legal team filtered speech.
Without the stablecoin in the new network, the purpose of Luna then becomes a governance token and the gas for the network? Unless they have a fresh idea, Luna doesn't offer many differences to ETH and a lot of the success could hinge on how successful the ETH 2.0 rollout is later this year. If ETH's swap to proof of stake is successful and fees drop (I don't think they will drop to BSC or Polygon levels), then it will become very hard for networks to offer something that outdoes ETH.

Edit: I wish they would burn the excess Luna. They helped extrapolate the problem with all of the extra Luna minting instead of halting the algorithm while they worked on a fix. I wished I'd gotten into Luna last year and I'm not going to lie, I bought at 10, 4, 1, and less than a dollar while hoping to help get things fixed and got hurt each time.

As much as I'd love to come off the top rope, that's not exactly true. He's actually put forth two proposals on how to move forward and has gone back and forth with some people on twitter. Not that I'm impressed with the content.

I'm sorry you got hurt speculating. None of this is good.

Yahoo finance today:
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Tuesday that the central bank will continue to raise short-term interest rates — which will likely slow economic activity — until there is “clear and convincing evidence” that inflation is coming down.

“We will go to that point and there won’t be any hesitation about that,” Powell said at a Wall Street Journal event.

In the face of inflation rates not seen since the 1980s, the Fed has ratcheted up short-term borrowing costs in an effort to dampen spending and investment. The Fed's preferred measure of inflation showed prices rising by 6.6% on a yearly basis in March, well above the central bank's target of 2%.

"There could be some pain involved in restoring price stability, but we think we can sustain a strong labor market," Powell said. The unemployment rate was at a historically low 3.6% in April. I

Mkts. Off highs but holding. Retail down.

As much as I'd love to come off the top rope, that's not exactly true. He's actually put forth two proposals on how to move forward and has gone back and forth with some people on twitter. Not that I'm impressed with the content.

I'm sorry you got hurt speculating. None of this is good.

I've read the proposals. The community had put forth a better proposal where the bottom 99.6% wallets were to be fully reinstated for their losses. That is a moot point now since LFG threw all their bitcoin money at the problem when it could have been spent better. Forking is the lazy answer here.
Good thing the money I lost was nothing I'd lament losing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@Cryptical Envelopment LPTX, Ouch. Think it will rebound or is it stuck in PharmaPurgatory right now? What the **** is causing the PM sell off? Should at least be SSR tommorrow.

I've been buying big lately. Took down a massive chunk under $1 that is up 35% in a week. Look at the XBI. All of biotech has been destroyed this past year. Does that mean every individual company is suddenly problematic? Does that mean everything in their pipeline is suddenly NOT going to save lives? Some of these companies are trading at book value or even lower.

I think selective biotech is an incredible opportunity right now.

I've been buying big lately. Took down a massive chunk under $1 that is up 35% in a week. Look at the XBI. All of biotech has been destroyed this past year. Does that mean every individual company is suddenly problematic? Does that mean everything in their pipeline is suddenly NOT going to save lives? Some of these companies are trading at book value or even lower.

I think selective biotech is an incredible opportunity right now.
I hear you on all that...I am a speculative invester...hence I preach Mullen a lot right now. Just wondering if there was something I missed AH is all.

Advertisement
Yahoo finance today:
Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said Tuesday that the central bank will continue to raise short-term interest rates — which will likely slow economic activity — until there is “clear and convincing evidence” that inflation is coming down.

“We will go to that point and there won’t be any hesitation about that,” Powell said at a Wall Street Journal event.

In the face of inflation rates not seen since the 1980s, the Fed has ratcheted up short-term borrowing costs in an effort to dampen spending and investment. The Fed's preferred measure of inflation showed prices rising by 6.6% on a yearly basis in March, well above the central bank's target of 2%.

"There could be some pain involved in restoring price stability, but we think we can sustain a strong labor market," Powell said. The unemployment rate was at a historically low 3.6% in April. I

Mkts. Off highs but holding. Retail down.

What Powell essentially said is, "dont bank on a Fed put". The markets are listening and so should you guys.

There are ZERO positives out there. In no particular order, you have a still overvalued market, the Fed raising short term rates AND doing QT, record deficits that are going to get worse with higher rates, a thoroughly economically incompetent administration (the worst since Carter), inflation at a 40 year high and possibly/probably headed higher, a war with no end is sight that is disrupting supply lines, China in a continual lock down, etc etc. I could keep going and going, but you get the point.

Give me a single positive.

Advertisement
Back