Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

In celebration of our boy VFF hitting an all-time high today ( :fap: ), higher than the early 2019 cannabis bubble, I am bumping my first ever "call" on this site. :)

Not trying to gloat, sorry if it may seem crass, just want to celebrate with everyone who came along for the ride.

VFF Common from the time of this call: +286%
The $6 VFF calls, which I noted we rolled into 2022: +1200%
The puts hit the maximum gain of 100% too.

What a f'ing year.

@Empirical Cane how did it age??!?

#werenotdonewiththisone
I don't follow half the lingo, but sounds impressive...

Good on you for not being vague or engaging in revisionist history. You called it (I think?)!

Some muppets could learn from you, they won't of course, but still...

👍👍👍👍

Could ypu put the options jargon en Ingles por favor?

Advertisement
Grandma gave me her American Fund when she died...up 3.5% for the year... Thinking about selling and buying a few ARK funds. Any opinions? I don't own any, but I own a few of her top stocks.

Grandma gave me her American Fund when she died...up 3.5% for the year... Thinking about selling and buying a few ARK funds. Any opinions? I don't own any, but I own a few of her top stocks.
I like ARKG and ARKK the most, but can see the argument for ARKW too. I’ve been intrigued by the ARKF one, but something about fintech maybe seems to have less explosiveness. I could be completely off in that, but how many more SQ, PYPL, Tencent or MercadoLibre are there? They have been buying up GBTC, which is their move to owning actual crypto, but you’re also paying a decent premium for owning that trust instead of the underlying asset.

I don't follow half the lingo, but sounds impressive...

Good on you for not being vague or engaging in revisionist history. You called it (I think?)!

Some muppets could learn from you, they won't of course, but still...

👍👍👍👍

Could ypu put the options jargon en Ingles por favor?

Sure, when you write (sell) a put, think of yourself as the house. The purchaser pays YOU a premium, which you bank. I used that premium to buy the calls. They pretty much wash out in this case. That's the goal. So I am essentially using others people's money to buy them, sort of getting free calls.

The calls you own are simple. The stock goes in the money, you can do well. The put you sold is a little more complicated. If the stock is higher than the strike price at expiration, nothing happens, and you have that premium. if the stock is below the strike price, you are obligated to buy the stock from the put holder at the strike. So you want to do this with stocks you would be happy to own. And remember, your basis is the strike price, minus the premium cause you banked it.

Advertisement
Yes, any of the ARK funds Wi'll be fine. I own all and I would weight the "G" less.

If I knew the answer to that my robot llama would be answering this for me while I lounged with a few Playboy bunnies at my desert compound on Mars.

Luckily i bought my original allotment in index 1.0 thanksgiving week. I added a little in 2.0 this morning..

Index 2.0 is up 4.3% today wooohoo
Index 2.0 up another 7.5% premarket this AM. Be agressive be be agressive lol

Advertisement
I tried to buy sundial at 70 cent , now it’s at 2.39 . ****ers. I’m dealing with etrade from now on

Advertisement
Sure, when you write (sell) a put, think of yourself as the house. The purchaser pays YOU a premium, which you bank. I used that premium to buy the calls. They pretty much wash out in this case. That's the goal. So I am essentially using others people's money to buy them, sort of getting free calls.

The calls you own are simple. The stock goes in the money, you can do well. The put you sold is a little more complicated. If the stock is higher than the strike price at expiration, nothing happens, and you have that premium. if the stock is below the strike price, you are obligated to buy the stock from the put holder at the strike. So you want to do this with stocks you would be happy to own. And remember, your basis is the strike price, minus the premium cause you banked it.
If too much work/hassle, disregard, but can you put this into numbers for something like VFF for some extra context?

Advertisement
I tried to buy sundial at 70 cent , now it’s at 2.39 . ****ers. I’m dealing with etrade from now on

I got it at 0.714 on 1/7 and took more at 0.717 on 1/11.

Just sold enough to cover my investment + 25% this morning at 2.10, the rest I'm gonna ride and see what happens.

Advertisement
Back