Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Great stuff. Mike has positioned DG as a go to consultant to big money Wall Street and he has a full suite of products to offer.

Spot on. Think my first post about it here was the possibility of it being the future BlackRock of crypto. I think we are up around 350% since then. It just breaks my heart there aren't any options chains.

Last edited:
Advertisement
As far as LAC specifically i'm watching the technicals for a place to jump in. If it doesn't hold the 18.50 to 18.80 level i think you'll see a pretty big drop short term with $13.30 ish possibly in play. Any bounce on the 18$ level i mentioned and i'll jump in and just ride it out long term and continue to cost average in on dips. I'm picky on my entry points but once i'm in for a long term play like this i try not get concerned about short term price movements if fundamentals haven't changed.

I'm trying to capture every facet of the EV and Hydrogen Fuel Cell vehicle making process. So for me I'm cost averaging into a large basket of stocks that include hydrogen gas processors, rare earths, lithium miners, lithium refiners, battery makers, EV/Hydro vehicle manufactures both commercial and retail, charging stations, hydro refueling stations. etc, autonomous driving tech, both foreign and domestic. Spreading the weight and risk around helps me from getting caught up on spending too much time try to micromanage my investments and just trust my convictions on the sector as a whole.
Do you like SBE/charge point?

Do you like SBE/charge point?
I missed on this one early, it's on my watchlist and i'm waiting for a pullback. If it doesn't break 42 soon with volume I think we'll see a big correction. Big divergence on the RSI and MACD, looks like it's running out of momentum heading into earnings.

1612717200927.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
LAC up 14 %. Did you know something?
Lol i did not, it sure held support and then some. EV really seems like shooting fish in the barrel for the near future. I rebalanced my "homemade" index today. This one is far more aggressive than the last and heavily focused on Marijuana, EV, and Semi's. Not all equally weighted I'm heavier on a few names like the ARKS, AMD, NVIDIA, TSM, MSOS, VFF, The rest is pretty even. Still 40% is cash for silver, silver miners, and swing trade opportunities. I won't mess with this much for at least 3 months or so. I'm expecting to rotate profits 2nd half of 2021 back in to precious metals and probably some US EV MFG's other than Tesla and Workhorse.

I owned prob 80% of this list prior to today i just added to positions and bought the balance. Jumped in head first on a few of these that are red hot but I don't' have time to chart and be patient on entries on everything. Trusting in father time.

EV / Hydro / BattSemiconductorsMISCMarijuanaTech
NIONVDAIPOBACBPLTR
XPEVTSMZGCGCFSLY
LIAMDAIRBNBTLRYSHOP
TSLAMRVLVFFAI
ALBQCOMIIPRPRLB
BATT ETFQRVOCRONPIPP
LIT ETFSWKSMSOS
LACXLNXAPHA
LTHMMICRON
SBETXNScience/MedicineARKEnergy Resources
LAZRNXPICRSPARKGDMEHF
BLNKALGMNVTAARKFLIN
FCELLONTDOCARKKBEP
QSAVGOLGVW
PLUGCRUSTWISTSE
REMXPACBMTLS
AQMSTWOU
WKHS
BYDDY
BEEM
CLII
BLDP
CMI

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol i did not, it sure held support and then some. EV really seems like shooting fish in the barrel for the near future. I rebalanced my "homemade" index today. This one is far more aggressive than the last and heavily focused on Marijuana, EV, and Semi's. Not all equally weighted I'm heavier on a few names like the ARKS, AMD, NVIDIA, TSM, MSOS, VFF, The rest is pretty even. Still 40% is cash for silver, silver miners, and swing trade opportunities. I won't mess with this much for at least 3 months or so. I'm expecting to rotate profits 2nd half of 2021 back in to precious metals and probably some US EV MFG's other than Tesla and Workhorse.

I owned prob 80% of this list prior to today i just added to positions and bought the balance. Jumped in head first on a few of these that are red hot but I don't' have time to chart and be patient on entries on everything. Trusting in father time.

EV / Hydro / BattSemiconductorsMISCMarijuanaTech
NIONVDAIPOBACBPLTR
XPEVTSMZGCGCFSLY
LIAMDAIRBNBTLRYSHOP
TSLAMRVLVFFAI
ALBQCOMIIPRPRLB
BATT ETFQRVOCRONPIPP
LIT ETFSWKSMSOS
LACXLNXAPHA
LTHMMICRON
SBETXNScience/MedicineARKEnergy Resources
LAZRNXPICRSPARKGDMEHF
BLNKALGMNVTAARKFLIN
FCELLONTDOCARKKBEP
QSAVGOLGVW
PLUGCRUSTWISTSE
REMXPACBMTLS
AQMSTWOU
WKHS
BYDDY
BEEM
CLII
BLDP
CMI
SE has been going wild this year. I was looking at it in December and while doing DD read some posts from people in Thailand who had negative comments about how it is actually run, which dissuaded me from buying. Jokes on me for listening to random Thai people on the internet.

SE has been going wild this year. I was looking at it in December and while doing DD read some posts from people in Thailand who had negative comments about how it is actually run, which dissuaded me from buying. Jokes on me for listening to random Thai people on the internet.
Luckily i bought my original allotment in index 1.0 thanksgiving week. I added a little in 2.0 this morning..

Index 2.0 is up 4.3% today wooohoo

So should we sell some of our VFF leaps and buy on a pullback? Has to be a pullback soon, right?

If I knew the answer to that my robot llama would be answering this for me while I lounged with a few Playboy bunnies at my desert compound on Mars.

Advertisement

Big fail. You should stick to listening to random college football fans on the internet! :)

#sorryhadtojustmessing

Making an on the record rec:

The is the strategy I mentioned going back that has served me very, very well, and I found an opp. I am posting because I promised someone I would post if one came up and I keep my word.

Sell to open VFF 01/15/21 $4 puts at $1.05 at the open.

Buy to open VFF 01/15/21 $6 calls at $1 at the open.

After the transaction, you will have net been PAID $0.05 per "share" to own this strategy. If things go south your WORST case scenario is you end up net owning VFF shares at $3.95 to which I say, YES PLEASE ALL DAY, and how do I get as much as possible? I own a **** ton of the common, and I sell puts all the time to net lower basis. If you have to slide a nickel on each to fill, don't sweat it. You are still around breakeven. But getting net PAID on plays like this, even just a net nickel, feels great.

If things go well and the underlying stock goes where I think it will, the puts (which you sold short @ 1.05) will expire worthless, allowing you to keep the whole $1.05 premium, and the calls, which you will have been PAID to own, will do something very beautiful that you will like very, very much. If the stock goes to $8 (and I will be disappointed if that's where it goes to) you will have made around (guessing where the option will be) 40X+ on your 5 cent per share net investment, assuming the call goes to only $3. You can do your own math @ $10, etc. Getting things like this to work is how you murder.

Keep in mind that you need to have enough cash or margin availability to be able to buy the stock at $4 (100 shares per contract) so your brokerage is protected in case it goes down and you are forced to buy at $4 at expiration. Classic takes money to make money scenario.

Respect to the cat calling his shot.

We shall see how this ages on 15 Jan 21......

In celebration of our boy VFF hitting an all-time high today ( :fap: ), higher than the early 2019 cannabis bubble, I am bumping my first ever "call" on this site. :)

Not trying to gloat, sorry if it may seem crass, just want to celebrate with everyone who came along for the ride.

VFF Common from the time of this call: +286%
The $6 VFF calls, which I noted we rolled into 2022: +1200%
The puts hit the maximum gain of 100% too.

What a f'ing year.

@Empirical Cane how did it age??!?

#werenotdonewiththisone

Advertisement
Back