Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Advertisement
Is TRIT a better short term play then Galaxy right now. In your opinion.

Oh man. That's hard. I think TRIT is poised for a short squeeze at some point which should get it back to where it was. While crypto (galaxy) could pull back at any second, it could also double overnight. I don't short term crypto. I am HODL, and only trade BETWEEN coins. I really don't know.

Yes and no. That is the problem with a lot of the actively managed ETFs. And frankly, they did an amazing job in a market made for their target investments. It has been a bit of a perfect storm for them. However, at this point what they invest in is almost a self-fulfilling outcome and part of the reason why their daily trade newsletter is so smart. They say we bought X, Y, and Z and people piggy back off it, sending the stock higher and in turn their investments. There are people just speculating what is going to go into their ARKX fund, knowing that if they guess right, the stock will shoot up once announced. But to your point, if and when things move back to value from growth or if their next round of small cap investments don't pan out like TSLA and SQ, it could be a problem.
"Disruptive innovation is often not priced correctly by traditional investment strategies because people may not understand how big the ultimate opportunities are going to be. They aren't sizing the opportunity and they aren't analyzing the disruption" Cathie Wood, founder ARK Funds

Advertisement
"Disruptive innovation is often not priced correctly by traditional investment strategies because people may not understand how big the ultimate opportunities are going to be. They aren't sizing the opportunity and they aren't analyzing the disruption" Cathie Wood, founder ARK Funds
I understand her thesis, and am invested in both ARKG and ARKK. I am also thinking of adding some ARKF. I am buying what she is selling. However, the risk that Cyptical is pointing out, which is fair, is what if this batch of innovative companies do not develop or take off the way this last batch have. What if the market is not patient enough for their technologies to become viable and have the company reach that exponential growth? I am bullish on genetics, but a LOT of the companies they invested in need to make good on their technology and turn a profit. That fund in particular feels a bit more speculative to me, though I am up nearly 40% since investing in it. I hope that is not the case, as I have skin in the game, but they are noted as high-risk, high-reward funds for a reason.

I understand her thesis, and am invested in both ARKG and ARKK. I am also thinking of adding some ARKF. I am buying what she is selling. However, the risk that Cyptical is pointing out, which is fair, is what if this batch of innovative companies do not develop or take off the way this last batch have. What if the market is not patient enough for their technologies to become viable and have the company reach that exponential growth? I am bullish on genetics, but a LOT of the companies they invested in need to make good on their technology and turn a profit. That fund in particular feels a bit more speculative to me, though I am up nearly 40% since investing in it. I hope that is not the case, as I have skin in the game, but they are noted as high-risk, high-reward funds for a reason.
Of course, I was just presenting the other side of the trade. Especially, for some of our forum mates who may not be up to speed on ARK.

Of course, I was just presenting the other side of the trade. Especially, for some of our forum mates who may not be up to speed on ARK.
It seems like they have been moving out of their last round that hit big. Don’t know if it is because they think those companies have run or if it is a weighting in the portfolio. I think they cap each holding at 10%? But it looks like square and Tesla have been on their sell lists recently.

Advertisement
It seems like they have been moving out of their last round that hit big. Don’t know if it is because they think those companies have run or if it is a weighting in the portfolio. I think they cap each holding at 10%? But it looks like square and Tesla have been on their sell lists recently.
10% must cut. Correct

Tough call to make, but I am shifting on TRIT. Keeping the warrants and my calls (actually bought another) and selling my TRIT common. I feel like its going to languish a bit. Weird feeling suddenly too. Win some, lose some, live to fight another day, fellas.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tough call to make, but I am shifting on TRIT. Keeping the warrants and my calls (actually bought another) and selling my TRIT common. I feel like its going to languish a bit. Weird feeling suddenly too. Win some, lose some, live to fight another day, fellas.
What moved your view on them?

Advertisement
Why still holding the warrants if dumping the stock?

Advertisement
Back