Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Fair point, but those 3 holdings comprise just 17% of the ETF. They’re held for the Social and Governance themes, but I see quite a few utilities and energy sector companies held that likely are for the Environmental theme.

Do you have any ETFs you’d recommend? I’m researching the health care sector ETFs.

In general, I like clean energy ETFs (ICLN, YLCO, ACES) and cybersecurity ETFs (BUG, HACK, CIBR) because those are basically guaranteed future growth industries, IMO. All six of those have made me money. I also like TAN, CLOU, PHO, and ARKG a lot. Problem is, they've all been on a tear for a while -- I bought in late 2019 -- and I'm hesitant to buy at historic highs. If we see drops this fall, I'll put some more in, but I'm not sure if any are buys right now.

If you find any others, holler!

Advertisement
The case for continued bull market for the rest of the year.

Cheap money/monetary policy by the fed; corporations investing heavily in productivity enhancing software and services and cutting costs; US companies are by far world leaders in high tech/internet/software/services and are the innovators, which will drive share prices higher.

Just playing devil's advocate, you very well could be right.
The rest of the year. Reading comprehension... respectfully, there’s a difference between now and the rest of the year. The market will pull back here. I’m guessing the S&P will see 2600. It will also come roaring back, just like it has. Rest of the year is ten lifetimes in markets. You’re not the Devi’s advocate. I’m talking about making it coming and going. I’m hoping we head into November with the DOW above 28,000. I’ll wait and see how the first two weeks of the pull back fairs.

Last edited:
Not sure if I mentioned PTI but don’t think that trade is going to work and I just got out. I’ll take a 5% gain happily on a “failed” trade, you should too IMO if you bought.

Last edited:
The Fed will speak tomorrow. They will keep rates low, GROW INFLATION and most likely say very little about the seven trillion on the books now. The dollar won’t hold at these levels and should test .88 lows. I would be very comfortable calling a top today or tomorrow. I wouldn’t want to be in this market this time next week. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. Enjoy the day boys, they’re fleeting. I love capitol markets and there’s a huge opportunity here. It’s no longer on the side of the bulls. Have a great rest of your week and weekend. If you can’t hear that train coming, you’re not listening.
Wrong or right, I appreciate you being one of the guys who doesn’t just crown himself and man’s up and makes a market call.

Advertisement
The rest of the year. Reading comprehension... respectfully, there’s a difference between now and the rest of the year. The market will pull back here. I’m guessing the S&P will see 2600. It will also come roaring back, just like it has. Rest of the year is ten lifetimes in markets. You’re not the Devi’s advocate. I’m talking about making it coming and going. I’m hoping we head into November with the DOW above 28,000. I’ll wait and see how the first two weeks of the pull back fairs.
Reading comprehension??

I made a case, a general case for a continued bull market to counter your crash scenario (which you didn't make a case for, except for your paranoia) The dow and S&P are only slightly above the february highs and I see smooth sailing ahead for both. Tech will take a step back, but not a crash.

I do agree with your making money on the way down, Livermore style.

In general, I like clean energy ETFs (ICLN, YLCO, ACES) and cybersecurity ETFs (BUG, HACK, CIBR) because those are basically guaranteed future growth industries, IMO. All six of those have made me money. I also like TAN, CLOU, PHO, and ARKG a lot. Problem is, they've all been on a tear for a while -- I bought in late 2019 -- and I'm hesitant to buy at historic highs. If we see drops this fall, I'll put some more in, but I'm not sure if any are buys right now.

If you find any others, holler!
Been riding ACES since early April...doubled up since.

Advertisement
You can make a lot of money in a down market, here are 3 basic ways to take advantage.

You can short a a stock (set that up with your brokerage), buy puts, buy an ETF that specifically is designed to take advantage of down markets (PSQ 1x , QID 2x and SQQQ 3x; these 3 short the QQQ ETF at 1 to 3 times the rate).

Advertisement
Reading comprehension??

I made a case, a general case for a continued bull market to counter your crash scenario (which you didn't make a case for, except for your paranoia) The dow and S&P are only slightly above the february highs and I see smooth sailing ahead for both. Tech will take a step back, but not a crash.

I do agree with your making money on the way down, Livermore style.
I wasn’t predicting the rest of the year, only a significant market pullback. It’s a clear an easy retesting the highs of the previous lows. That’s the simple explanation 👍 I guess we’ll all see together. I truly hope it’s a quick pullback. Today’s Fed wasn’t what anyone expected. It’s been a very good year for everyone. Let’s hope we all continue to bank. Go Canes. Wasn’t trying to offend

I wasn’t predicting the rest of the year, only a significant market pullback. It’s a clear an easy retesting the highs of the previous lows. That’s the simple explanation 👍 I guess we’ll all see together. I truly hope it’s a quick pullback. Today’s Fed wasn’t what anyone expected. It’s been a very good year for everyone. Let’s hope we all continue to bank. Go Canes. Wasn’t trying to offend
All good. I appreciate your thoughts.

The one wild card in todays economy is the Fed and what lengths they'll go to help the economy. It tends to get in the way of traditional economic theory. Go Canes!

XOM is a buy at $40.

10-15% 12 month upside AND 9% DIV. Low-hanging fruit. Could go down to the $36 range along the way, but I'd be surprised.

Oversold due to DJIA removal (joke) and the storm.

Advertisement
US tech stocks are now larger then the entire European stock market. Thirteen years ago Europe was four times as large. Is this US dominance or over valued? I think it's our dominance. They can't compete with our innovation.

US tech stocks are now larger then the entire European stock market. Thirteen years ago Europe was four times as large. Is this US dominance or over valued? I think it's our dominance. They can't compete with our innovation.
Part of it is the regulatory environment in Europe, which makes Dodd-Frank compliance look like child’s play. Between GDPR, SRD II, CSDR, etc it’s a regulatory nightmare for U.S. asset managers to comply with purchasing European securities for their clients. And then you’ve got fragmentation and Brexit and all types of country-specific drama and currency issues you don’t deal with here. So they’re not doing themselves any favors just from the start.

Both. But also USD dominance

@Cryptical Envelopment VFF looking bullish at the end of triangle. Time to pick my seat.

1598823445140.png

Advertisement
Back