Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I sold amd and never bought back. Missed the run. So ****ed.

probably buy pre split on the Tesla.
I've thought about that but that's a pretty penny to spare. I'm considering doing the same but my focus right now is to sell some stuff so I don't have to add money to my account.

If the splits follow the same pattern as some has in the past I'm going to fest next week with Apple and the following week with Tesla.

Advertisement
VFF 01/15/2021 6.00 CALLS @ .75 cents RIGHT NOW is a great opp IMO. Def some risk to this with the strike being January and them being OOTM but that's why they are so cheap. Possible 300%-600% 5-month gain. Could also lose 100% of course. High risk/higher reward play.

Again, you could SELL some VFF puts too to pay for this trade and make it even cheaper/reduce the option side risk.

VFF - $5.10
CFMS - $0.65
I just bought more VFF at $4.99

Also...

Bought back the VFF JAN '21 $5 CALLS for $1.05 ( half price - we sold them a few weeks ago for $2.10)

And paid for them by SELLING VFF SEPT '20 $5 puts for .45 so the calls were essentially free

That should tell you how I feel about VFF both near term and medium term. And of course, long term.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Read back a few pages. Yes. Somewhere between 3400/3500 this market will fall back to 2600. Apple will see 325 and amazon 2200. I’ll buy at 2600, but it could see 2300 again too. Make it coming and going. 🤫 You do you. I’m only responsible for my money.
Might be time to short this market. I know most can’t do it. Good luck. No one ever went broke taking a profit.

Might be time to short this market. I know most can’t do it. Good luck. No one ever went broke taking a profit.

You said 3400 right? If it peaked at 3399 yesterday and drops +/-25% like you said, I will crown your *** and send you money to manage lol.

I just don't see more than a max 8% pullback when it happens. And I have some powder ready to deploy.

Advertisement
Making a (speculative) call right now:

Adding more PTI at $1.32. I bought my initial position at $1.26 FYI.

Not for your kids college fund, but for the high risk/high reward part of your portfolio. I am looking for $3+ out of it.

You said 3400 right? If it peaked at 3399 yesterday and drops +/-25% like you said, I will crown your *** and send you money to manage lol.

I just don't see more than a max 8% pullback when it happens. And I have some powder ready to deploy.
I’m not trying to call it to the number. 3400 is my time to short the market. I’ll buy back in when the S&P hits 2600. I’ll buy amazon and Apple. I’ll continue to hold and go long gold. I’m also keeping my covid stock. I’m very happy with my YTD returns. I’m never set on anything, because things change. For now, it’s something I’m comfortable doing. The market rewards those with a plan and punishes those without one.

Advertisement
This stock been going down daily. Do you feel good about it?
Well, I bought more! :)

Yes, all good. They have plenty of cash. Burn rate isn't really an issue right now. Many of the suits see this as a $5-$8 stock.

Very aggressive high-flying biotech play, but I see the risk/reward quotient as very, very attractive at this price. Great science, great mgmt, great investors, and great catalysts. Solid shot at a 12 month triple. Not a new idea for me, I've been all over it for months. Just giving it to the board now because the price is so attractive.

Edit: A lot of sharp money was buying this at $2. Nice opportunity to be 10% smarter than them. Last month I made a rec with a similar note (CYCN) at $3.73 that is now at $5.66, which is up over 52% already. I wouldn't mind if this performed as well or better, but I think this will take a little longer. But at these prices... yum.

Edit: CYCN now at $6.07 🔥 🤯

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ok, more CYCN stuff...

We bought here at $3.73...

It's currently at $6.04 so we are up 62% in a few weeks. 🔥

But it gets CRAZIER.

Someone out there just bought OCT 16 '20 CYCN $10 CALLS from me for $1.20. o_O

That means he has the right to force me to sell him CYCN for $10 if it goes above there by Oct. 16. Which means, because he had to pay me $1.20 per share for the privilege, he loses money if it doesn't go above $11.20 by then. If it isn't at $10 by then, I make 100% of the premium, which is a 200% gain.

So someone out there just made a pretty good sized bet that CYCN is going to go parabolic in the next two months. He's either an idiot, or a genius.

But either way, I either get to keep his $1.20 share if it doesn't get to $10, or I get forced to unload some of my shares at $11.20 - I am happy to take some off the table there regardless.

Things are happening. We may see two data cycles before then. Could be an Alzheimers game-change best case.

WILD.

Advertisement
Back