Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Fun fact:

Bitcoin is up 64% in 2020, which is more than double the gains for "record-breaking" gold (up 28% YTD).

But let's take it further...

Some alt coins, like LINK which which I've referenced, are up even more. LINK for instance is up 1,054% YTD.

Some easily obtainable crypto plays that I've mentioned that you can easily buy in your regular stock accounts like BRPHF and HVBTF are up 351% and 447% respectively.

🤯

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fun fact:

Bitcoin is up 64% in 2020, which is more than double the gains for "record-breaking" gold (up 28% YTD).

But let's take it further...

Some alt coins, like LINK which which I've referenced, are up even more. LINK for instance is up 1,054% TYD.

Some easily obtainable crypto plays that I've mentioned that you can easily buy in your regular stock accounts like BRPHF and HVBTF are up 351% and 447% respectively.

🤯
I’m still waiting on my ripple to blow up. Will it?

I’m still waiting on my ripple to blow up. Will it?
It will get pulled along with the BTC tide most likely, but I am not a fan relative to other coins. The ones I like are in this thread already. Of course entry point and price are important.

I am rooting for LINK to catch and pass XRP in valuation one day, but it has a long, long way to go.

My 2 cents.

Advertisement
It’s not a car company. When you see that it will all make since. My eyes have been opened.
YouTube Cathy wood. She will explain.
TSLA.JPG

WTF This is insane!

Bought more CFMS .68 and VFF 5.30 today

NOW NOW NOW

Edit: classic shakeout and buying opp on VFF. Was accumulating all day. Go balls deep under $5.20

CFMS is a load up under .70. Free money.

Last edited:
I guess a stock split which does nothing for actual value was worth almost a 30 percent increase in less than a week. Makes perfect sense to me especially when it was on a 10 percent downswing until the minute before the announcement.
Stock splits don’t do anything for value from a strictly technical viewpoint.

But one thing I learned about the markets when I first started investing is that there is a psychological component to the markets, which sometimes is not fully quantifiable, but nonetheless exists. And with stock splits, that effect occurs, as while there sometimes there is no technical or valuation reason for a stock to get a bump after a split, they sometimes do.

Advertisement
Stock splits don’t do anything for value from a strictly technical viewpoint.

But one thing I learned about the markets when I first started investing is that there is a psychological component to the markets, which sometimes is not fully quantifiable, but nonetheless exists. And with stock splits, that effect occurs, as while there sometimes there is no technical or valuation reason for a stock to get a bump after a split, they sometimes do.
i just think with fractional trading, its completely insane psychologically or not that a stock goes up 30-35 percent in less than a week on a split when it was on the down slope. At some point, I'm sure I'll bite off on tsla, but it seems like this latest move is beyond unsustainable. It's going to hit 2000 tomorrow at this rate.

Then again, a lot right now in the market seems to be more about feelings than actual numbers.

CYCN announced a $24M private placement at $4.00 to two sharps on Friday.

You can buy it now at $3.73

#loadup
Since it's been exactly two weeks, let's revisit this trade. CYCN announced that they had completed a $24M raise via private placement with Slate Path Capital and Pappas Capital at $4 A SHARE.

Anyone think these guys didn't know what the future held for the company when they went in? Know how long they must have kicked the tires?

Two days later the stock was trading at $3.73, ALMOST 7% BELOW THE PRIVATE PLACEMENT PRICE. Sometimes, money is free if you look carefully enough.

It closed today at $5.56.

We are up +49% in TWO WEEKS.

When its time to #loadup its time to #loadup. CYCN should have an interesting next 30 days or so too. A lot of data coming out. If anyone besides @Cribby jumped in, I'd recommend you hold your position for now.

Last edited:
I'm new to this thread but I wanted to see what people are doing. I'm a long term investor. I just wanted to know if anyone is planning to jump on Apple on the 24th & Tesla on the 31st when the split goes through. I'm already invested in Apple but I think it will be a great time to buy in on a discount when people start to sell a day or 2 after the split. Same with Tesla.

Also a great play to get in on is CRUS. If it hasn't been talked about they sell the chips that are in Apple and Samsung phones. Once the new iPhone drop that stock will benefit. It's trading at $60.69 right now.

AMD is a stock that I bought 10 shares @$59 2 weeks ago. The next day it went up to $66 and now it's at $82.46. Another company that makes computer chips.

Advertisement
I'm new to this thread but I wanted to see what people are doing. I'm a long term investor. I just wanted to know if anyone is planning to jump on Apple on the 24th & Tesla on the 31st when the split goes through. I'm already invested in Apple but I think it will be a great time to buy in on a discount when people start to sell a day or 2 after the split. Same with Tesla.

Also a great play to get in on is CRUS. If it hasn't been talked about they sell the chips that are in Apple and Samsung phones. Once the new iPhone drop that stock will benefit. It's trading at $60.69 right now.

AMD is a stock that I bought 10 shares @$59 2 weeks ago. The next day it went up to $66 and now it's at $82.46. Another company that makes computer chips.
I sold amd and never bought back. Missed the run. So ****ed.

probably buy pre split on the Tesla.

Since it's been exactly two weeks, let's revisit this trade. CYCN announced that they had completed a $24M raise via private placement with Slate Path Capital and Pappas Capital at $4 A SHARE.

Anyone think these guys didn't know what the future held for the company when they went in? Know how long they must have kicked the tires?

Two days later the stock was trading at $3.73, ALMOST 7% BELOW THE PRIVATE PLACEMENT PRICE. Sometimes, money is free if you look carefully enough.

It closed today at $5.56.

We are up +49% in TWO WEEKS.

When its time to #loadup its time to #loadup. CYCN should have an interesting next 30 days or so too. A lot of data coming out. If anyone besides @Cribby jumped in, I'd recommend you hold your position for now.
Just bought some VFF and CFMS.

Advertisement
@Cryptical Envelopment ...What is attractive to you about CFMS as a company? I know nothing about this so just trying to get some insight.
No worries.

I think CFMS has similar upside potential to VFF and these prices are a bargain ($52M market cap right now!). Trades at less than 1X revenue and has a portfolio of patents that may be worth $100mm+ alone. They have a partnership with the industry leader, Stryker (who I could see taking them out), and organic target market growth (aging population - will all need knees, hips, and/or shoulders, sadly). Undervalued.

Advertisement
Back