Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

I am confused re: JNUG. How did it go from $1k to $147 during a gold boom?
well there was a reverse split 10 to 1. so it was at like 100 in feb before the crash and because it was a 3x it lost 96% in like 3 weeks. it got down to 3.50. thats where i found it. the reason why it hasnt recovered is the company. switched the leverage at the bottom to a 2x. that loses alot more than you would think. it is up 400% from march but with a 3x it would be up like 1000%. In april they did the reverse split so it went from 6.30 to 63. so thats how. and it is expect to get around 1500 in a year to 15 months maybe sooner

Advertisement
Well, he bought 20M+ shares of Barrick Gold in Q2 which could have been 4-5 months ago, so its probably run 30%+ since he bought, and it spiked again in the after market off the news. I hate joining a trade late.:). Besides you want me to stay away from your metals trades. I'm back luck there!
but what that news does is puts the miners on peoples minds. AUY PAAS, B2gold, KCG all reported 200%+ better than expected earnings and increased dividends. miners are good to hold right now and theyre cheap at the moment. if you want to get in AUY is a good one up and coming and is going on the LSE in a month.

well there was a reverse split 10 to 1. so it was at like 100 in feb before the crash and because it was a 3x it lost 96% in like 3 weeks. it got down to 3.50. thats where i found it. the reason why it hasnt recovered is the company. switched the leverage at the bottom to a 2x. that loses alot more than you would think. it is up 400% from march but with a 3x it would be up like 1000%. In april they did the reverse split so it went from 6.30 to 63. so thats how. and it is expect to get around 1500 in a year to 15 months maybe sooner

So they 3x'd you on the way down and 2x'd you on the way up? Not f'ing cool. And not for me lol. But the reverse split is a relief. Make your money!

Too rich for my blood at this price. Hovering around $300 billion market value, that's more than Toyota, Ford, and VW combined. Yet they have a tiny fraction of the market share. It's so overvalued, it just makes no sense to me. Piper is in the minority with a price target showing value, but maybe they are the only analysts who know how to value the stock?

Of course, I said a similar thing back in early June when a friend I trust told me I should go buy myself 20 shares when TSLA was hovering just north of $850. At the time, I couldn't understand how a (primarily) auto manufacturer that only delivered about 90K cars in Q1 2020 could have doubled its stock price since the beginning of the year in the middle of a global health crisis. I figured I'd missed my chance to really cash in back in March, and the price was leveling out.

Of course, the stock has doubled since then and I'm kicking myself, so please ignore anything I have to say about Tesla (it'll probably make you money).
It’s not a car company. When you see that it will all make since. My eyes have been opened.
YouTube Cathy wood. She will explain.

Anyone who cleared out their savings in early March and let it all ride with TSLA is looking like a rich genius today, that's for sure.
He is building 3 now all at once. Under two years easy. Getting more and more efficient. Cutting costs exponentially. Mo money mo money

Advertisement
It’s not a car company. When you see that it will all make since. My eyes have been opened.
YouTube Cathy wood. She will explain.
Sure. They are a renewable sustainable energy company, who began applying its technology into the auto sector as a jumping off point. But they still don't actually sell much of anything (and what they still primarily sell is cars). A valuation of $2300/share right now seems crazy bananas under most traditional valuation methods. Either Tesla is the company that breaks the mold, or it's a whole lot of smoke & mirrors. Either way, Musk is a ******* genius.

Sure. They are a renewable sustainable energy company, who began applying its technology into the auto sector as a jumping off point. But they still don't actually sell much of anything (and what they still primarily sell is cars). A valuation of $2300/share right now seems crazy bananas under most traditional valuation methods. Either Tesla is the company that breaks the mold, or it's a whole lot of smoke & mirrors. Either way, Musk is a ******* genius.
I agree. Elon seems to be several steps ahead of everyone else. I asked an engineer friend, "What realistic breakthrough is coming that will be revolutionary." He said, "battery technology/storage and keep an eye out on what Musk is doing there."

Advertisement
but what that news does is puts the miners on peoples minds. AUY PAAS, B2gold, KCG all reported 200%+ better than expected earnings and increased dividends. miners are good to hold right now and theyre cheap at the moment. if you want to get in AUY is a good one up and coming and is going on the LSE in a month.
I don't play in metals. That said, I own AUY. What are your thoughts on its prospects?

I don't play in metals. That said, I own AUY. What are your thoughts on its prospects?
i bought a bunch of options on it lol. AUY is a good company and miner for the future with the gold bull market just starting out. i think it gets a nice bump Monday due to buffet and it beating profits by 250%. also with it being listed on LSE i think in September will also boost it. Nows a good time to diversify with miners. there is a market correction coming after the election. Buffet sees it and he hates gold

They will own the car industry. The ice companies will be buying things from Tesla. Solar panels. They will own all ride sharing. And robotics.

they believe car companies will hire Tesla to build their factories. So efficient.

And mining. He will want the metals for his batteries instead of buying them.

Last edited:
She says 14k. Pre split
If everything goes perfectly.

Advertisement
What do you guys use to read charts for any of the chart readers out there 🤔
Have you tried this

I populated it with AAPL, just put whatever stock you want in upper left.

It’s not a “chart reader“, per se, for example it won’t tell you if there’s a triple bottom reversal, or cup and handle, etc, you still have to do that yourself. But a lot of general type analysis in one spot.

They believe you will go to work then your car will drive around and taxi people and make you money while you are at work then pick you up at the end of the day.

Have you tried this

I populated it with AAPL, just put whatever stock you want in upper left.

It’s not a “chart reader“, per se, for example it won’t tell you if there’s a triple bottom reversal, or cup and handle, etc, you still have to do that yourself. But a lot of general type analysis in one spot.
on the computer investing will point out patterns for you. not the complicated ones but basic ones.

Advertisement
She says 14k. Pre split
If everything goes perfectly.
that wont happen for some time. I think Tesla is the future for a lot of things. but with the recession/ possible i hope not depression coming. it will correct like the rest of the tech sector. smartest thing they did was do a split because it will lower it for more buyers to jump in and make the at least 30% correction (which is what most analysts say is the lower end of the correction) not tank them as badly. Once things settle with what covid and the unlimited money prining the fed is printing i will stay away from normal techs and equity stocks.

Advertisement
Back