Off-Topic Stock Market & Crypto Discussion

Of course, a very possible outcome. I just can't see Joe Public jumping back on a cruise ship unless it's going to Alaska or New England Leaves cruise.

I haven't heard any of the Lines address a fresh outbreak on a foreign itinerary cruise.

Any insight guys?

Advertisement
Of course, a very possible outcome. I just can't see Joe Public jumping back on a cruise ship unless it's going to Alaska or New England Leaves cruise.

I haven't heard any of the Lines address a fresh outbreak on a foreign itinerary cruise.

Any insight guys?
Honestly, I would buy just a handful of the high risk stocks. You may be risking $100 if the stock goes belly-up, but the upside may mean a quick buck just on positive news about a vaccine.

Any insight guys?
They are damaged stocks, the question is are they over-damaged? And what is the repair period? I'm not interested in paying to find out. Its not an interesting trade to me. If you want to go there, go airlines and BA when they drop. People NEED to fly (and with BA you get military exposure). It's an essential service. Cruising is not. I just sold all my airline calls and some of my BA common FYI so now is NOT the time. Disclaimer: I do own BA Jan '22 calls though. We are up 54% on them and not selling any time soon.

Last edited:
They are damaged stocks, the question is are they over-damaged? And what is the repair period? I'm not interested in paying to find out. Its not an interesting trade to me. If you want to go there, go airlines and BA when they drop. People NEED to fly (and with BA you get military exposure). It' an essential service. Cruising is not. I just sold all my airline calls and some of my BA common FYI so now is now the time. Disclaimer: I do own BA Jan '22 calls though. We are up 54% on them and not selling any time soon.
I wouldn't buy any cruise stocks. People keep saying these stocks bound to come back and I say yeah with a new set of shareholders.

Before all this Covid I was a big time cruiser and I miss it big time.

Anyone have any stocks they like for a 3-5 year buy and hold time horizon?

I'm thinking Boeing and Disney are excellent long-term buys.

Separately, anyone have any short-term thoughts on General Electric? I think it might be a good time to buy GE now.

Advertisement

Separately, anyone have any short-term thoughts on General Electric? I think it might be a good time to buy GE now.

I’ve owned Disney since it was around $50. Got some Boring as well. Not selling either anytime soon.

I have an account that is buy and hold, that has several stocks. Those are a couple of the stocks in it. Mostly high tech in that account though.

I have another much larger account that’s my trading account. That’s the one I’m in and out of stocks in

You may want to take a look on p. 46.

There was an article posted about TV ad revenue loss from cord cutting.

There were 2 companies mentioned toward the bottom.

I think both are fine companies - with the 2nd being the most productive to date and will probably continue to outperform most for quite some time.

These are both fairly young public companies.

And neither has a terribly large market cap yet.

Plenty of other positives about them.

No interest in GE. I like BA long term but not at these levels. Try to get in around $160. Look at the 2022 calls too. Is it ok if I make some recs that you don't have to wait 3-5 years to clean up on?:) Or do you like waiting? Check my posts in this thread. LPTX and CFMS haven't run yet. Buy at $1.90 and .70 if you can.

VFF and CYCN are killing it, and should be bought on 10% dips. VFF is my #1 conviction play over the next 1-3 years right now. I posted a long thesis and some other notes in here. I am up 96% on the common and as much as 145% on various options and we have a long way to go.

If you get get NLY under $6.75 and ET under $6 you will make a lot of money over 3-5 years. Those are good long term plays with huge dividends that you can reinvest if you don't have the bandwidth to use that cash strategically.

PS- all of this is trackable in this thread. I've stuck my neck out. You don't have to "believe a guy on the internet" who tells you how smart they are. Maybe I'm smart, maybe I'm not, but I stand by my recs.

Caveat emptyyourpockets. That's latin for watch your ***!

Last edited:
Advertisement
No interest in GE. I like BA long term but not at these levels. Try to get in around $160. Look at the 2022 calls too. Is it ok if I make some recs that you don't have to wait 3-5 years to clean up on?:) Or do you like waiting? Check my posts in this thread. LPTX and CFMS haven't run yet. Buy at $1.90 and .70 if you can.

VFF and CYCN re killing it, and should be bought on 10% dips. VFF is my #1 conviction play over the next 1-3 years right now. I posted a long thesis and some other notes in here. I am up 96% on the common and as much as 145% on various options and we have a long way to go.

If you get get NLY under $6.75 and ET under $6 you will make a lot of money over 3-5 years. Those are good long term plays with huge dividends that you can reinvest if you don't have the bandwidth to us that cash strategically.

PS- all of this is trackable in this thread. I've stuck my neck out. You don't have to "believe a guy on the internet" who tells you how smart they are. Maybe I'm smart, maybe I'm not, but I stand by my recs.

Caveat emptyyourpockets. That's latin for watch your ***!
Here’s my problem: I work in finance and am privy to MNPI so I have to pre-clear everything I do and have a minimum 60 day hold requirement. I also can’t trade derivatives and I’d love to day trade watching the Level II unfulfilled limit orders for institutional size bids/asks, but I can’t. No way I’d touch those dollar stocks with a 60 day minimum hold. I will look into these recommendations of yours.

@Cryptical Envelopment I am doing my research on VFF. It has a Q2 earnings call tomorrow at 8:30am so it’ll likely be a mover tomorrow. Up $.09 premarket after closing down $.29 today. Tells me perhaps it’s a total surprise what they announce. I’ll be watching to see what is announced and I appreciate the tip.

Here’s my problem: I work in finance and am privy to MNPI so I have to pre-clear everything I do and have a minimum 60 day hold requirement. I also can’t trade derivatives and I’d love to day trade watching the Level II unfulfilled limit orders for institutional size bids/asks, but I can’t. No way I’d touch those dollar stocks with a 60 day minimum hold. I will look into these recommendations of yours.

I'd be ok with a forced hold on VFF, NLY and ET at the entry points I specified. I'd also be ok with 60 days on CFMS with some spec money. I'd be a little surprised if they aren't bought out in 2021-2022.

Advertisement
@Cryptical Envelopment I am doing my research on VFF. It has a Q2 earnings call tomorrow at 8:30am so it’ll likely be a mover tomorrow. Up $.09 premarket after closing down $.29 today. Tells me perhaps it’s a total surprise what they announce. I’ll be watching to see what is announced and I appreciate the tip.

Nothing super earth shattering on this call. All positive stuff we expected. It's a bit volatile, but I've been buying common and options since $2.92 and as high as $5 or so.

See my posts in this thread re: VFF:

One of them has a long thesis.

Advertisement
I've got a ton of comped cruises just waiting. **** coron

I've got a ton of comped cruises just waiting. **** corona.
GF and myself are Huge Cruisers as well...Mostly Eastern and Western Caribbean...I lived in St Thomas for 4yrs as a Child (61-64) Father had a Restaurant in Charlotte Amalie, overlooking Mehgans Bay....Always Special going back...

Yeah, buy AAPL. They have over 1 billion people on this planet walking around with one of their devices in their pockets which they can instantly download software and services to.

Advertisement
Back